A.P. Indy

Comments

• Dreaming of Julia is one of AP Indy's fillys!1
    Stonestreet Farm‏ tweets about Dreaming of Julia–15 length win at Belmont!!
    Julia Jackson leads her namesake Dreaming of Julia in the winner’s circle after her brilliant performance
    Our homebred Dreaming of Julia rolls in a 15 length win to a call of
    ‘What an exciting filly this is!’. Wow!!

Dreaming of Julia trending! So proud of our homebred and congrats to our Stonestreet team, Pletcher and Jonny V for doing such a great job!

BklynBckstretch tweet
    Barbara Banke of @StonestreetFarm says Frizette likely next for Dreaming of Julia, led into winner’s circle by her namesake.
    Have to add this great tweet by BklynBckstretch
    Dreaming of Julia looked a little lonely there at the end
  • Thanks again, Keta, she is awesome. I didn't know A.P Indy was her dad! Glad to know. One of the greats for sure! Seattle Slew is my absolute favorite of all times! Even over Secretariat to me, just loved the way he looked!
  • Did I read that right? 33 starts? Unheard of today! Just too damn easy for these horses to slip through the cracks, sad!
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited September 2012
    Belmont Park: Dreaming of Julia romps by 16 1/4 lengths in Meadow Star Stakes
    By David Grening DRF
    http://www.drf.com/news/belmont-park-dreaming-julia-romps-16-14-lengths-meadow-star-stakes
    So, this win was even bigger than first reported.
  • Wow! Caught a glimpse of Great-Grampa Secretariat in that win.
  • heh heh
  • Thanks again, Keta, she is awesome. I didn't know A.P Indy was her dad! Glad to know. One of the greats for sure! Seattle Slew is my absolute favorite of all times! Even over Secretariat to me, just loved the way he looked!
    Same here. I've been following all of Slew's progenies and their progenies for years. My favorite is Slewpy of course because NJ named him Horse of the Year in the state. Slewpy had a big fan club at the Meadowlands where he won the Meadowlands Cup and the Paterson Handicap.

I loved the way A. P. Indy ran with his head so low. Hopefully, Dreaming of Julia will turn out to be another RA or Z. She is breathtaking. Her blaze resembles her half-sister Rags to Riches.
  • I just loved Rags to Riches. I think she is so pretty, and what a fighter! haven't heard anything about her in a long time. Anyone know how she is? Where is she living these days?
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    I just loved Rags to Riches. I think she is so pretty, and what a fighter! haven't heard anything about her in a long time. Anyone know how she is? Where is she living these days?
    Rags is in Ireland

• Keeneland Sales start today Mon. Sept. 10
    Hear that the weather is almost perfect.

Keeneland‏@keeneland
    It’s opening day of the September Yearling Sale!
    Watch all the action live beginning at 4 PM on
    http://www.keeneland.com. #keesept

A.P. Indy‏ tweet
    Last crop of yearlings at Keeneland.
    Hope they’ll get trainers who will give them lots of attention.
    And top owners like Repole &
    Keta Note: This tweet did end on &.
  • Referring to AP Indy's 'pensioned'...what does that mean exactly? I thought it meant no longer being bred, but I get the feeling that maybe that is for commerical breedings, ie if the owner wanted to breed his own mare(s) to him, they could give it a try. Somebody out there in Z land must know.....
  • edited September 2012
    I always thought it meant they were retired for good from all breeding because either they were too old, stopped covering mares, or both.

Though I have to admit that filly that was just sold at Keenland was a REAL looker! She looked a lot like her papa.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I intend to make a trip one day to meet him....Or if it's to late...Pay my respects to his grave.
  • Filly from final crop of A.P. Indy brings $1.1-million
    Posted: Monday, September 10, 2012 9:46 PM
    by Nicole Russo
    A.P. Sonata, a filly from the final crop of A.P. Indy, sold for $1.1-million to Whisper Hill Farm during the opening session of the Keeneland September yearling sale on Monday evening.
    The 1992 Horse of the Year and Racing Hall of Fame member, who was pensioned in 2011, is represented by 15 cataloged yearlings in the Keeneland September catalog. Eight of those sold went through the ring during Monday's select session with six selling for a combined $3.6-million, an average of $600,000.
    Leading the way was A.P. Sonata, consigned by Mill Ridge Sales, agent, out of the graded stakes winning Carson City mare Moonlight Sonata.
    "It's very special," Mandy Pope of Whisper Hill said of landing a horse from the sire's final crop.
    http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/sales-news/2012/09/10/filly-from-final-crop-of-ap-indy-brings-1-1-million.aspx
  • Thoroughbred Times‏ tweet on A. P Indy filly
    Hip 712, filly from final crop of A.P. Indy and first foal o/o G1 winner Dream Empress, hammered down at 335K
  • I thought she was really pretty.
  • I missed her T.T
  • Hmm.....She is Hip 712
  • Keeneland Assn‏ tweet to AP Indy. Yes, he has a Twitter account!
    @TheAPIndy Your little ones are doing well!
    You had 7 go thru #keesept at an avg of $562,143 for a gross of $3,935,000
  • Another interesting A. P. Indy tweet
    Less than 48 hours until A.P. Indian debuts.
    Here is a superstar! @DerbyContenders
  • AP Indian has been working out at Delaware Park. Don't have race info yet.
    Here is more info on Indian
    A. P. Indian (KY) B , C, foaled May 6, 2010
    ( Indian Charlie - Ender's Sister, by A.P. Indy)
    Connections as of last Start:
    Jockey: Alex Cintron
    Trainer: Anthony W. Dutrow
    Owner: Green Lantern Stables LLC
    Breeder: Green Lantern Stables, LLC
  • My first post. Have been a reader since the early diary days, but, being reticent about speaking to crowds, never posted (world-wide web is a big crowd). I would feel selfish in not sharing the Lane's End 10-4 tour with you. Meeting all these marvelous equine heros up close and persona was my best experience in 6 decades of being a thoroughbred fan. Those of you who have had this thrill, bear with me, for those who have not.......it was surreal. Curlin was majestic, and every inch a gentleman. Indy was just too good to be true, starting to look older, but still quite active in his paddock(per the tour leader). We met all the stallions on their roster, including the great Kingmambo, and the newly arrived Union Rags and The Factor. For those of you that love the "grays," The Factor is absolutely stunning. Beautiful face. Side note: Rock Hard Ten is a big horse, imposing figure, impressively dynamic. Even though this tour was a "bucket list" item, I would love to go back. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
  • I would like to visit A.P. Indy someday, since I know his time is running out =( That's what sucks about being younger, you don't have the time or your parent's permission, or are too young all together to have lived in the time of or to see the "greats"
  • RR12, don't despair, sometimes the best is yet to come. My dad told me about the greats of his time: Babe Ruth, Joe Louis, Man-O-War......boy, did I rue missing those athletes because i was a child when The Babe and Big Red died......but look at what came after!! Citation, Secretariat, Slew, and Affirmed/Alydar, Mickey Mantle, Hank Aaron........Hope exists in the future......and, there is always Hope (which keeps Cubs' fans, Cubs fans). As far as you been too young, hang on, you are going to get older....