A.P. Indy

Comments

• edited October 2012
    I love my dobie, Gibbs is my first one! And he's wonderful!
  • Gibbs sounds like a sweetie. Among Dobe people, red males have a reputation for being loving, gentle, and a little goofy. They're not stupid by any means, but not much fazes them. They have a nonchalant attitude toward life. My Spike was like that.
  • Gibbs is a lot like that....He's a big puppy! About a year old, he was taken from an abusive situation and sometimes he has these, what seem like anxiety attacks. But otherwise he's playful, happy, and silly. He really doesn't know how big he is so he has no idea where to put his legs! But he is extremely intelligent.
  • There was a discussion board started up a while back for anybody who wanted to talk about their pets...called Pet Issues, I think. Maybe we should use it for these wonderful discussions about our various pets?
  • That would be fine, after all...I don't think A.P. Indy likes Dobermans lol
  • Lane's End Farm on Facebook
    ‎1-2 in Ladies' Classic as Royal Delta, whose broodmare sire is A.P. Indy, is just stunning with her wire-to-wire win
    while Smart Strike's champion, My Miss Aurelia, gets the second spot.
    Well done ladies!
    And, Mineshaft's Hightail, winner of the Juv. Sprint.
  • WinStarFarm tweeted
    Our new Stallion Facilities are set to open in 2013.
    Watch this short video and see exclusive photos
    http://www.winstarfarm.com/new-stallion-barn.html
    Keta Note: Take Charge Indy will be here
  • I noticed that on Truenicks....ANY son of A.P. Indy I tried with Zenyatta always resulted in an A++ rating.....Coincidence?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I just saw AP Indy last weekend. He was looking good! He also seemed to very interested in the small children who had come to see him.
  • Were you at the Open House? When I was there he was ignoring pretty much everyone and was half asleep. One of the grooms mentioned that the horses were expecting to be fed and then be turned out, and they (horses and people) were an hour behind schedule because of the time change.
  • Were you at the Open House? When I was there he was ignoring pretty much everyone and was half asleep. One of the grooms mentioned that the horses were expecting to be fed and then be turned out, and they (horses and people) were an hour behind schedule because of the time change.
    Aww poor horses =)
  • JenniftJennift Member
    edited November 2012
    Yes, I was at the Open House. He was ignoring everyone when I first got there, but then he came to the front of his stall. He seemed particularly interested in the two little boys who were standing right in front of his stall (one of them was my son). Mineshaft, as far as I could tell, was totally ignoring everyone. The Factor pretty much slept through the whole thing. And we got to see Union Rags try to take a chunk out of one of the worker's arms.
  • next time wear Ah La Mare perfume, boys need to wake up they got company lol
  • I love those horses that try to take a chunk out of people's arms!
  • Yes, I was at the Open House. He was ignoring everyone when I first got there, but then he came to the front of his stall. He seemed particularly interested in the two little boys who were standing right in front of his stall (one of them was my son). Mineshaft, as far as I could tell, was totally ignoring everyone. The Factor pretty much slept through the whole thing. And we got to see Union Rags try to take a chunk out of one of the worker's arms.
    He reminds me so much of his grandsire in that respect....Secretariat always had a thing for children, it's comforting to see that he still lives on in his grandson. And did Union Rags succeed? LOL.
  • The grooms near UR's stall were very careful to tell people not to get their fingers near him. They were less fussy about some of the other horses. UR is still coming down from track life, I gathered. Or who knows--he may always be a bit touchy. Curlin was a bit agitated, but I think he was hungry.

Quality Road is so pretty. He has a lovely face. He is across the aisle from Union Rags.
  • So happy for you getting to share the experience of meeting the Lanes End boys. I must agree with you about Union Rags. When I was there on the October 4th tour, he was pretending to ignore us,at the same time, giving us "evil eye". By his body posture I was happy those bars were between us--I'll just admire you from a safe distance, thank you"The Factor was up front wanting people to pet, scratch, tickle his ears and face.....he would turn around in the stall, and come right back for more....couldn't get enough affection. Did anyone notice, up in the end stall, the soft, babyface of Englich Channel.....adorable freckles on his muzzle? I wanted to let me sit in my lap (he is a small horse) and pet him. Speaking of adoable, Lanes End facebook has a new portrait of The Factor that will certainly give you the smile of the week.
  • lauraJ, I know will sound petty but for some reason I cannot forget Quality Road's antics during the 09 BC or 10. In my mind he was a huge factor in Zenny's one loss when he almost stopped on the track causing her to slow momentum and regain her stride at a critical time in that race. I think he just didn't have the gas for such a long distance. That said, he is a nice looking horse and I'm glad you got to see him and other stallions.
  • I feel kind of bad for Union Rags.....IT seems like he REALLY wants to run. And he should, at his age he should be on the track, not in the breeding shed.
  • owners didnt want to risk him. he had injured a tendon, yes it could of been repaired with time but the horse would be gone for so long they werent sure if he would make it back to be the same horse. he was still growing, still maturing. its a shame but, its all in good welfare of the horse when it comes to his owners. im sure his owner was very upset about him retiring.
  • It's not good for the welfare of the species as a whole. If we keep sending unsound horses off to stud within time there won't be any horses making it into their 3rd year of racing.
  • It was funny. For a little bit, Union Rags was laying down in his stall looking very happy and content. And then, the next minute he was quite agitated.

For me, City Zip is the cutest horse at Lane's End. But English Channel is very cute too.
  • A.P. Indy is a personal favorite of mine. I have great respect for him and absolutely adore him. Another personal favorite of mine is one of his granddaughters, Royal Delta. She really reminds me of A.P. Indy in the way she runs. Royal Delta is the subject of my latest blog post, in which A.P. Indy is also discussed: http://pastthegrandstand.blogspot.com/2012/11/royal-delta-super-horse.html
  • A.P. Indy IS my most favorite stallion. He's one of the last greats left in this world.