A.P. Indy

Comments

• I think Honor code likes the mud. You could have gone bass fishing in that track.
  • that was impressive..the announcer had him as an afterthought all the way thru..havent hada chance to look but im guessing hes an AP indy since this is in this thread?..would be his last i believe
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    hi kurt.....HC is a 2 yr old.....by APIndy....his race was unbelieveable....a cross between "bo-rail" and "Silky Sullivan"....track was so sloppy Lovehorses is right...could have gone fishing in it
  • Honor Code is trained by Shug McGaughey and was bred and raised at Lane's End (which means they will keep close tabs on him, they keep tabs on all of their big name stallion's foals). being trained by Shug McGaughey i feel that this horse will be well taken care of, hes only 2 and Shug will go easy on him but will let him race if he feels like hes a good enough horse. i think the Champaign stakes will be a good spot for him BUT i want to see him race more to see exactly how good this horse can be or is. Union Rags (who won the Champagne) went from maiden winner to stakes winner. but he didnt go into the Champagne right away, he went into the Saratoga Special stakes after his maiden win a month later. the Champagne is in october, so if this horse is planning on going to the champagne after this win, hes not being rushed lol. thing is, when a 2 yr old runs a race that big u worry about them injuring themselves (coming up injured after the race). that horse had to really fly in the slop to win that big and being only 2 we all know his bones are still developing. i trust in Shug's judgements, maybe he will race in between now and then to keep his form. i would think so.
  • I'm so glad he is being trained by Shug! I think he is an awesome trainer.
  • Yeah, Shug is a great trainer. Am looking forward to keeping track of this colt.
  • Everyone! New photo of A.P. Indy! He's still unbelievably breathtaking to this day! All I can say is WOW!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=573462542702612&set=a.178631435519060.40227.130389357009935&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf
  • OMG..he looks even BETTER than he did last year at this time. He is just "something else." Still The Man.
  • Can't wait to find out if I can see him. It will be like visiting a Rock Star.
  • What magnificence! Who do you suppose they mean by "....doing the Queen's Dance"?

The legendary A.P. INDY doing the "Queen's Dance" yesterday during a photo shoot with the great photographer Barbara Livingston. His long time groom, Asa Haley, knows the moves well. Best pix ever!!!!
  • He's really something else. Just beautiful to see. I wish I could have seen him when he was young, but the HRTV special segment they did on him was excellent!
  • I assumed they were saying he was doing the Zenyatta dance. He is looking unbelievably gorgeous. Too bad he and Zenyatta can't get together. I imagine that foal would be amazing, but his sons are great too. Zenyatta's babies have the most awesome pedigrees!
  • RUFFIAN- if you can get into lanes end, you can see him. last two times ive gone there for the open houses, indy is in his stall in the main barn. they wont bring him out but you can see him in his stall up close
  • Thank you Kurt! If you don't mind, could we speak in a private message about how one goes about getting into Lane's End? My father and I have never done it before and some tips would be mighty appreciated.
  • Indy is lifting his front leg up like zenyatta did during her post parades and in the paddock. Zenyatta still does her "dances" in retirement at Lanes End ^.^ i cant wait to see those photos, perhaps Barbara Livingston will have an article for us on AP Indy with lots of photos on Daily Racing Form, i love her articles.
  • Love the pic. And he has his head down the same way he raced. No question he is unique and stunning.
  • Love how he has his neck arched. So beautiful. You can see his power. Ruffian, you're so lucky to be going to see him.
  • Louise, I think I read somewhere that Indy is retired from breeding. He's pretty old, even though he's pretty gorgeous. Too bad - him and Zenny would be a good match-up, I'm thinking.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited September 2013
    AP Indy is only 24, my age ^.^ hes a Ridgling (only one testicle was fully dropped while the other stayed inside, he was either left this way or had the surgery to remove the testicle inside. This is common, some horses are gelded altogether, some are not.) If you ask me, i think AP Indy made the most of his situation LOL but that is why he was retired at age 24 from stallion duty, his fertility declined.
  • Indy had surgery to remove the undropped testicle fairly early in his racing career. It was considered risky surgery. But he recovered very well and raced afterwards. He was retired fairly early also (my opinion) but considering his value, understandable. He's produced extremely well with the help of some wonderful mares who were brought to him. What a lovely legacy he has started!
  • New York-Bred Artemis Agrotera Rules Frizette
    By Jack Shinar The Blood-Horse Updated: Saturday, October 5, 2013 6:58 PM
    Artemis Agrotera proved her smashing debut maiden win over New York-breds at Saratoga Race Course was no fluke when she captured the $500,000 Frizette Stakes
    (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies Oct. 5 at Belmont Park (VIDEO).
    Chester and Mary Broman's homebred daughter of Roman Ruler out of the A.P. Indy mare Indy Glory was ridden to victory by Jose Lezcano for trainer Michael Hushion.
    Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/81121/new-york-bred-artemis-agrotera-rules-frizette#ixzz2gtyoglvv

• Tom Hall ‏@lordatwar tweet Sunday Dec. 1 2013
    Big day for A.P. Indy in GSW department.
    He sired 153rd SW (Honor Code); sons Flatter & Full Mandate & grandson Tapit
    all w/ GSWs
  • RRuffifan---
    I'm not sure when you plan to visit, but in a effort to be of some help, here's info about Lane's End...Also, when I visited this past October 2013, the DID bring him out for about twenty minutes and allow all the fans to touch him. The open houses are wonderful, especially for marathon visits......The visits on Thursdays give you more time, and they bring him out.
    From Lane's End
    "We try to accommodate tours of our stallion complex based around our work schedule and the horses’ routine. Generally tours are offered on Thursdays at 10 a.m. by appointment only during our off season. No tours are available during the breeding season, which runs from February to the end of June, or while the Keeneland and Fasig-Tipton sales are taking place. Please contact Daniele Hunter at (859) 873-7300 to schedule an appointment for a tour."
    Link:
    http://www.lanesend.com/visitors.html

Just trying to help.....Kurt, we'll be there this year for open house, if you plan on being there, we would love to meet you.
  • Also, I uploaded raw video of him, from out visit this past October 2013 to Sarbonne's Page...It's public, and it allows me to share without using my personal FB page, and I hope helps preserve it for sentimental reasons in case I lose it. I'm not the lady in the video, I had the camera. She is not part of my group, but happy I captured her moment...
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=553915924662237&set=vb.379310605456104&type=3&theater
  • Thanks for posting this. Is his right rear hoof normal? It looks as if it is split vertically.