Union Rags

Comments

• Susanhesselgesser, Your post also reminds me of what happened between The Jackson's who owned Barbaro and brothers and Michael Matz. I know it's not my business, but do you know why they quit using him for Barbaro's brothers? Just curious. I love the Jacksons and Michael Matz. Mr. Matz is such a class act!
  • You know ,I must confess..I did follow Barbaro..but as I have gotten better with the computer I have discovered how to get more information.So I can't give you any more information on your question but the two situations are so different. I can certainly see how emotions could run high in the case of Barbaro,right or wrong. Zenyatta was the next horse that I discovered and followed ..then Union Rags. I realized that his trainer was the captain of the Olympic equestrian team that I had watched years ago. I have read that his reputation is unquestionable. I am just figuring out how all this horseracing business works.
  • Louise, just found an article in Bloodhorse,Aug 18th. I googled "Jacksons and Michael Matz part ways." Sorry, I haven't yet learned how to copy and paste...next thing to learn
  • susanhesselgesser, Thank you for this! Don't worry about not posting links, I can't do it either. Copy and paste is beyond me at the moment, maybe someday. And I'm still figuring out the horseracing business, too! We'll learn hopefully.
  • May I say this to you? I am not sure many would understand but.. I have been checking on him daily for so long. His gorgeous photo of John sponging him down after the Belmont [ which I think is so tender ] is my screen saver. It took me two weeks to find a person to place a win bet on him for the Belmont [ no betting in Missouri ]. He was with me everyday and I just feel as though someone just pulled the plug.Do you suppose the Union Rags team know what a fan base they have? I can tell you that I know how Michael Matz feels. How can I replace him on my screen saver without feeling as though I have deserted him?
  • susanhesselgesser, Thank you for this! Don't worry about not posting links, I can't do it either. Copy and paste is beyond me at the moment, maybe someday. And I'm still figuring out the horseracing business, too! We'll learn hopefully.
    To post a link, click on the URL at the top of the page. That's the thing that says "http://www. (etc)." All you have to do is click somewhere in the box. The entire URL will be highlighted even if you can't see the whole thing. Copy (I use CTRL+C as a shortcut), then put your cursor in the location where you want the link to go, and PASTE (CTRL+V is the keyboard shortcut).

Try it. You can't hurt anything if you do it wrong. :-)
  • Thank you lauraj so much. It sounds easy enough. I will try! You guys are so great!
  • susan, oops I forgot to say I know how you feel about changing your screen saver! If it were me, I would feel the same way. You can eventually change it or alternate with another one occasionally! That's what I would do! My sweet dog is my screen saver and I'm scared if I change it, it will be bad luck. So strange, I know, but can't help myself!
  • KetaKeta Member
    susanhesselgesser, Thank you for this! Don't worry about not posting links, I can't do it either. Copy and paste is beyond me at the moment, maybe someday. And I'm still figuring out the horseracing business, too! We'll learn hopefully.
    Hi,
    Here is some help on the Copy & Paste of links.
    At the top of the page is the Address bar, it is the one with the http & other stuff.
    Move the cursor (arrow) to that area and Left Click on the mouse.
    The area should light up.
    Then Right Click on the mouse--words should appear like Cut Copy Paste
    Go down to the word Copy and click
    Then go to the area where you want this to appear
    Place your cursor on that area and Click on the word Paste.
    The link should be pasted.
    FYI-it will not look like a hyperlink (be highlighted to use) until you Post Comment.
    Give it a try
    Keta
  • http://www.zenyatta.com/ I am working on it. Thanks. My question is how do I get to the area on which I want to paste..such as an email message? If I move from thw website that I have copied I lose it. That is why you see the website that you are already on. I am half way there.
  • Me too, I don't get linking from different sites to this one, for example.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Hi,
    I am writing in the Comment area.
    Now I am going to the top of the page & will do a Copy & Paste of the link
    http://www.zenyatta.com/discussions#/discussion/193/union-rags
    And, there it is.
    If I want to go to another page outside the Z site, I can stay on this page
    and go to the top area next to the address bar where it says Zenyatta-Forum and click on the next tab.
    That will leave Zenyatta open and let me go to another site on the internet.
    Once that site is open, I can Copy & Paste that link.
    Quite often, I will have 3 or 4 tabs open at the same time to different web sites.
    Know that I am using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
    So, if you are using an Apple, it may be slightly different.
    Keta
  • Keta, YAY!!! I think I did it! You are so awesome and I'm so excited! Thank you and susan so much. To everybody else, the above link was just me learning to post links. Fun stuff!
  • KetaKeta Member
    Keta, YAY!!! I think I did it! You are so awesome and I'm so excited! Thank you and susan so much. To everybody else, the above link was just me learning to post links. Fun stuff!
    Louise,
    Good job! Just needed a little how to.
    Keta

• KetaKeta Member
    edited August 2012
    Louise,
    You may already know this. If not, it is good to know.
    When you want to go to a highlighted link in a Comment but do not want to leave the
    Zenyatta site-Right Click with the mouse and go to Open in a New Tab.
    That will let you read what is in the link and even Copy and Paste something in it without closing/leaving the Zenyatta site.
    You can try it with the Hansen article you posted.
    Hope this helps.
    Keta
  • Keta, Okay, I got this one pretty easily! I'm so proud of myself, but you gave really good instructions, sort of leading me along which I needed! Normally, I probably wouldn't have tried this stuff because for some reason a lot of computer things just seem beyond me, but you made it really easy for me. You're a great teacher! Thanks so much!
  • KetaKeta Member
    Louise,
    Glad to help. You are welcome
    Hugs, Keta
  • KetaKeta Member
    http://www.zenyatta.com/ I am working on it. Thanks. My question is how do I get to the area on which I want to paste..such as an email message? If I move from thw website that I have copied I lose it. That is why you see the website that you are already on. I am half way there.
    Susan,
    This is similar to what I have been sharing with Louise.
    It isn't always easy keeping copied info as you move between sites.
    What I do to keep it simple is to use WordPad.
    I keep a shortcut to WordPad in the toolbar at the bottom.
    When I find something I want to share, I Copy it and then Paste it in WordPad.
    You can do this to Copy text or links
    Then I minimize the WordPad page, using the minus sign - at the Top
    The info on WordPad rests in the toolbar area to be used.
    I can go to my e-mails, set up the To and write a message,
    click on WordPad in the toolbar, Copy what is on it and Paste in my e-mail
    You can do this same thing on Facebook etc.
    If the info on WordPad is something I want to save, I can.
    If not, when I close, it will say "Save" "Don't Save" or "Cancel"
    I can make a choice.
    Hope this helps.
    Keta
  • Hey all! I just read a little news on our boy from someone who was at Fair Hill last week . He is still in Michael's barn and looks like a million bucks. Looks like a four year old already . There is no stud deal yet and there is talk of him racing next year. Crazy.
  • Hope that's not just a rumor. Would love to see him come back even if it takes all year
  • Union Rags will officially stand stud at Lane's End!!!
  • KetaKeta Member
    The Blood-Horse Tweet:
    ALERT: Union Rags to Stand at Lane's End

http://www.bloodhorse.com/​horse-racing/articles/72112/​union-rags-to-stand-at-lanes-en​d
  • He's gunna love it there
  • Really hope we don't make a lot of Thoroughbreds that are "weak in the knees" so to speak.