The Shack is Back

mucker4evamucker4eva Member
Congrads big guy.
I am so happy for him. Good run.

Comments

• I always pull for Shackleford. So happy he won. As well as a great horse, he is such a beauty.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    NBC just referred to him as "the iron horse"....great race both Shack and Zombie did wonderful....had me hollaring at the TV....really did not know who to hollar for...really like them both
  • Wasn't he great?! It was really a tremendous race between two of the best one-turn horses in the nation, Shackleford and Amazombie. Go Shack Attack!
  • NBC just referred to him as "the iron horse"....great race both Shack and Zombie did wonderful....had me hollaring at the TV....really did not know who to hollar for...really like them both
    OMG!!! I could hear you!!!!!
    Wasn't he great?! It was really a tremendous race between two of the best one-turn horses in the nation, Shackleford and Amazombie. Go Shack Attack!
    Now that's what it is about!!!!
    Beautiful race,beautiful.

• MKernMKern Member
    I am glad he won! Great job Shackleford. No bad for second Amazombie!
  • It was heartwarming to see this hard-trying, hard-knocking horse make it to the winner's circle. It is truly amazing that he put together a campaign last year and this that would take most horses 2-3 years to accomplish. Only one "throw-out" race in the bunch, and all those Grade 1 places is truly remarkable! He races against other quality horses, he doesn't look for "easy" spots, he just shows up and brings his "A" game! Love it that Dale Romans speaks of him in such affectionate terms, "he's the big horse in the barn", and how much they appreciate his effort. He always "shows up", he always tries, and with but one exception that I know of, he has finished in the top two or three spots every time. Well done, Shack!
  • RachelRachel Member
    I read that hell be retired after this year. i read the article about that a few months ago. im hoping that with this win his trainer and owner think otherwise
  • Wonderful to see Shack win again! He is just such a beautiful and talented guy. For his fans who haven't researched his name, check out Shackleford Island. Its one of those magical places still left here where the wild ponies still exist (off the east coast; carolinas maybe?). Fun to read.
  • shirleeshirlee Member
    Great for Shakleford win a big one and great for the down to earth Louisville trainer, Dale Romans. I remember his father training at Churchill. Always like to see the local boys do well.
  • Wonderful to see Shack win again! He is just such a beautiful and talented guy. For his fans who haven't researched his name, check out Shackleford Island. Its one of those magical places still left here where the wild ponies still exist (off the east coast; carolinas maybe?). Fun to read.
    http://www.shacklefordhorses.org/

• Jenon66Jenon66 Member
    I followed Shackelford all of last year and no one in my group listened to me when I said he was going to win the Preakness. He always gives everything he's got and it was great to see him win again on Saturday! I had also read he was retiring after this year. We can only hope the owners change their mind!
  • shirleeshirlee Member
    Shackleford is running on the 28th at Belmont in the Metropolitan Handicap for $750,000. Safe trip big boy!
  • Gorgeous Shackleford schooling in the Belmont Park paddock today:

• Thanks for sharing that Dutch. Holy Moly! How many hands is he?

Working on Sunday! HA!! Mr. Handsome.

Get er Done baby!!!!!!
  • Shackleford wins the the Metroplitan Handicap by a nose.
  • MKernMKern Member
    That was a great race with Caleb's Posse. Oh! yes Shack is back!
  • Shackleford and Caleb's Posse put on a great show today. One of the best Met miles in years. No one lost this race Shackleford just won it!
  • Furlong for POWERFUL furlong......it's the great Shackleford!!!!......race announcer, love it.
    Great job handsome.
  • Jenon66Jenon66 Member
    It was an awesome race! Shack has a huge heart!
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited May 2012
    Metropolitan H. (gr. 1)
    BELMONT PARK, Elmont, NY
    Purse: $750,000
    Date: May 28, 2012
    Class: Grade 1
    TV: HRTV/TVG
    Race: 10
    Distance: One Mile
    Shackleford by a nose
    Link below has Race Replay
    Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/USA/BEL/2012/5/28/10/metropolitan-h-gr-1#ixzz1wIXYM2lq
  • Gotta love this horse....he's all heart! I'm so proud of and for him...
  • http://www.drf.com/blogs/shack-attack-and-more-met-mile-day

Incredible photos.
    Check out Shack looking at Posse at the finish line...he was watching and running.
    These photos will take your breath away.
    Gotta love this horse....he's all heart! I'm so proud of and for him...
  • Jenon66Jenon66 Member
    Thank you for attaching the link to the photos from the Met Mile!
  • Wow!
    That photo of Shack looking back with his ears pinned; "I have you now!:

(If you get the reference, I love you :) )
  • Wow!
    That photo of Shack looking back with his ears pinned; "I have you now!:

(If you get the reference, I love you :) )
    A picture is worth a thousands words!!!!!!