Zenyatta Charity Auctions, Memorabilia, and Merchandise

macleodmdmacleodmd Member
edited May 2012 in Zenyatta
First, let me say y'all are the greatest. Thank you for sharing so much about our Zenyatta and Baby Z12!!!!

I know from time to time things associated with Zenyatta are generously donated to various nonprofits for fundraisers. Would it be possible for you to let us know when such items become available? I would love the opportunity to bid on these things. Honestly, what I would really like to bid on is a visit with Zenyatta. Perhaps a special area within the store or the forum could be set aside for such activity. I could understand limits on this area. Perhaps it should be dedicated only to nonprofits.

Anyway, just an idea.

Thank you again. Take care,
Mary in Boone

Comments

• kyleakylea Administrator
    Hi Mary! The forum is a great place for such announcements. Why don't we use this thread? Any time anyone (including Team Z) knows of something Z-related up for auction, it can be shared here. I'm going to change the title of this post to make it more descriptive.
  • Hi Kylea!
    Thank you so much! I think announcing them here might raise more money for the charities!!!!!
  • Mary keep an eye on Bloodhorse, DRF and eBay. Of course here too.

A visit with Z--I think the last time it cost about 6 thousand dollars. Just letting you know so you can save your pennies!
  • Hi all; I think this is a fabulous idea!!
  • Oh, I hope they raise lots of $$$.
  • kyleakylea Administrator
    Get out your wallets! A Zenyatta halter and shoe are being auctioned Saturday August 4 at KHP to benefit charity (see story). Proxies are available for those unable to attend. There are also items from Cigar, AP Indy, and GIant's Causeway. There is other stuff as well.

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2012/07/27/zenyatta-halter-horseshoe-among-hats-off-auction-items.aspx
    Merging this thread...
  • kurtkurt Member
    anyone know how much the halters went for?..wish i coulda bid on the ap indy halter
    ive got a spectacular bid halter that i took directly off his head in 1999..prized possession