Bodemeister

AmandaFAmandaF Member
They have a website for him. www.gobodego.com
Here is a video they put together. A Derby Tale. Zayat mentions Zenny and there are interviews with Mike.
http://www.zayatstables.com/gobodego.html

Comments

• sydsyd Member
    Interesting video...Mike being cut off in interview (...you should be disappointed...)
  • myrnamyrna Member
    I was really behind this colt. First because he was never raced as a two year-old and second because his sire (who I LOVE) is now in Japan and in my opinion should never have been sold to the Japanese. And this is simply because I think the further these horses leave our shores, the harder it gets to keep track of them. And we need to keep track of them and make sure they are never in danger of going to the slaughterhouse.
  • AmandaFAmandaF Member
    "Though it was only a jog, Kentucky Derby runner-up Bodemeister apparently made quite the impression on his first day back to the track Wednesday at Churchill Downs, enough to think that he is well on his way to making a start in the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico on May 19."
    http://www.drf.com/news/2012-preakness-bodemeister-looks-sharp-mile-jog
  • Bode ran a hell of a race and was very impressive. The Preakness distance will not be a problem for him, although on his Dam's side he is bred to run longer. The fractions just took too much out of him for the last eight of a mile. He's a gamer
  • RachelRachel Member
    Maybe slow him down a bit? he wasnt tiring didnt show signs he was. would be funny for bode to get the preakness and then ill have another to get the belmont. flip flop triple crown. but only a fantasy :/
  • http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1204/kentucky-derby-138th/content.3.html

Wow, what a great photo.
    Prove us wrong Bode, but can you handle the grit?
    What a comparison shot.
  • Sorry guys: BODEMEISTER is OVERRATED!

He will be the Preakness favorite, but he is no super horse. His finish was just awful. Looking elsewhere
  • RachelRachel Member
    http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-racing-steve-haskin/TCSlewSH.jpg

looks like Ill Have Another has something incommon with Seatle Slew ;)
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited May 2012
    Triple Crown Insider tweeted on Monday May 14
    Bodemeister looked great this morning at Churchill. Bob Baffert and #ZayatStables very happy! On to #Preakness

See more info on Bode & contenders under Discussion titled: Preakness 2012
  • http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1204/kentucky-derby-138th/content.3.html

Wow, what a great photo.
    Prove us wrong Bode, but can you handle the grit?
    What a comparison shot.
    This photo is quite remarkable in a certain way. It shows both horses with all four feet in the air. Can't you just imagine the carousel poles above and beneath them? They look like they're on a merry-go-round. Funny
  • This is a frightening photo for anyone hoping Another will take the Belmont. Dullahan was RIGHT there at the end of the Derby.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1204/kentucky-derby-138th/content.8.html
  • This is a frightening photo for anyone hoping Another will take the Belmont. Dullahan was RIGHT there at the end of the Derby.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1204/kentucky-derby-138th/content.8.html
    Love those SI photos
    They tell the race and show what could come.
    Yep, he was right there and charging.
    Oh, I don't think I can wait. I'll have to have another and another and another on Belmont day just to be able to watch the race!!!!!!
    Hubs thought he was going to have to call 911 Preak day, HA. My daughter and I were screaming and jumping so much.She's my partner in the horse world and can read em like a book. Love it!!! Watch out world.
    Oh Lord help me!!!!!!! Anticipation rages!!

• RachelRachel Member
    Belmont is a longer race. they dont call it the test of the champion for nothing. thats why o neill has ill have another already there at belmont. once again IHA looks and acts as if he never raced. hes eating up well licking his feed tub afterwards too lol. he still has alot of energy. hell walk the shed row first and then later this week go out to the track. his trainer said he wants IHA to get used to the track and environment and wont change any training ways. keep things consistant. very smart moves again
  • RuZenRARuZenRA Member
    IHA is a champion racehorse and i think that he could def win this.
  • candicandi Member
    I think he is the one the tripple crown this year, he had a big stamina,hope so his get it always in a safety side careful.
  • I hope IHA can do it. I'm surprised they're running Bodemeister in the race, to tell the truth. You can't rate him. And running a race wire to wire is a hard way to win, if not impossible. I want IHA because I like the horse a lot, and because we haven't had a Triple Crown winner since Affirmed. But there will be some fresh legs in the race. Dullahan for one, and I think Creative Cause has a good shot. But I really like IHA. He has courage and heart, and he's shown it on two occasions for sure. So I'll be hoping and rooting for him. His jockey is great. What a team those two are. Come home safe, all of them.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Bodemeister isnt going to be in the belmont. neither is creative cause, he'll be trying turf in his next race. ill have another will be going against dullahan and union rags with some other horses i havent heard of
  • Myrna no horse leaves this country any longer without the "Ferdinand Clause". There is awareness now because of Ferdinand of what happens. It is hard to follow the horse but folks like Michael Blowen (Old Friends) have huge networks that specialize in this. That's not to say that a horse won't somehow end up in a bad place but hopefully this clause will stop most farms from doing this.
    I was really behind this colt. First because he was never raced as a two year-old and second because his sire (who I LOVE) is now in Japan and in my opinion should never have been sold to the Japanese. And this is simply because I think the further these horses leave our shores, the harder it gets to keep track of them. And we need to keep track of them and make sure they are never in danger of going to the slaughterhouse.
  • KetaKeta Member
    This has been tweeted by several people:
    Sounds like Union Rags is coming to the Haskell for a showdown with Bodemeister.
    Matz all but committed.
    Should be great race.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Bodemeister to Stand at WinStar When Retired
    by Blood-Horse Staff
    Date Posted: 6/28/2012 3:28:28 PM
    Zayat Stables' leading 3-year-old Bodemeister, this year's brilliant winner of the Arkansas Derby (gr. I) and a narrow runner-up in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), will stand stud at WinStar Farm at the conclusion of his racing career, the Lexington operation announced June 28.
    A partnership was formed between WinStar and the colt's owners, Ahmed Zayat and Michel and Tiffany Moreno, who will continue to race the colt.
    "Bodemeister is brilliant by design," said WinStar Farm president Elliott Walden in a statement. "The raw speed he shows, combined with his freakish numbers, makes him the best stallion prospect on the market. I can't remember the last time a 3-year-old colt ran three straight triple-digit Beyers around two turns before the Kentucky Derby like he did. And he's by leading sire Empire Maker, out of a million-dollar Storm Cat mare. He is truly brilliant by design.
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/70889/bodemeister-to-stand-at-winstar-when-retired/print
  • Glad he staying in the USA.
  • Kudos to Mr. Zayat and family for keeping Bodie here.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Paula1Paula1 Member
    ITA with all those who think horses should be kept here. There isn't any amt. of money that would make me decide to send a horse overseas. Jerry and Ann Moss are role models for every owner out there. Yes, Kudos to Mr. Zayat as well.
  • ITA with all those who think horses should be kept here. There isn't any amt. of money that would make me decide to send a horse overseas. Jerry and Ann Moss are role models for every owner out there. Yes, Kudos to Mr. Zayat as well.
    Paula, you do know that Cozi Rosie was bought last November at the Keeneland sales by Shadai Stud in Japan, right? Not that Jerry and Ann Moss deliberately meant to send her overseas, but the possibility certainly was there. And I certainly don't hold them accountable for it, they can't keep every single one of their horses.

As for kudos to Ahmed Zayat, he's obviously got a talented young stallion prospect that is certainly going to be a hot commodity in Kentucky and Winstar clearly wanted him very very much. But I hardly think he's doing it solely for the benefit of the horse. He's making a business decision, same as Paul Reddam did, they're both looking out for their best financial interests. Can't laud one guy though and rake the other one over the coals.