Teresa Genaro Brooklyn Backstretch tweeted
Know what's unbelievably awesome?
@nyranews has online charts of every Belmont Stakes, every one, back to 1867
http://www.nyra.com/Belmont/​mediaguide/​12MG_BelmontStakes_Charts.pdf

Comments

• KetaKeta Member
    Dullahan Will Skip Preakness; Belmont Next
    By Steve Haskin, @SteveHaskin The Blood-Horse
    Donegal Racing’s Dullahan, a fast-closing third in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), will not run in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) and will be pointed for the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), trainer Dale Romans confirmed May 11.
    “Jerry Crawford (head of Donegal) texted me last night that he wasn’t running, but I didn’t get the text until this morning,” Romans said.

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/69674/dullahan-will-skip-preakness-belmont-next#ixzz1ucKVGwvj

• KetaKeta Member
    Gemologist Injured; To Miss Belmont Stakes
    By Steve Haskin, The Blood-Horse
    WinStar Farm’s Gemologist, who finished 16th in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) as the 8-1 third choice, came out of the race with a foot bruise and will miss the June 9 Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
    “After the race he was fine,” trainer Todd Pletcher said. “We sent him to WinStar as planned to give him a week off and then prepare for the Belmont (gr. I). But then he came up lame in his left front and diagnostics revealed a foot bruise. He’s making good progress and is 50% better today than he was yesterday."
    Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/69686/gemologist-injured-to-miss-belmont-stakes#ixzz1ucL42y00

• KetaKeta Member
    Alpha Under Consideration for Belmont Stakes
    Updated: Friday, May 11, 2012 7:16 PM
    Godolphin Racing’s Alpha, 12th in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), returned to the track at Belmont Park May 11 and is under consideration for the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), said Art Magnuson, assistant to trainer Kiaran McLaughlin.
    “He’s sound, he’s happy, no problems--he came out of the Derby great,” Magnuson of the Bernardini colt. “There’s no pressure or anything. If he’s fine and doing well, we’d look at the Belmont. It’s something Simon Crisford (Godolphin racing manager) has mentioned. It’s definitely a possibility.”
    Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/69683/alpha-under-consideration-for-belmont-stakes#ixzz1ucLXVRCn
  • RachelRachel Member
    A show of hands, whose gunna be watching the thundah from down undah tonight (black caviar,2:30am eastern time). i am ^.^/
  • tinamritinamri Member
    edited May 2012
    Hanson is not going to run in the Belmont Stakes he is going to run in the Woody Stephens Stakes.
  • Great Race All Jockey had to do was sit and let the horse run What a horse We will probably never see run in the states !!!!!!!!!!
  • tinamritinamri Member
    Hanson is not going to run in the Belmont Stakes he is going to run the Woody Stephens Stakes. Wrote that wrong the first time.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Belmont Stakes tweeted on Sunday May 20
    Current Belmont Stakes contenders:
    Alpha, Atigun, Dullahan, Five Sixteen, Guyana Star Dweej,
    I'll Have Another, Mark Valeski, Optimizer...
  • KetaKeta Member
    WHO’S IN THE WAY From: New York Daily News
    While those who ran in the Preakness see how their horses came out of the race, there are plenty of horses awaiting I’ll Have Another for the June 9 Belmont Stakes.
    According to the New York Racing Association, there are nine horses potentially looking at the Belmont: Alpha, Atigun, Dullahan, Five Sixteen, Guyana Star Dweej, Mark Valeski, Rousing Sermon, Street Life and Union Rags, who will probably get a jockey change after two troubled trips under Julien Leparoux, according to trainer Michael Matz.
    NYRA officials said in a statement following the Preakness: “We are thrilled to welcome the Derby and Preakness hero to New York for the Belmont Stakes on June 9. I’ll Have Another will attempt to make history as the first Triple Crown winner since Affirmed in 1978, and is the first Triple Crown hopeful to try the Belmont Stakes since Big Brown in 2008.”
    Keta Note: Bob Baffert talked about entering Paynter in the Belmont.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/kent-desormeaux-problems-continue-mount-saturday-preakness-article-1.1081484#ixzz1vRG0Z5yd
  • shirleeshirlee Member
    I sure hope AHA can do it. We need a TC so badly. The one that scares me, if he runs, based on his pedigree is Paynter. 2 BC Classic winners one in the sire line and one on the dam's side. Tiznow and Awesome again!! 1-1/2 miles should not be a problem for him.
  • KetaKeta Member

I'll Have Another arrived at Belmont to prepare for the third leg of the Triple Crown
    I'll Have Another, who on June 9 will attempt to become the 12th horse to sweep the Triple Crown when he competes in the $1 million Belmont Stakes, arrived in Barn 9 at Belmont Park at 2:53 p.m. (EDT) Sunday after vanning north from Pimlico Race Course in Maryland.
    "We got kind of held up for about an hour and a half," assistant trainer Jack Sisterson said. "I have no idea where we were, but besides that the horse was happy. He was just looking out the window the whole time. He and Lava Man were together, they were just chatting away the whole time.
    "We were at Pimlico almost two weeks and we shipped in a week before at Churchill, and now we're here for the three weeks. So far, so good. It's kind of working out for us, so we're not going to change that. I think the sooner he gets over the track and gets familiar with the surroundings...we'll walk him tomorrow (Monday) and then take it from there. One day at a time."
    Earlier in the day at Pimlico, O'Neill could hardly contain his excitement as he reported that I'll Have Another appears to have exited his hard-fought neck victory over Bodemeister in Saturday's Preakness Stakes in fine fettle.
    "Bring it on! We're ready to go. Super-pumped!" O'Neill enthused. "How he's doing is going to dictate how we're doing. This morning, he looks superb.
    "The fact he's still fresh and happy, to have done what he's done in the past few weeks and then show up the day after the Preakness and see him lick his feed tub, have good energy, and be cold-legged and sound, that gives me the confidence," O'Neill added. "Obviously there will be fresh horses; Union Rags and Dullahan come to mind. They're fresh-legged and ready to go but we're pumped our horse came out of this race in great shape. As long as he stays injury-free we've got a big, big chance."
    http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/editorial/article.cgi?id=28946
  • KetaKeta Member
    Photo Gallery of I'll Have Another
    I'll Have Another - Journey To Triple Crown Greatness
    Follow I'll Have Another's second-place finish in last year's Best Pal, to his run through four straight graded stakes win, including the first two legs of the Triple Crown.
    For six of I'll Have Another's seven races, the photographers of Eclipse Sportswire were there. Enjoy the chestnut colt's journey to the brink of Triple Crown greatness.
    http://eswmedia.zenfolio.com/p164757150
  • RachelRachel Member
    http://www.drf.com/news/belmont-2012-mark-valeski-doubtful-start-dywer-possibility

larry jones considering skipping the belmont with mark valeski
  • mucker4evamucker4eva Member
    edited May 2012
    Thank you Keta.
    Lovin the photos.
    This one esp.....http://eswmedia.zenfolio.com/p164757150/h38ed9504#hc698f00

He's saying.....where is my van,got to get to the next one. Come on Lava, time to go.

P.S. I know I am posting mucho today, but this tick bite disease is kicking my butt and I am being saved by you wonderful folks!!!!! Thank you.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Desormeaux to be replaced as Dullahan jockey for Belmont
    11:28 AM, May. 21, 2012
    Hall of Fame jockey Kent Desormeaux has lost his mount on Dullahan, owned by Iowa-based Donegal Racing, for the Belmont Stakes.
    Donegal president Jerry Crawford confirmed this morning that Desormeaux — a three-time Kentucky Derby winner — will be replaced by Javier Castellano for the third leg of the Triple Crown circuit on June 9 in New York.
    Desormeaux, who has battled alcohol problems, was sidelined Friday after failing a Breathalyzer test — and removed from Tiger Walk during last Saturday’s Preakness Stakes.
    “We have loved our association with Kent Desormeaux,” Crawford wrote to the Des Moines Register, via email, “and hope to use him again in the future.
    “We are confident that Kent will address his issues and be back at the track better than ever and we hope to ride him when that happens.”
    Desormeaux, 42, rode Dullahan to a third-place finish at the Kentucky Derby earlier this month. He won the Derby aboard Real Quiet (1998), Fusaichi Pegasus (2000) and Big Brown (2008).
    He failed a breathalyzer and was pulled from a mount in 2010, the same year he gave a drunken radio interview while on vacation.
    Desormeaux was arrested at Saratoga Race Course in New York last year, after allegedly trying to hit a security guard with his car. He was replaced the next day on Dullahan by Julien Leparoux, the last time someone other than Desormeaux rode the horse.
    During the week of this year’s Kentucky Derby, Desormeaux — a Louisiana native with more than 5,400 career victories — told the Des Moines Register he appreciated the support of Crawford and Dullahan trainer Dale Romans.
    “I’m very appreciative of his loyalty,” Desormeaux said then. “… I’m very proud to be part of that team.”
    Romans told the New York Daily News at the Preakness: “Last week, while up there (Belmont Park) he was going on about why I don’t put him on more horses. So I put him on a horse (Friday) that I thought was very live and he didn’t show up to ride it.”
    He added: “I am very concerned for him. He’s not a bad man and he’s one of the best riders in the country, but he’s definitely making some wrong, personal life decisions.”
    Romans told the Daily News that alcohol has impacted Desormeaux’s work at the track.
    “Yes, very much,” Romans said. “And I’ve told him this. You can tell, some days he’s really into it and other days his head is just not into the game.”
    Donegal, meanwhile, will turn to Castellano — the leading rider in North America — to guide Dullahan at the Belmont.
    Castellano is No. 1 in 2012, according to Bloodhorse.com, with more than $7.9 million in earnings, with a win ratio of 25 percent. Desormeaux is currently ranked 59th.
    “We are thrilled to have the services of the leading money winner in Javier....who just happens to know Belmont like the back of his hand,” Crawford wrote.
    http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120521/SPORTS/120521004/Desormeaux-to-be-replaced-as-Dullahan-jockey-for-Belmont
  • KetaKeta Member
    mucker4eve
    Aren't the photos great?
    He's saying.....where is my van,got to get to the next one. Come on Lava, time to go.
    Steve Haskin The Blood-Horse tweeted on Monday May 21
    Unsung great moment of Preakness.
    Huge ovation after race. Thought it was for IHA. Wrong.
    It was for Lava Man heading down the stretch
    You said:
    P.S. I know I am posting mucho today, but this tick bite disease is kicking my butt and I am being saved by you wonderful folks!!!!! Thank you.
    Boy, do you have someone who can empathize!
    Recovering from shingles-who knew you could revisit chickenpox as an adult!
    Feel better.
    Your posts are good contributions--so no worries about posting.
    Keta
  • Keta,
    I hope you feel better. My kids had the pox vac and still had the pox.
    The pain from shingles,poor you. Get better.

Ovation for Lava. Yes. You could see the pride for the ponies on that track. Lava was a great fit there w/ them. Mr. personality!!!!!! Wonder what they talked about in the van?
    They hit a traffic jam and it said horse heads were looking out the windows. That is one jam I would have LOVED to have been in.Probably would have jumped in the van!!!

Thanks Keta, you are a gem!!!!
  • shirleeshirlee Member
    Good for Larry Jones and the Governator! Mark Valeski does not belong with the quality of horses of the ilk of IHA, Union Rags and Dullahan.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Christina Olivares‏ TVG just tweeted
    BREAKING: I have it on good authority that Johnny V will ride Union Rags.
    Javier Castellano on Dullahan for the Belmont.
    Working to confirm.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Its gunna come down to a stretch duel of dullahan and IHA. oh boy these three weeks are gunna be tense and the belmont is gunna have my heart racing worse than the preakness did
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited May 2012
    Grantland Rice was an award winning & amazing sports writer.
    One of his finest articles was written about a match race called The Pimlico Special.
    Horses were Seabiscuit & War Admiral.
    It is one of my favorites & thought I'd share--echoes the Preakness Stakes.
    http://www.secondrunning.com/seabiscuit_war admiral.htm
  • I'm just waiting to see what happens.... This Belmont will be a definate white-knuckle race.
  • mucker4evamucker4eva Member
    edited May 2012
    Grantland Rice was an award winning & amazing sports writer.
    One of his finest articles was written about a match race called The Pimlico Special.
    Horses were Seabiscuit & War Admiral.
    It is one of my favorites & thought I'd share--echoes the Preakness Stakes.
    http://www.secondrunning.com/seabiscuit_war admiral.htm
    That just sends chills down by backbone. What a gifted writer.
    Keta, you are a wealth of superb info.

• The Belmont should be a spectacular race, and hopefully our Triple Crown drought will be ended. If I'll Have Another runs anything like a horse I noticed he has many similarities with, we're in for a treat. That horse is Affirmed: http://pastthegrandstand.blogspot.com/2012/05/ill-have-another-showing-shades-of.html

Just hoping and praying they all stay safe.
  • RachelRachel Member
    I like that article