Belmont Stakes 2012

Comments

• shirleeshirlee Member
    Johnny V is to ride Union Rags and Castellano has the mount on Dullahan.

I am trying not to get too excited as the Belmont is truly a "Test Of Champions" and a lot of very very good horses fail. I hope Alydar's spirit is with IHA and saying "come on son, get this one for me!"
  • KetaKeta Member
    Daily Racing Form May 21 2012
    Belmont Stakes 2012 possible starters
    Horse Trainer Jockey Last Race
    Alpha K. McLaughlin R. Dominguez Kentucky Derby, 12th
    Atigun K. McPeek undecided Churchill allowance, 1st
    Dullahan D. Romans J. Castellano Kentucky Derby, 3rd
    Five Sixteen D. Schettino undecided Aqueduct allowance, 4th
    Guyana Star Dweej D. Shivmangal undecided Belmont OC/allowance, 2nd
    I'll Have Another D. O'Neill M. Gutierrez Preakness, 1st
    Optimizer D. Lukas C. Nakatani Preakness, 6th
    Paynter B. Baffert M. Smith Pimlico allowance, 1st
    Rousing Sermon J. Hollendorfer undecided Kentucky Derby, 8th
    Stealcase M. Casse S. Bridgmohan Derby Trial, 3rd
    Street Life C. Brown J. Lezcano Peter Pan, 3rd
    Union Rags M. Matz J. Velazquez Kentucky Derby, 7th
    Unstoppable U K. McPeek J. Alvarado Belmont allowance, 1st
  • edited May 2012
    Actually, now that I look at it....Rousing Sermon has got QUITE the pedigree... Will have to look out for him as well.

...And if that's the case..... It's battle fo the chestnuts!
  • shirleeshirlee Member
    Too many horses! I hope several of them drop out.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Not too many. IHA handled 19 from post 19 lol and still won. he handled 10 others in the preakness.
  • Anticipation Rages.
    http://www.horseracingnation.com/blogs/zatt/Danger_Triple_Crown_Buster_Union_Rags_123
    Check out the drawing!!! We have 3 weeks of this. HA!
  • shirleeshirlee Member
    Wish I could fine a reason to not like Union Rags and Dullahan but all of their teams seem to be great people who love and take the best care of their horse.
    And these 2 horses are absolutely gorgeous C'mon guys we need a villain!
  • RachelRachel Member
    We need a triple crown winner. not a spoiler :( im not rooting for the upset this time. i did last year and the years before that. now that we have a darn good horse im rooting for ill have another to take this. wheres everyone else training at? IHA is at belmont a day after the race wanting to go again. he has guts and the energy to get this done. if alydar and affirmed are both deep into his pedigree, then im hoping its affirmed with him on belmont day and not alydar. Big browns excuse was a loose shoe, this horse is going in with everything he has. im not wanting a spoiler, if u want a triple crown winner dont root for the posible spoilers
  • Affirmed isn't in his pedigree......But Alydar is! And some of the horses in the race have Affirmed in their pedigrees....Maybe it's a chance for Alydar to "claim his rightful throne!"
  • Agree with you, Rachel. Rooting for the little red chestnut that just keeps on coming. Lava Man will give him pointers. Love both those horses.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Im reading that dullahan has never raced on dirt or the belmont track. but his trainer says hell run big. hes not even training at belmont i dont think. update on IHA says that he jogged over the belmont track for 1 1/2 miles and looked great while doing it.
  • He raced in the Derby and was closing fast. I don't think he'll be able to handle the Belmont if he doesn't train IN the Belmont.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Both Three Chimneys Farm & Jen Roytz tweeted
    If you have a Facebook acct, show your support &
    download 1 of 5 I'll Have Another cover photos for your page!
    http://fb.me/16QtG853s

Terrific Photos--love the ones of Lava Man & I'll Have Another
    What a nice thing to do for Facebook folks!
    Keta
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited May 2012
    Indeed. when in doubt train where the race is

ya got three weeks to get used to it
  • Indeed. when in doubt train where the race is

ya got three weeks to get used to it
    The thing is....Dullahan's trainer ISN'T in doubt.... Which either means he's overconfident or his horse actually CAN do what he says he can -- Unlikely.

He is still one of the top two competitors for IHA....The other one is Union Rags.... Now Union Rags DOES frighten me, that is a BIG colt with quite the history and pedigree.

• RachelRachel Member
    After this week well be down to two. one week closer to the test
  • HeidiKHeidiK Member
    Rachel, you sound the way I feel too!!! I've watched the Derby and Preakness over and over again trying to find "any faults," and, there are none. I am so excited! Never felt this way about the TC before. Not even with Big Brown or Smarty Jones! I don't want to pressure Mother Nature but, come on June 9th! :)
  • Could someone give me some hard evidence to give me more reason to have hope for what might be the first Triple Crown Winner in my lifetime? I feel enthusiasm for IHA but I am so full of doubt!
  • KetaKeta Member
    Happy Birthday, Doug O'Neill on Thursday May 24!
    I'll Have Another‏ tweeted
    Wanted to make sure before I lay back down to wish Dad
    a Happy Birthday Doug ONeill tomorrow!
    Lava Man & I ordered a carrot cake!
  • Could someone give me some hard evidence to give me more reason to have hope for what might be the first Triple Crown Winner in my lifetime? I feel enthusiasm for IHA but I am so full of doubt!
    Nothing is certain. However:
    1. IHA's Beyers have improved every race.
    2. The competition is bailing--No Bode, and now Creative Cause will not be in the race. Looks like the main competition will be Union Rags and Dullahan. About half the horses in the prospective field have not run in a graded stakes race before.
    3. He's bred for distance, especially on his dam's side. He is conditioned with a view to building endurance.
    4. He has Lava Man to coach him.

So it could actually happen this time.
  • Ok. Good ^^

• RebornRuffian12....Two more reasons:
    1. Mario
    2. Sometimes Dreams do come true
  • RachelRachel Member
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/70026/ill-have-another-jogs-ahead-of-belmont

video of ill have another on the track is in that article. he looks ready to go
  • Wow I never realized how SOLID that horse is!
  • RebornRuffian12....Two more reasons:
    1. Mario
    2. Sometimes Dreams do come true
    Yep, gotta dream.
    By the looks of the tape....he's itchin to run again!!!!