Belmont Stakes 2012

Comments

• “Normally they walk the outside rail, but the racing gods must have been looking out for him because he was about two feet off the rail this morning.

Thank you racing gods, thank you for watching over everyone involved. Our good vibes are being heard!!!!!!
    Keep em coming gang!!

Keta,you feeling better, I hope!
  • I say thanks to his Jockey and IHA's NINJA REFLEXES!
  • shirleeshirlee Member
    Just as soon as the Belmont is over, get IHA out of New York! Put him on a train, a boat, a plane or a trailer but get him out of there!
  • Just as soon as the Belmont is over, get IHA out of New York! Put him on a train, a boat, a plane or a trailer but get him out of there!
    He needs a spa treatment at Palm Springs =)
  • shirleeshirlee Member
    And time to think about all the lovely fillies and mares who will be waiting for him at his retirement. Talk about a full "little black" book!
  • Indeed! He will be the talk of the mare barn...He IS quite the handsome fellow ;)
  • HeidiKHeidiK Member
    I am hoping and praying for IHA to do the almost impossible next weekend. "If" he does, I hope they keep him around at least until he's 4 or 5. Build his legacy on the track. There's no need to rush him off to the breeding barn. Yes, he's going to be one popular guy with the mares but, that can wait another year or two.
    Today's incident with the loose filly, was scary beyond words! I truly believe that the racing gods were watching out for IHA and Lava Man. Thank God there was no contact with the other horse and that IHA did not turn around to look. I don't even want to imagine what might have happened if there was.
    Lava Man did look mad, didn't he?! He was saying: "girl, when I'm turned loose to eat, I'm going to hunt you down and give you a talking too!" LOL
    IHA is such a laid back colt. He went on with his business like, nothing happened.
  • I've been PRAYING that he wins....Even explaining WHY I'm praying....And I'm Agnostic!
  • Hopefully IHA will continue to race into his 4th year. Curlin did and won in Dubai. We need the colts to stay on the track longer. I am so grateful The Shack has raced another year.
  • Hansen and the good doctor will be at Belmont for a race on the under card. Can't wait to see him again. And to see if his owner has something planned.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    hansen will not be running on belmont day.....darn....love that horse
  • IHA is not moving until tomorrow (Wednesday) and Lava Man is not going with him.
    Paulick Report has story.
  • I read that the stalls were power-washed and then painted yellow. I don't think I'd want my dog let alone an athlete such as I'll Have Another anywhere near paint fumes, dry or not. The vapors alone from fresh, dry paint could probably trip up a drug test.
  • whoodlerwhoodler Member
    edited June 2012
    My Adonis may be entered in the Belmont tomorrow, bringing the field to 12.
  • Can't remember any other TC race that has been troubled as it has been leading up to this Belmont and we have several days to go. Just hope all horses and riders are safe no matter who wins. I bring up Bloodhorse every morning sort of dreading what I might read.
  • edited June 2012
    For those interested, you can watch the post position draw for the Belmont Stakes right here; http://www.belmontstakes.com/livestream/
    The draw takes place at 11 am, little more than an hour from now.

I can't wait to find out IHA's post! I just hope he won't get buried on the inside...
  • With only 12 horses entered, no position is going to be absolutely terrible. That's not to say some won't be a tad more advantagious than others.

I'm with Shirlee on this dread business. Seems like every day there is something else troubling about this year's Belmont.
  • Post 11 for I'll Have Another, rock on!
  • At last something good for him. I was worried about him getting post 1-5.
  • I really hope I'll Have Another can do it! It's what would be best for racing. As much as people love horses like Dullahan and Union Rags, the plethora of people tuning in for the Belmont that wouldn't normally watch horse racing want to see I'll Have Another win and that's certainly what would be the greatest for I'll Have Another.

Here is my field analysis for the Belmont Stakes: http://pastthegrandstand.blogspot.com/2012/06/2012-belmont-stakes-field-analysis.html
  • Could someone post all the gate assignments... I'm on dial up (yeah, the last person in the US on dial up) and don't want to wait until some blogger gets around to posting tonight!
    Thanks.
  • edited June 2012
    Could someone post all the gate assignments... I'm on dial up (yeah, the last person in the US on dial up) and don't want to wait until some blogger gets around to posting tonight!
    Thanks.
    Here you go, whoodler;

1. Street Life, Jose Lezcano, Chad Brown, 12-1
    2. Unstoppable U, Junior Alvarado, Ken McPeek, 30-1
    3. Union Rags, John Velazquez, Michael Matz, 6-1
    4. Atigun, Julien Leparoux, Ken McPeek, 30-1
    5. Dullahan, Javier Castellano, Dale Romans, 5-1
    6. Ravelo’s Boy, Alex Solis, Manuel Azpurua, 50-1
    7. Five Sixteen, Rosie Napravnik, Dominick Schettino, 50-1
    8. Guyana Star Dweej, Kent Desormeaux, Doodnauth Shivmangeal, 50-1
    9. Paynter, Mike Smith, Bob Baffert, 8-1
    10. Optimizer, Corey Nakatani, D. Wayne Lukas, 20-1
    11. I’ll Have Another, Mario Gutierrez, Doug O’Neill, 4-5
    12. My Adonis, Ramon Dominguez, Kelly Breen, 20-1
  • Thanks!
  • HeidiKHeidiK Member
    Yup, Steve Haskins said what we all think! This is just crazy. All I can say, is I'll Have Another, get crowned and get the heck out of dodge!