Belmont Stakes 2012

Comments

• I say I'll HAve Another should steal the crown then RUN RUN RUN back to California and away from New York.
  • HeidiKHeidiK Member
    It's going to be interesting to see, "hear" all the excuses from those in the Belmont once the race is run. If we think this is a Circus now, just wait until after. Things are going to hit the fan and I bet, a lot of trainers and owners will in one way or another, boycott NY racing. I hope they do.
  • It's going to be interesting to see, "hear" all the excuses from those in the Belmont once the race is run. If we think this is a Circus now, just wait until after. Things are going to hit the fan and I bet, a lot of trainers and owners will in one way or another, boycott NY racing. I hope they do.
    That would be a good name for one of IHA's foals-- "One Way Or Another" lol
  • HeidiKHeidiK Member
    LOL, good one!
  • Indeed!I was also thinking "Anotherone Bites Thedust" would be cool too.
  • I'll have Another is being scratched from the Belmont stakes because of a tendon injury. There is to be a news conference at 1pm estern time. Herd this on HRTV.

JJfromMN :(

p.s sorrry for any spelling mistakes.
  • The fate of IHA just makes me understand how special our Zenny was...no illness or injuries during her racing career...AMAZING! John S took the ultimate care with her and it paid off in spades.
  • What happened to Giant Ryan?? Heard about his injuries there is NO way that horse broke down THAT badly WHAT happened???
  • RachelRachel Member
    he fractured both sesamoids in his left front ankle. there is also legament damage in the back of his left front. he is at the equine hospital now heading in for surgery to try to save him for stud. hes like 5 or 6 yrs old
  • RachelRachel Member
    he fell on the track but was able to get up on his own but couldnt put weight on his injured leg. they have him in a splint and hes resting comfortably. its all over the news
  • Just be glad the IHA was not raced and didn't break down like Giant Ryan did.
    How sad, another horse having surgery to hopefully be used for stud service.
  • Is there any video?
  • RachelRachel Member
    there is a replay of the race on drf and bloodhorse
  • RachelRachel Member
    doesnt show him falling just being pulled up
  • This has uncanny resemblance to my story I made awhile back ..... But no matter, what if we all send him apples? An Apple a day keeps the doctor away afterall.....
  • HeidiKHeidiK Member
    edited June 2012
    I had been upset with everything going on with the NYRA and, when I saw the first (televised) race, I was saying, who's being pulled up? I couldn't see the number. Then, they showed him going to the ground, jockey jumping clear and the horse not getting up. The next view was from the blimp showing the Horse Ambulance then a close up shot of GR in the ambulance (once I realized who the horse was). Then, they updated saying: "He's still alive and, he had two fractures to his front sesamoid bone and ligament tears in the hind!" That's the latest that I've heard.
    I hope and pray for a good report tomorrow. Although, giving the injuries, there might not be much hope for Giant Ryan. Gotta be hopeful and realistic at the same time.
    This is just a sad situation and made worse by the NYHRB, or whatever you call them.
  • edited June 2012
    I had been upset with everything going on with the NYRA and, when I saw the first (televised) race, I was saying, who's being pulled up? I couldn't see the number. Then, they showed him going to the ground, jockey jumping clear and the horse not getting up. The next view was from the blimp showing the Horse Ambulance then a close up shot of GR in the ambulance (once I realized who the horse was). Then, they updated saying: "He's still alive and, he had two fractures to his front sesamoid bone and ligament tears in the hind!" That's the latest that I've heard.
    I hope and pray for a good report tomorrow. Although, giving the injuries, there might not be much hope for Giant Ryan. Gotta be hopeful and realistic at the same time.
    This is just a sad situation and made worse by the NYHRB, or whatever you call them.

That's why I said if he survives.....Then the true winner of the day at the Belmont...Is Great Ryan.
  • HeidiKHeidiK Member
    edited June 2012

That's why I said if he survives.....Then the true winner of the day at the Belmont...Is Great Ryan.
    Ok, I don't get your response.

• Meaning if he lives and is retired to stud then he will be the TRUE winner of that race....He still could win something most horses would easily lose in his situation.
  • Meaning, IF he lives.......it is the big if. Ain't a good thing.
  • Well, he's getting out of dodge. And I agree that's good. But, it could have been so much worse. Just be glad he's leaving sound, and as lovely as always. He's a great horse, and we all would have loved to see him win the crown, and have a fourth year, and a fifth if possible, but he got three and earned himself a wonderful retirement. I'll Have Another - here's to you!
    I'm talkin Giant Ryan here.

Not a good thing at all. My step-father works at a medal shop I was wondering if he could make one for him if he heals.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Well apparently he hasn't gone into surgery yet. They have giant Ryan in a cast and he's resting in his stall