BC sold out before on sale??

kurtkurt Member
edited August 2012 in Thoroughbred Racing & Sales
got an email about the breeders cup ticket presale that starts on the 21st. so started looking around and i see alot of sections/areas are already sold out//how is this possible???
do ticket brokers have THAT MUCH pull??
would really like some peoples thoughts on this as just doesnt seem right to not be able to get tickets for something without having to pay scalper,broker fees

Comments

• Don't know about race tracks, but for a number of years I lived in Augusta GA and now outside Bristol TN. Masters badges are passed down from family to family and there are very few available to "newbies" every year. Same for seating at BMS for the NASCAR events.
  • kurtkurt Member
    seems like a fraud to me..guessin only high rollers and ticket brokers can get descent seats as according to the seat charts, theres nothing available in the reasonable price ranges..really bitter at this point, might just stay home..and pout
  • edited May 2012
    Did you input your promotional code? You have to put it in or you'll get a message that seats are unavailable. Then you have to log in (or create a login). It looks to me like some of the less expensive seats haven't been released for sale yet. They will probably go on sale when the tickets are available to the general public.

If you are having trouble still, why not call the box office? 1-877-425-8919.

I'm not a high roller by any means, but I had no trouble getting a good seat last year, and I only bought a single ticket.

Also, there was a previous "presale" for folks that have bought tickets more than once, that ended 05/20. So yeah, some of the seats are sold out.
  • shirleeshirlee Member
    I have had good luck getting BC tickets and decent seats when it was at Churchill by just calling the box office way ahead of time. Most of the time they give you an address of some sort (snail mail or email) to contact when the tickets become available to the general public.

If IHA wins the TC and continues to run, those tickets will be really hot items!!
  • erinleoerinleo Member
    the presale started at noon, and I called the box office around 6pm, and for the most part all of the good seats were sold out. I have a feeling that they only released a certain amount of tickets for this sale and they will release more when the event gets closer. I cant imagine that the whole racetrack sold out in a matter of hours
  • whoodlerwhoodler Member
    edited June 2012
    The Breeders Cup is immensly popular. Race track seating is not as large as in stadiums and even the biggest of those sell out in an hour or two for popular concerts. Not the exact same situation, but only around 2000 entries are allowed for the annual Westminster Kennel Club show and it is full within MINUTES of opening.
  • Is anyone driving from San Diego to SAnita with an extra space?
  • There are still Breeders' Cup tickets available. Particularly in the Zenyatta Section O-Q.
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    Just saw this for anyone who can't afford the Z section or any of the other reserved sections....
    General Admission tickets will go on sale beginning October 1 for online purchase only. The online price for Championship Friday will be $10. General Admission online price on Championship Saturday is $15. Patrons will be able to print their tickets at home and bring them to the track for admission.
  • saw that too..went to SA the other morning for workouts..and to play with my camera and theyve already started getting ready, theres several temporary stands set up on what i assume is the apron. guessing they will sell those, and the GA area will be smaller as a result..i suspect GA will be a mad house
  • Just saw this for anyone who can't afford the Z section or any of the other reserved sections....
    General Admission tickets will go on sale beginning October 1 for online purchase only. The online price for Championship Friday will be $10. General Admission online price on Championship Saturday is $15. Patrons will be able to print their tickets at home and bring them to the track for admission.
    Where are they putting them up. I'm going in on GA tickets so I'm just wondering how much apron will lose. I know their apron is HUGE but still.