Lava Man

A couple of TOO CUTE videos of Lava Man -- how GREAT to see him enjoying his retirement!

Comments

• Silly horse! =)
  • RachelRachel Member
    Clearly spending his days in a pasture was not his calling lol. he loves being at the track
  • Yeah, his place is by IHA's side!
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Bet he will train a bunch of others too...
  • mucker4evamucker4eva Member
    edited May 2012
    Lava Man rules the barn!!!! What a character. He has BIG personality. The lid falls back on him and he carries on. I could watch this all day. Thanks for posting these Abigail.

Oh and IHA tweeted today....room service is great!!!!
  • shirleeshirlee Member
    Abigail, Thanks for the great videos of Lava Man. No matter what they are saying about Doug O'neill (spelling?) you cannot fault the way he is taking care of this old guy who seems to be having the time of his life. Hopefully, someday we will see him at Old Friends or the Kentucky Horse Park.
  • Before his successful stem cell treatment, Lava Man was slated to go to Old Friends. I assume that is where he will end up, once his career as track pony/coach/grain taster is over. He appears to be doing well, so I hope he will be able to work for several more years. He sure seems to like his job.
  • "Job as grain taster"-- Love that! LOL!

• Hmmm...Maybe Lava Man and Zenyatta should make a guest appearance on Dancing With The Stars.
  • "Job as grain taster"-- Love that! LOL!

It's a dirty job, but someone has got to do it.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Judging by how he went to that feed bin and stayed there that one was the feed of the day xD
  • MaxMax Member
    Abigail. These are great videos. Lava Man is running that place.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Had to go to desktop to get videos to play.....King of the Barn ....no doubt about it
  • shirleeshirlee Member
    LauraJ, I love your suggestion. They could do better than some of the celebs that do get on the show! And athletes do win quite a bit.

• What a guy!!!!!!
  • Mucker4Eva: Loved this video (above). What a guy is right! Whatever they say about O'Neill, he pulled Lava Man out of a claiming race, believed in him and IHA's best buddy went on to earn over 5 million!!!!!
  • RuZenRARuZenRA Member
    This was a great horse on the track and hes so silly with so much character! love him!
  • Wow, wonderful video. Love this horse. (as well as Well Armed and Awesome Gem)
  • RuZenRARuZenRA Member
    geldings rule! except then we cant have fantastic little well armed and lava man babiies. same for funny cide...
  • KetaKeta Member
    Both Three Chimneys Farm & Jen Roytz tweeted
    If you have a Facebook acct, show your support &
    download 1 of 5 I'll Have Another cover photos for your page!
    http://fb.me/16QtG853s

Terrific Photos--love the ones of Lava Man & I'll Have Another
    What a nice thing to do for Facebook folks!
    Keta
  • KetaKeta Member
    Happy Birthday, Doug O'Neill on Thursday May 24!
    I'll Have Another‏ tweeted
    Wanted to make sure before I lay back down to wish Dad
    a Happy Birthday Doug ONeill tomorrow!
    Lava Man & I ordered a carrot cake!
  • I'm sure being a stud servicing mares is a pleasant form of retirement. But the stallions don't get to socialize (other than in the mating shed) and don't get a lot of variety in their routines. Being at the track seems to give Lava Man lots more social stimulus, variety, and general attention. Have fun, old boy.
  • Abigail and Mucker - thanks for sharing the videos! I had seen the one of Lava Man at the feed bin, but not the compilation of his races. What a guy is so true!! I have loved him for a long time and it makes me so happy to see him enjoying his job so much. He will always be a star!
  • cigarcigar Member
    I was unable to access the video, unfortunately. But Lava Man looks great,bright eyed and shiny coat. He is having fun!
  • Love this video. I could watch it over & over. Lava man rocks!