Who should Zenyatta be bred to next?

mmbower5mmbower5 Member
edited May 2012 in Zenyatta
She has a beautiful colt by bernardini, and is expecting one out of Tapit...colt or filly. My question to all of u is..."If you owned the queen who would you have bred her to first second third ect. ect. My top choices are Bernardini, A.P Indy (retired), Rapid Redux (curently not at stud), Drosslmeyer (curentley not at stud). But who would you choose as her mates?

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Hmm..... I'd have to go with A.P. Indy, Storm Cat, Union Rags, Dullahan, Curlin.....And if IHA wins the triple crown..... IHA or Flower Alley!

If you're talking about deceased.... Dynaformer, Man O' War, Seattle Slew, Bold Ruler, and Barbaro.
  • sorry I forgot to mention she cant be bred to Rapid Redux because he is a gelding...thats to bad. wouldnt it be awesome to have one of his foals..Just like Funny Cide another gelding that can't pass his legacy on through his progeny. Thats too bad. Oh well we will give a fare well to the great Rapid Redux. Who recently retired with 22 wins no loses
  • sorry I forgot to mention she cant be bred to Rapid Redux because he is a gelding...thats to bad. wouldnt it be awesome to have one of his foals..Just like Funny Cide another gelding that can't pass his legacy on through his progeny. Thats too bad. Oh well we will give a fare well to the great Rapid Redux. Who recently retired with 22 wins no loses
    Could always clone them lol.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    If we are going to clone ....I vote for Cigar
  • If we are going to clone ....I vote for Cigar
    Indeed! I doubt any of the great geldings will be cloned though....... Costs to much =(
  • A cloned Thoroughbred would not be able to be registered, and therefore couldn't run anyway.
  • He wouldn't have to run! Just stand at stud lol
  • Rapid redux was defeated.... he had 22 CONSECUTIVE victories......
  • L_Q_Q_KL_Q_Q_K Member
    edited May 2012
    I definitely wouldn't breed her to Flower Alley or I'll Have Another. There is just too much Mr. Prospector & Raise a Native in both FA & IHA.

I'd breed her to any of AP Indy's sons that are absent Northern Dancer or Raise a Native.

Bernardini is not one of those sons absent the sires listed above. :(
    Stephen Got Even would be perfect for the Queen as he is absent Northern Dancer and Raise a Native.

Truth be told, I want I'll Have Another to win his Triple Crown. God only knows the sport could use the boost. But I pray this horse comes across the finish line in one piece, win or lose.
  • i think rapid redux was in 42 starts so yes he lost but he had 22 straight. I also agree with Hockey_Buff
  • edited May 2012
    ACTUALLY could have one of Dynaformer's sons breed to her...... That might make one TALL foal though.
  • I don't think Dynaformer has any suitable sons at stud. Most of his best sons are gelded or are overseas. He has a son standing in Nebraska, but I don't think they'll send Z there. I suppose Brilliant Speed will enter stud eventually.
  • Yeah that wouldn't be to bad
  • shirleeshirlee Member
    What about Afleet Alex? I haven't looked at the pedigrees but he was one fast dude with plenty of stamina.
  • JenniftJennift Member
    Hat Trick!!!!!!!!!
  • definatly distorted humor or Pulpit or IHA or union rags :)
  • AlexAlex Member
    Per True Nicks Afleet Alex is a A++
  • LlnayLlnay Member
    Dynaformer has plenty of sons, Nicanor, Lentenor, Margano and one young colt who has yet been named. The problem is they haven't done that well on the track. Margano seems to be the best bet so far and Lentenor is coming on. Since they are Dynaformers, they are still maturing very slowly. They at least carry his genes that could be passed on.
  • Frankle. OOPS!! Were not in Great Britian. Gio Ponte! Don't they give her a rest after two in a row.
    i like hat trick.....or Lonhro if he comes back again
    Another concern with Big D or any of his boys is size....Dynaformer was almost as tall as Zenny....I remember picking a smaller boyfriend was important....that said....if Americain should shuttle up from Aussie land.....he is awefully good looking
  • Frankle. OOPS!! Were not in Great Britian. Gio Ponte! Don't they give her a rest after two in a row.
    Not unless she needs one. It's normal for mares to be bred every year. As long as Zenyatta is healthy, it will do her no harm, and having a foal by her side will make her happy. She loves being a mom. Rest assured that if her body needs a break it will take one. She gets the best of care, and if her veterinarian thinks she needs time off, she will get it.
  • Dynaformer has plenty of sons, Nicanor, Lentenor, Margano and one young colt who has yet been named. The problem is they haven't done that well on the track. Margano seems to be the best bet so far and Lentenor is coming on. Since they are Dynaformers, they are still maturing very slowly. They at least carry his genes that could be passed on.
    Margano, maybe. Although I am a fan of The Brothers, I think both Nicanor and Lentenor are allowance/low-level stakes horses at best. Not that there is anything wrong with that--most owners would be delighted with either of them--but neither of them is Barbaro. At 6 and 5 years old, respectively, I suspect they've reached their potential.

Too bad Purim died so young.
  • AmandaFAmandaF Member
    I know he's a new stallion and we don't know what his progeny will do on the track and if they want to try a new stallion Eskendereya would be a good one to try. You never know.
  • shirleeshirlee Member
    I am going to hope it will be Alex.

You all are right about not breeding Our Lady to another large horse. It could be a huge foal and dangerous for her and it at birth.