Reply Button

SierraSierra Member
edited March 2012 in Tech Support & Tutorials
We used to have a reply button on the comments. I thought that would be helpful if possible. Thanks so much for this though it is great so far! I am loving it! I am glad I will be able to post my stories in one place for everyone now.

Comments

• Sierra, I think the "Quote" IS the reply button. What I do if I'm replying to a really long comment, I truncate the quote (delete some it) and only include the intro lines. Hope this helps!! As the Forum grows, I think the Quote button will work for what we need, but, a simply Reply option might also be a good idea.
  • I think the "Quote" IS the reply button.

Let's see if that works...
  • edited March 2012
    We used to have a reply button on the comments.
    Another test from a comment made higher in the list.

Okay, so if we reply to "Quote" I can use part of the original quote but my comment goes to the bottom.
  • kyleakylea Administrator
    We used to have a reply button on the comments.
    Another test from a comment made higher in the list.

Okay, so if we reply to "Quote" I can use part of the original quote but my comment goes to the bottom.
    Hi guys! Clicking "Quote" adds HTML to the comment box that allows you to reference another comment from the thread. It look like this.
    The Reply button in the Diary and News sections allows people to carry on separate conversations. In the Forum, we have different discussions for that purpose. The comments in each discussion will always stay in order, but you can Quote any comment at any time. Hope that makes sense!
  • Thanks so much I get it now!
  • The Reply button in the Diary and News sections allows people to carry on separate conversations. In the Forum, we have different discussions for that purpose. The comments in each discussion will always stay in order, but you can Quote any comment at any time. Hope that makes sense!
    Dear Kylea:

Thank you so much. I just did as you said and now I understand how to reply to a comment. Hugs, JB

I think the "Quote" IS the reply button.

• Hope I get this thing figured out! Some of your comments helpful.
  • The Reply button in the Diary and News sections allows people to carry on separate conversations. The comments in each discussion will always stay in order, but you can Quote any comment at any time. Hope that makes sense!
    I'm just trying to see how this works, and if part of the quote can be deleted - I'm guessing you need to leave the stuff in the < > parts.
    edited March 2012
    Yep, you can delete any part of a quote. It's the HTML tags on either end that are necessary:

< blockquote rel="Author" > and... < /blockquote >

• KetaKeta Member
    Yep, you can delete any part of a quote. It's the HTML tags on either end that are necessary:

< blockquote rel="Author" > and... < /blockquote >

Ok, Kylea, you are going to teach us horse folks HTML whether or not we want to learn it.
    Learning it on images and now learning it on text. :)
    So glad that you are so reachable online.
    We all would be in big trouble if you weren't.
    A big thank you for all you are doing!!
    Testing the quote button. Shannon, we're neighbors. I'm in Georgetown.

I posted this comment in another thread, and someone asked me to post it here as well. Here you go!

The forum uses the Quote feature instead of a Reply button so that all comments stay in the order that they are posted. You'll see how helpful this is once some threads become very long. It's easy to jump to the end and read new content. With a Reply button you might have to read through pages and pages of a discussion and try to figure out what's new to you.