I'll Have Another

ShazamShazam Member
Lets remember this great horse, that was really close to winning the TC who was just scratched nd retired

Comments

• This is a sad, sad, sad, day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I am in shock, something smells fishy, retired too?, somebody please tell me its not so. This is terrible, not just for his connections, but for the racing nation as a whole, that whole excitement and anticipation for the elusive Triple Crown, GONE WITH THE WIND. I WISH HIM AND HIS CONNECTIONS ALL THE VERY BEST!!!!!, may his OFFSPRINGS BRING HOME THE TRIPLE CROWN, AMEN.GOD'S BLESSINGS to all. May all the riders and their rides come home safely.IT is WELL.
  • I do find it paculiar, NY had problems with Aquaduct....Has anyone noticed that the majority of the Triple Crown Hopefuls have gotten hurt in the Belmont? I don't think it's from the 1 1/2 mile track.... That doesn't break legs.
  • Although I am sad about this latest development with I'll Have Another being scratched the day before the race, can't help by make the connection to the 1969 Derby and Preekness winner Majestic Prince. He had developed a slight tendon problem in his right front leg, the trainer wanted to scratch him, but he owner was bitten big time by the Triple Crown bug and overruled the trainer and ran him anyway. Majestic came in second to Arts and Letters by 5 lengths and never ran again. To me granted it's a big let down, but thank goodness owners and trainers seem to be on the same page these days and take the welfare of the horse into consideration rather than the fame and fortune of winning a big race.
  • His life isn't over yet, I still love this guy as much as I did in the races. Though I do feel sad that he hurt himself somehow, I am happy that he is okay.
  • Although I am sad about this latest development with I'll Have Another being scratched the day before the race, can't help by make the connection to the 1969 Derby and Preekness winner Majestic Prince. He had developed a slight tendon problem in his right front leg, the trainer wanted to scratch him, but he owner was bitten big time by the Triple Crown bug and overruled the trainer and ran him anyway. Majestic came in second to Arts and Letters by 5 lengths and never ran again. To me granted it's a big let down, but thank goodness owners and trainers seem to be on the same page these days and take the welfare of the horse into consideration rather than the fame and fortune of winning a big race.
    I made the same connection with Majestic Prince. You are so right. I am very glad that his connections made the decisions they did. This just proves to all those people that thought Doug O'Neill was the bad guy that he's NOT. I'll Have Another's connections are true class acts.
  • MozartMozart Member
    Perhaps there will soon be a website devoted to I'll Have Another, with plenty of photos of him during his day and a diary or news - so that we can keep in touch with this splendid colt and still have him in our lives. Please let us know if - hopefully - such a website is started. :-)
  • I'am sad IHA will not be running in the BS but I'am happy to see the owner & trainer have put the condition of this gorgous colt first, bravo
  • I'am sad IHA will not be running in the BS but I'am happy to see the owner & trainer have put the condition of this gorgous colt first, bravo
    I believe you should say "Belmont Stakes" I'm sure I'm not the only one who took "BS" as something else ^^"
  • I was very sad when I heard this news. I have been looking forward to the Belmont and have had a countdown going. Just this morning when we signed yearbooks at school, I signed another guy who is obsessed with horse racing (he met Zenyatta!)'s yearbook saying, "I'll Have Another! Belmont tomorrow!"

I hope his leg heals soon, and that he feels better. I'm glad his team made a good decision for the best... It just shows how much I'll Have Another is loved and cared for. I think the support from his fans has been tremendous, and I also think it's nice he will be leading the post parade tomorrow with his jockey riding him.

I hope he has a successful stud, as well.

But it's still very sad that this happened. It would have been AMAZING if he had won the Triple Crown. The Belmont won't be the same tomorrow without him.

I think a Zenyatta-I'll Have Another foal would be pretty amazing... ;)

Oh, and also: He has a Twitter and Facebook page, if you're interested. I follow him on Twitter, and he (or probably someone on his team ;)) tweets quite frequently about what's going on and such, with photos. Lava Man, a former racehorse and his pony that takes him to and from the track and such, also has a Twitter and tweets with photos and such. IHA also replies to fans. I'm not sure about the Facebook, but I'm sure it's cool, too.
  • On the other topic on her about IHA Ive been having a "Name off" with #rachel and everyone has pointed out Zenny and IHA are too closely related. I liked his Facebook and he updates it not as frequently as Twitter would allow you but he still updates relitively frequently.
  • MozartMozart Member
    Could I please have the Twitter link - and also Zenyatta's Twitter link? And if you have I'll Have Another's Facebook link, I'd love to have it too. :-) Thanks!
  • helenehelene Member
    I'm so disappointed that IHA won't be running for the triple crown. Many people are saying the IHA will make a great deal of money in breeding. I'm wondering, though, with all of the legs problems he has had, do you really want to pass those leg problems on to future race horses?
  • That's why you breed him to mares bearing qualities that he is missing, giving the foal strength in areas he simply lacks.
  • helenehelene Member
    Ok, that's what I was thinking, choosing a mare with qualities to make a strong foal.
  • edited June 2012
    Exactly ^^ Say, if IHA has weak legs, breed him to a sturdy mare.
  • RachelRachel Member
    both IHA and zenyatta have kris s in them so it would be like breeding cousins theyre too related in that area so that wouldnt work
  • Kykydog5Kykydog5 Member
    edited June 2012
    Like Bold Ruler and Somethingroyal in Secretariat's case. :)

But aww, a Zenyatta-I'll Have Another foal would've been cute. (And amazing.) But Baby Z is just adorable and I can't wait to watch him run <3

I'll Have Another's Twitter is @ Ill_HaveAnother. <3 Also, a good horse to follow is Frankel. (He won one of the races at Pimlico the day of the Preakness.) He actually followed me back! And he's gorgeous. But I'm a sucker for chestnuts... xD And bays. And any horses. I think they're all beautiful <3 But Frankel is very friendly and all on Twitter; same with I'll Have Another. (Frankel: @ Frankel_horse <-- his Twitter.) Oh, and follow Lava Man, too. He's I'll Have Another's "pony" and best friend, you could say. ;) His Twitter is @ IamLavaMan. I can give more horses to follow, too.

And make sure to follow TeamZenny! @TeamZenyatta if you haven't already :)

(Oh, and take the space between the @ and the names for the Twitter usernames. I had to post them like that or the coding would be weird.)
  • MozartMozart Member
    "Like Bold Ruler and Somethingroyal in Secretariat's case. :)

But aww, a Zenyatta-I'll Have Another foal would've been cute. (And amazing.) But Baby Z is just adorable and I can't wait to watch him run <3<br />
    I'll Have Another's Twitter is @ Ill_HaveAnother. <3 Also, a good horse to follow is Frankel. (He won one of the races at Pimlico the day of the Preakness.) He actually followed me back! And he's gorgeous. But I'm a sucker for chestnuts... xD And bays. And any horses. I think they're all beautiful <3 But Frankel is very friendly and all on Twitter; same with I'll Have Another. (Frankel: @ Frankel_horse <-- his Twitter.) Oh, and follow Lava Man, too. He's I'll Have Another's "pony" and best friend, you could say. ;) His Twitter is @ IamLavaMan. I can give more horses to follow, too.<br />
    And make sure to follow TeamZenny! @TeamZenyatta if you haven't already :)

(Oh, and take the space between the @ and the names for the Twitter usernames. I had to post them like that or the coding would be weird.)"

Thanks very much for the links!
    I bookmarked them. By the way, does Zenyatta have her own Twitter account too? :-)
  • So sorry to hear about IHA's injury. I'm so glad his connections made the right decision to retire him. Wonder if he'll stay in CA. He gave us something to hope for. His hoof prints will be etched in history.

• @Mozart Just TeamZenyatta's. :) And you're welcome!

@Janstein87 I like that. "His hoof prints will be etched in history."
  • And at the end of the day, no Triple Crown is worth one good horses life. We wish for what might have been but are very grateful for what is...a champion with courage and heart. Thank you for all you gave, I'll Have Another.
  • MozartMozart Member
    I'm also very relieved that everyone on Team I'll Have Another put the welfare of the colt first and foremost. I'l Have Another will have a long and happy life.
    It's sad that he was injured, but the outcome could have been far worse. At least, IHA is okay. :-)
  • Paula1Paula1 Member
    You know, I think Doug O'Neill redeemed himself quite a bit with he way he has handled himself since winning the Kentucky Derby. I know he has had issues in the past, but he made the exact right decision to scratch IHA from the Belmont. I can only imagine how disappointed he is, but he didn't hesitate. I don't think there is anything fishy about this at all. On another note, it just points out how miraculous it was that John Shirreffs was able to keep Zenyatta in such great condition. That alone should earn him the Hall of Fame.