Lentenor

Comments

• there are few articles where i read them and i can feel the emotions, feel what that person felt when they were writing that article. beautiful article indeed, makes you wish you knew Sunday, but alas i missed out :(
  • since we are on the topic of sunday silence i would like to share something that i had no idea about. Sunday Silence is the grandfather of Yukichan, the white thoroughbred (or Dominant White thoroughbred) and sunday silence also produced a white thoroughbred named Shirayukihime, his daughter. she in turn produced Yukichan (filly). sunday silence is the grandfather of White Vessel, who is Shirayukihime's colt. another white thoroughbred out of Shirayukihime is Shirokun. so he can produce Dominant White thoroughbreds. lol i didnt know those were his babies and grand babies.

anyways, have fun looking through this, i sure did!

http://community.tvg.com/t5/History-and-Photos/SUNDAY-SILENCE-HIS-SONS-AND-GRANDSONS/td-p/522272/page/2
  • Thank you so much Rachel! I loved looking at that! I'm going to save them, too, they are just beyond beautiful! He had so many sons that looked just like him, especially that one named Genuine! And the grandson, Song of Wind, looks just like him!! And those beautiful whites! He truly had some great, great genes and Japan did so good with him and loved him so! I did have fun looking through this! Thanks again for posting it!
  • Rachel, I forgot to mention the granddaughter Yukichan! She's so beautiful, she doesn't even look real. A true fairy tale horse!
  • your welcome ^.^ is she still racing or retired now?
  • She is retired now and apparently had a gray filly in the past year or so, I believe. She was a pretty big deal in Japan, won some big races there. I think it's so interesting how Sunday Silence sired her mother, who was pure white, too, but he was almost black and the dam was dark brown or bay! I have never understood how that happens, but I love it!
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    there is some utube video of Yukichan racing....she was a very good racer...and beautiful
  • Hi Carol, did you see the pictures Rachel posted? So great! But the first one of Yukichan is my favorite. She didn't even look real, more like marble or something! I want one of those! Thanks for the info on youtube, I'm going to go look!
  • I plan on looking at the videos tonight when i get a chance lol
  • Anyway, back onto the topic of LENTENOR. I wish him the best of luck in the breeding shed.
  • Sorry Ruffian! Hopefully Lentenor wouldn't mind too much!
  • edited October 2012
    Lol. I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Unless he has the bitter temper of Papa D. But he seems more like his brother.
  • LOL, if he has Daddy D's temper, I'm in big trouble!! I love sweet Lentenor and hope he has great success and a happy, comfortable life! I do have a horrible habit of getting totally off the subject, I'll try a little harder to keep it in check!
  • edited October 2012
    LOL. We'd all be doomed if he had Papa D's temper. Tsk, tsk, tsk!

But anyway, I was actually shocked at how MUCH he looks like Barbaro. Practically a mirror image of him (with darker color of course) poor guy though, he's never going to be able to break away from the constant comparison to his late older brother. Neither will Nicanor.
    Me too...Louise....I just wander where the conversation takes me...Lentenor has great genes ...as does brother Nicanor...do not know if he is going to stud...think he is in Florida
  • Nicanor is around five years of age so I wouldn't be suprised if he was retired to stud right now. It will be interesting to see where they go. What is also interesting is that, hey, if you want to breed your mare to a horse with the EXACT same pedigree as Nicanor, you can now breed him to Lentenor! And visa versa.
    Nic is 6....Len is 5....
  • That's great! From now on, I will call them "Nic" and "Lenny". And I was CLOSE! lol
  • Lentenor will stand at Calumet Farm in 2013. Very exciting news!!
  • Three Chimneys Farm‏ tweet Congrats to Calumet Farm on their new roster of stallions,
    AIKENITE, AMERICAIN, & LENTENOR,

Keta Note: Here is the True Nicks article,
    You have to read a lot of history to get to the new stallions.

Calumet Farm Returns with Trio of New Stallions
    Written by Alan Porter | Nov 29, 2012 | The Blood-Horse True Nicks

Calumet Farm is a name that has been associated with history-making stallions since the arrival of English Derby winner Blenheim II in 1936. In that case, Calumet—for whom Blenheim II sired Triple Crown hero Whirlaway—was only part of the investment group that brought the Aga Khan's classic victor to the U.S., Blenheim II's stateside home being Claiborne Farm. However, it wouldn't be long before Calumet would have their own stallion superstar in the shape of Bull Lea. A son of the imported French sire Bull Dog, Bull Lea retired to stand at Calumet in 1940. He went on to sire 58 stakes winners from 377 named foals, and to claim the leading sire title five times. In addition to the immortal Citation, who also stood at Calumet, Bull Lea sired three other horses who earned honors as Horse of the Year: Twilight Tear, Coaltown, and Armed.

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/truenicks/archive/2012/11/29/calumet-farm-returns-with-trio-of-new-stallions.aspx
  • thanks, Keta, for the info on Calumet. I can never think about Calumet without thinking about Alydar, my favorite of all time. Calumet was a great farm, and many great horses came out of there, so I'd be happy if they started back on the road to success. I really want to thank Henry Kwiatkowski, a polish businessman, who bought Calumet after the whole mess with Alydar, because he couldn't see such an historic place abandoned. So thanks, Mr. Kwiatkowsi, for preserving a legend until it came back to life. I'm not sure how long he owned it for, and I'm probably wrong on some of it, but I know he did buy it back in the day. Wishing Calumet every success, and am glad they have such wonderful prospects!
  • I have a dumb question for you pros here. Do stallions at these big farms ever interact with each other? Or would they kill each other? I'm just imagining two Dynaformer sons meeting one on one, especially if they have dad's personality. I would love to be a fly on the wall to see that! So proud of little Lenny! I still think of him as a little baby and he's all grown up. Sigh! Time just flies too fast for me. I did read recently that Lentenor threw the jockey at one of his last races so he may very well have Big D's personality.
  • i dont think they do, ive never seen it before anywhere honestly lol. some farms do the breeding naturally and let the stallions teach their offspring how to behave, thats an amazing sight to behold too. but i think its for the safety in general of the horse to keep the stallions seperated, they are million dollar earning or so horses and are valuable, wouldnt want anything happening to them.
    I have a dumb question for you pros here. Do stallions at these big farms ever interact with each other? Or would they kill each other? I'm just imagining two Dynaformer sons meeting one on one, especially if they have dad's personality. I would love to be a fly on the wall to see that! So proud of little Lenny! I still think of him as a little baby and he's all grown up. Sigh! Time just flies too fast for me. I did read recently that Lentenor threw the jockey at one of his last races so he may very well have Big D's personality.
    hi louise.....i think i recall that Americain is relatively laid back...dont know about lenny...do not remember either of them ever credited with having dear old dad's unique personality

• I have a dumb question for you pros here. Do stallions at these big farms ever interact with each other? Or would they kill each other? I'm just imagining two Dynaformer sons meeting one on one, especially if they have dad's personality. I would love to be a fly on the wall to see that! So proud of little Lenny! I still think of him as a little baby and he's all grown up. Sigh! Time just flies too fast for me. I did read recently that Lentenor threw the jockey at one of his last races so he may very well have Big D's personality.
    Stallions are highly territorial. They are never allowed to interact. Two stallions in the same space would seriously injure and possibly kill one another. Some can be friends (sort of) as long as there are a couple of fences between them and no mares around, but others can't abide the sight of another stallion. I read of a case where one stallion got through a fence separating his paddock from another stallion's paddock. He didn't get into the other paddock, but they ran along the single fence fighting each other until one ran into a tree and was killed.

Some of the Old Friends stallions are across-the-fence buddies--actually two fences and a path in between. But they are all retired and are kept well away from any mares. Nevertheless, even the nicest of them has his own paddock.