Zenny's Mom, Vertigineux

Comments

• Kris S goes way back :) he was a looker. Shame he was put down, i believe he has the same death date as Seattle Slew.
  • Coolmore Stud
    This is Vertigineux by Kris S and she have been sold by Maverick Productions to Coolmore in a private deal in 2009. Vertigineux is the dam of Zenyatta ,Balance and Eblouissante. She is in foal to Street Cry..the baby due this spring will be a full brother or sister to Zenyatta..how about that!
    Under Coolmore ownership, She produce 2010 and 2011 filly by Henrythenavigator
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=568022056560363&set=a.208032322559340.58647.207036315992274&type=3&l=d50a922a1b&permPage=1
  • I'm so excited for her Street Cry baby! To have a full sibling to Zenny would be spectacular!
  • I think Kris S was also Uncle Mo's grandpa....
  • KetaKeta Member
    OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM COOLMORE TODAY
    Coolmore ‏ tweets Friday April 19
    Vertigineux foaled a full brother to Zenyatta at Ashford Stud on April 9th…
    Ashford Stud manager Dermot Ryan commented
    “He’s a good quality bay colt, both mare and foal are doing well”

Keta tweet @coolmorestud Thank you for announcement. When Zenyatta was ready to foal, there were false reports. So, waiting for Coolmore. Photo soon?
    FYI-there will be photos–when I don’t know
    Hugs, Keta
  • KetaKeta Member
    OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM COOLMORE TODAY
    Coolmore ‏ tweets Friday April 19
    Vertigineux foaled a full brother to Zenyatta at Ashford Stud on April 9th…
    Ashford Stud manager Dermot Ryan commented
    “He’s a good quality bay colt, both mare and foal are doing well”

Keta tweet @coolmorestud Thank you for announcement. When Zenyatta was ready to foal, there were false reports. So, waiting for Coolmore. Photo soon?
    FYI-there will be photos–when I don’t know
    Hugs, Keta
  • KetaKeta Member
    Full brother to Zenyatta foaled at Ashford
    By Nicole Russo Daily Racing Form/Breeding News 04/19/2013 2:26PM
    A full brother to 2010 Horse of the Year Zenyatta was foaled April 9 at Coolmore's Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky.
    The Street Cry colt is out of the winning Kris S. mare Vertigineux, Kentucky's Broodmare of the Year in 2008. The mare was privately purchased by Coolmore from breeder Eric Kronfeld in the fall of 2008.
    "He's a good-quality bay colt, both mare and foal are doing well," Ashford Stud manager Dermot Ryan said.
    http://www.drf.com/news/full-brother-zenyatta-foaled-ashford
  • KetaKeta Member
    Coolmore Stud tweet with BABY BROTHER PHOTO Thurs. May 2, 2013
    For all the Zenyatta fans… Introducing her full-brother born 4/9,
    enjoying the spring grass with his dam Vertigineux!
  • OMG, How exciting. A Zenyatta brother! He looks great. Wow!
  • msnap12msnap12 Member
    There's my little Zenagain! :D <3
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    V13...is like a mom clone....I am calling him MiniV
  • V13...is like a mom clone....I am calling him MiniV
    I love it!
  • Thank you, Keta, for posting this. Have been waiting to see him. MiniV is so clever!!!
    Take care, all,
    Mary
  • KetaKeta Member
    Rest in Peace, Vertigineux.
    Coolmore America confirmed that she passed away 2 years ago.
    “Vertigineux hemorrhaged and died after foaling two years ago . (2013)
    Regards”
    Thank you to Allie in Texas for sharing the information
    May 29, 2015 at 3:36 pm
  • KMMKMM Member
    He must have been awhile after she foaled, given the pics of her and Monty grazing.
  • If true, yes. Makes no sense to me. The picture of the two was labeled that he was 10 days old, if I remember correctly.
  • Vertigineux' grand-daughter, She's Not Here (out of Where's Bailey) finished 1st by 1 1/2 lengths, on May 30, 2015, at CHURCHILL DOWNS in Race 6.

She's Not Here ( Street Cry (IRE) - Where's Bailey, by Aljabr)
  • Oh, that's good to hear. Another one of Zenny's half-sisters, or half-nieces was also bred to Street Cry. Can't remember which one. I think it was recently--from his last crop.
  • KMMKMM Member
    And where are Z's two half sibs by Pioneer oftheNile, Harley Rose and Pressurizing? No works since last year at Fair Hill.
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    And where are Z's two half sibs by Pioneer oftheNile, Harley Rose and Pressurizing? No works since last year at Fair Hill.
    They're by Henrythenavigator, not Pioneer of the Nile.

Harley Rose is at Belmont with John Sherrifs. I thought Pressurizing was in Australia.

• KMMKMM Member
    Sorry, you are right. Two boat names. I have PofN in my mind because of AP. Brain fart. Have same owner, I believe.
  • KMMKMM Member
    They were both putting in works at Fair Hill in spring of 2014. I don't know whose care they were under there.
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    Yep, Harley Rose is still in training at Belmont. Think she has the same groom as Coz. He's posted pictures with her. Pretty pretty mare.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Can you provide pics or link?
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    They're on his personal FB, so I am not comfortable posting them. You can friend him though - Omar Velez. He really just has headshots of her. Says she is a sweety pie, and she has a super kind eye. Coz absolutely FAWNS over the guy!

Just looked and he has a cute selfie with Zi now too :)