Zenny's Mom, Vertigineux

Comments

• We will certainly hear from American Pharoah. Remember that he is a stallion, and has a far more public status. Anything that effects his ability to breed will (or should be) reported.

Coolmore also allows visitor tours.
  • I think V's remains, unfortunately, have been disposed of, and are probably not available for reburial. Most broodmares, except the most famous, are not buried, especially on site. There are local county health laws, depending on county and state. We have these in MD. Exceptions and permits are granted, on occasion. I don't know about Kentucky local laws and regulations. K
  • Louise,
    I am not a Coolmore fan, but it is possible the family of Eric Kronfeld was contacted and they didn't have the same passion Mr. Kronfeld had for Vertigineux and declinced to take her for burial.
    Just picked up on the recent discussion on the Mom V thread, and wanted to add my congratulation to the memory of the lovely Vertigineux on the win of her granddaughter.

I also wanted to add that my previous concerns about the agreement with the late Eric Kronfeld and Coolmore concerning the burial of V's remains did come to an apparent sad conclusion. When V was sold to Coolmore, I believe she was pregnant with Ebby. I believe Ebby remained the property of Kronfeld with V going to Coolmore. There was a clear understanding that when V died her remains were to be returned to the farm of her birth, and she should be buried next to her dam. If I am not correct with any of this please correct me, but I had a good source, so I believe I am correct with the above account. I really find the actions of Coolmore very upsetting.

I am hoping that when American Pharoah is retired to Coolmore, AP and his present connections are not treated with such disrespect. Will the fans ever hear from AP again?
  • They certainly are an odd farm to be involved with horses that have fans in a profession that seems to depend on fans to a large extent.
    But they aren't in a profession that depends on fans. They are involved with a sport that depends on bettors, which is different. Many bettors are fans as well, but even so it's the gambling aspect of the sport that generates revenue. As a breeding operation, Coolmore also depends on mare owners and potential buyers of bloodstock; that's where their money comes from. As long as their paying clients are happy, they don't have any reason to go out of their way to be responsive to fans.
  • Lauraj, true. It is a money making operation! Not about fans, but about winning horses and betting. Yes, they do want fans, especially those that bet. Let us not shy from this one; horse racing in the end is supported by betting. Purses, special in state breed purses, et al. Let us not kid ourselves, it is all about the $$$. K
  • Did you all know that the co owner of She’s Not Here is St. George the owners of Eblouissante? Looks like St. George has some hopes tied up in the Vertigineux line. Good luck to them.
  • Aren't the two 1/2 Z sibs, Harley Rose and Pressurizing, by Henrythenavigator, owned by an Australian outfit?
  • Her is a list of her foals:

Where's Bailey 2002 mare by Aljabr owned by CFP Thoroughbreds LLC as of 2013
    Balance 2003 mare by Thunder Gulch owned by Cloros Bloodstock as of 2019
    Zenyatta 2004 mare by Street Cry (IRE) owned by Mr. & Mrs. J. S. Moss as of 2020
    Treasure Trail 2006 mare by Pulpit owned by Joseph Allen, LLC as of 2019
    Souper Spectacular 2007 gelding by Giant's Causeway owned by Live Oak Plantation as of 6/14/2012
    Eblouissante 2009 mare by Bernardini owned by Summer Wind Equine as of 2019
    Pressurizing 2010 mare by Henrythenavigator owned by Japanese Breeder as of 2019
    Harley Rose 2011 mare by Henrythenavigator owned by Adena Springs as of 2019
    De Coronado 2013 stallion by Street Cry (IRE) no known owner
  • KMMKMM Member
    Harley Rose has had two foals, 2017 Buff Beauty, filly, and 2019 unnamed Ghostzapper filly.
  • Her is a list of her daughters foals:

Where's Bailey:
    Wonder Gulch 2008 stallion by Thunder Gulch no known owner
    Yattasmokem 2009 mare by Smoke Glacken owned by Magalen O. Bryant as of 2017
    She's Not Here 2011 mare by Street Cry owned by CHC INC as of 2020
    Richmond Street 2013 stallion owned by Milky Way Farm as of 2020

Balance:
    Mr. Besilu 2009 stallion by A.P. Indy owned by Eureka Thoroughbred Farm as of 2020
    Go Nineteen 2010 stallion by Street Cry (IRE) owned by John McCormack Bloodstock as of 2011
    Strike a Balance 2012 gelding by Smart Strike owned by Amerman Racing LLC as of 9/26/2015
    Brooklyn Bobby 2014 stallion by Frankel (GB) owned by Amerman Racing LLC as of 6/30/2018
    Catonabalancebeam 2015 gelding by Kitten's Joy no known owner
    Out of Balance 2016 filly by Kitten's joy owned by Amerman Racing LLC as of 2/17/2020
    Unnamed 2018 colt by Uncle Mo owned by Cloros Bloodstock as of 2018
    Unnamed 2019 colt by Candy Ride owned by Cloros Bloodstock

Zenyatta:
    Cozmic One 2012 gelding owned by the Mosses and Isabella DeSousa as of 2020
    Ziconic 2013 gelding by Tapit owned by Linda Moss as of 2020
    Zellda 2017 filly by Medaglia d'Oro owned by the Moses/Jerry Moss as of 2020

Treasure Trail:
    Terrific Treasure 2011 mare by Street Cry (IRE) owned by Repole Stable, Inc. as of 2020
    Long Island Sound 2013 stallion by War Front owned by Derrick Smith, Mrs John Magnier & Michael Tabor as of 10/13/2017
    Naples Parade 2014 mare by Street Cry (IRE) owned by White Birch Farm, Inc. as of 2019
    Tank Commander 2015 stallion by War Front owned by Dream Walkin Farms, Inc. as of 11/7/2019
    Telemaque 2017 colt by War Front owned by Godolphin as of 2018
    Dame Commander 2018 filly by War Front owned by Heider Family Stables as of 2018
    Fred C. Dobbs 2019 colt by Uncle Mo owned by Joseph Allen, LLC as of 2019

Eblouissante:
    Form A Square (GB) 2016 colt by Oasis Dream (GB) owned by St. George Farm Racing LLC (Banwell) and trained by John Shirreffs as of 1/30/2020
    Unnamed 2017 filly by Dansili (GB) no known owner
    Picadilly Circus 2018 colt by Dubawi (IRE) owned by China Horse Club & Maverick Racing as of 2019
    Sweetened 2019 filly by Candy Ride owned by Summer Wind Farm as of 2019

Pressurizing:
    Dermot 2016 colt by Kitten's Joy owned by CBR Racing as of 4/23/2020
    Precious Girl 2017 filly by Speightstown owned by Hugo Merry Bloodstock as of 2017
    Precious Gold 2018 filly by Speightstown owned by Northern Farm
    Unnamed 2019 colt by Arrogate owned by Japanese Breeder as of 2019

Harley Rose:
    Buff Beauty 2017 filly by Street Sense no known owner
    Unnamed 2018 filly by Street Boss owned by Adena Springs as of 2018
    Unnamed 2019 filly by Ghotzapper owned by Adena Springs as of 2019
  • Thanks for posting Vertigineux's foals and grandfoals, QueenZFan22 . I always wanted to do that and started making notes several years ago, but kept losing my notes and forgetting about it, etc, and just never got around to it. I was going to call it Vertigineux's Legacy. I was also trying to collect pictures of them. Some of the grandfillies have had offspring, too. My favorite names of the offspring are Out of Balance who is a filly out of Balance, and She's Not There out of Where's Bailey. Clever names.
  • I could post some of those pictures, but I don't know how to post under the new system. Someone needs to "walk" me through it, with step by step directions. :p
  • VA_in_CA said:

I could post some of those pictures, but I don't know how to post under the new system. Someone needs to "walk" me through it, with step by step directions. :p

@VA_in_CA were the pics you found on facebook and/or twitter?
  • VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited May 2020
    QueenZFan22: I don't know where I found them. I've had them in my personal pictures file for quite a while. Possibly on facebook, unlikely from twitter, more likely from articles I accessed through my email. I did find some on Vertigineux's facebook page. I also found some via Google.
  • VA_in_CA said:

QueenZFan22: I don't know where I found them. I've had them in my personal pictures file for quite a while. Possibly on facebook, unlikely from twitter, more likely from articles I accessed through my email. I did find some on Vertigineux's facebook page. I also found some via Google.

@Especially_Horses can you help VA?
  • Posting pictures used to be so easy and still is via email or on facebook.
  • Out of Balance is running in Race 7 at Santa Anita in about 10 more minutes today.
  • VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited May 2020
    Out of Balance was the "Best Turned Out." She's a beautiful dark bay filly, like her aunt Zenyatta. She has the same running style, so they say a mile is too short for her. She came in either 7th or 6th of 7. Not so good. Her sire is Kitten's Joy. It was a turf race. The winner, Dogtag, is a gorgeous grey by War Front. Her damsire is Unbridled's Song. Her trainer is R. Mandella. Out of Balance was 6th. (Rats.)
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited January 2021
    Unnamed 2 year old colt by Candy Ride out of Balance (1/2 sister to Zenyatta.) He was a $120,000 RNA at the 2020 Keeneland September Yearling Sale. Here is his equibase page: https://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=10624773&registry=T

Fred C. Dobbs 2 year old colt by Uncle Mo out of Treasure Trail (1/2 sister to Zenyatta.) He was bred by Joseph Allen, LLC. Here is his equibase page: https://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=10617876&registry=T

Unnamed filly by Ghostzapper out of Harley Rose (1/2 sister to Zenyatta.) She was a $270,000 RNA at the 2020 Keeneland September Yearling Sale. Here is her equibase page: https://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=10598344&registry=T
  • Thanks for the posts on the Vertigineux grandkids, QueenZFan22.
  • Another 2 year old from Zenny's female family is She's Gone. She is by Curlin out of She's Not Here (daughter of Zenny's 1/2 sister Where's Baily who is by Street Cry.) She was bought by G. Watts Humphrey Jr. for $200,000 at the 2020 Selected Yearlings Sale. Here is here equibase page. https://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=10593745&registry=T

It's interesting to note that her dam was part owned by G. Watts Humphrey Jr. and St. George Farm Racing LLC (who were Ebby's former owners.) before she was sold to the China Horse Club at the 2016 November Breeding Stock Sale.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Nice diverse group—hope there is some talent there. She’s not Here was a G2 winner, the dam of She’s gone.
  • Also today Scales of Justice a 3 year old colt by Uncle Mo out of Balance rboke his maiden today at Turfway Park. He is trained by Michael McCarthy and owned by Andrew Warren and William Warren Jr. Here is his equibase page: https://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=10440046&registry=T&rbt=TB
    Here is the race replay:
  • KMMKMM Member
    Great trainer who trained City of Light. Same for owners. Great place for him.
  • Replay doesn't work. Checked the horse's pedigree and saw that he has Kris S on both sides of his (sire and dam). He must have the family ears, for sure.