Colorado Fires and Debby

HeidiKHeidiK Member
edited August 2012 in Community & Creativity
I just wanted to have a place that those in the path of this horrific fire, can express their feelings, sights etc.. Also, those that went through Debby! Thank goodness, I only have to worry about earthquakes. Lot's of fun. LOL... Best of luck and God bless everyone that is in the situation of life or death not only for themselves but, for their beloved animals.
I have been praying for rain in that area... I hope the fire can somehow be contained so no more lives are at risk or lost!

Comments

• Hope everyone is safe. My prayers & thoughts are with you.
  • Heidi K.--a few days ago on the horseandman blog, she mentioned the company where people can buy markers to write a horse's name or phone number of the owner on their backs. Pretty cool. Wouldn't be a bad idea for folks to have on hand.
  • cigarcigar Member
    This is Barb. I live in Denver, and we are following the fires closely. In terms of homes lost, the Waldo Canyon fire is the worst,346 lost so far, and unfortunately one person dead. The High Park fire, which was the largest in area, is now 75 percent contained. There are several other fires going as well. It is very sad. Send your prayers and aid if you can. Let us hope we get our yearly rains.
  • cigarcigar Member
    Sorry, should have said seasonal rains.
  • HeidiKHeidiK Member
    barbarawood.... I read that article on the Paulic Report. It's a very good idea!
  • HeidiKHeidiK Member
    Cigar, keep us informed please and stay safe yourself.
  • My grandparents have been keeping tabs on the fires....Looks vicious.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Hope southeast dries out....pray they get Colorado fires under control soon...seem to be making some progress against the fires here in Utah ....yesterday air was grey with smoke ....today better...can at least see the sun...but coughed all night....
  • cigarcigar Member
    We are good, too much pavement in Denver! And, it looks like we are out of the triple digit temperatures. The High Park fire is 100% contained now, Waldo Canyon has 55% containment, they are working hard on that one. Hope to have it completely contained by July 16th. The others are being worked on. Most lightning caused. Hopefully the rains move in soon.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cigarcigar Member
    Well, it worked! We got buckets over the weekend and it is raining now. Pray for the whole state, because there have been crops dying and some places running out of water. Our fires are under control now,we did get smoke from Wyoming. Hopefully this rain will help break the drought.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.