Page Numbers

ZenZ12ZenZ12 Member
edited July 2012 in Tech Support & Tutorials
I have a suggestion for the forum. Could you think about also page numbers at the top of topics so you don't have to scroll to the bottom of each page to see what you haven't read

Comments

• carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    When I open a thread it takes me to the last post I have read...no scrolling...weird that it does not do the same for you
  • I have the same problem. It doesn't show the recent posts first (at the top), and I have to scroll down "forever", to get to the new ones.
  • My problem is even more aggravating. Sometimes it takes me to the last post I have read, other times it seems to come in at a random place. I usually don't realize until I have read a bunch of postings that come to seem familiar, and then I check the date & realize this is one of the random placings.

I think we're all a bit spoiled by modern technology when it seems slower or less efficient than we think we are entitled to have it. For those of us who remember relying on newspapers and snail mail, we may be a bit more tolerant of the "inadequacies" of forums such as this. We should all strive to be less demanding. I remember a time when if you wanted to change the channel on the TV, you had to get up off the couch and walk over to the TV to change the channel. Now I get upset if my remote controller seems sluggish.

Relax. Take time to go outside and smell the flowers.
  • ZenZ12ZenZ12 Member
    I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to sound demanding, I just thought others might like it too as I've seen it on other forums. Va_in_CA.... I do agree with some of what you say...sounds like we are from the same era!!!
  • kyleakylea Administrator
    Hi everyone,

This is something we may look into adding in the future, but it's not planned at the moment. I did recently change the length of the pages (now 25 posts each) in order to limit the amount of scrolling required. I hope that's helpful.

As carolinutah stated, the forum should remember where you left off in each thread and automatically take you to the first new post.
  • I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to sound demanding, I just thought others might like it too as I've seen it on other forums. Va_in_CA.... I do agree with some of what you say...sounds like we are from the same era!!!
    Sorry, maybe I was too harsh. Meant no offense. I feel sorry for the younger generation(s) who have never known the world with better manners and fewer people in it. On the other hand our air and water pollution was much worse, so I guess it's a trade-off. I'm 73. Same era?