SHADES OF ZENYATTA!

Ann_MareeAnn_Maree Member
I'm always looking for horses still racing that give me a glimpse of Zenyatta. Today was a very special treat with a filly racing in the UK. She is a KY bred, racing in the Godolphin colors. Today at Newmarket, Saturday, Aug. 11, in the third race, CERTIFY, a 2-yr old filly burst through the middle of the pack and won going away. See if you don't think she reminds you of Zenyatta, with her white Zenyatta-like blaze, her white shadow roll, and her determination to maintain her advantage over the hot-pursuing filly, Sky Lantern, who got no closer than Certify's tail! Here's a link to view the race video at Racing UK:

http://www1.skysports.com/racing/results/video/516785/newmarket/11-08-2012/german-thoroughbred-com-sweet-solera-stakes

Here's the write-up at Racing UK.

Certify is a KY bred 2 yr old filly.

"The Godolphin representative had made an impressive winning debut over the same course last month and showed a smart turn of foot to settle matters at the furlong pole here.

"At that point the strong-travelling Sky Lantern (2-1) came through to challenge but she was soon booked for second spot, a length adrift at the line.

"Reyaadah (8-1) didn't have the clearest of passages through the race and was a further two-and-three-quarter lengths behind.

"Sky Bet were impressed and cut Certify to 14-1 (from 20s) for next year's QIPCO 1000 Guineas.

"Certify is now likely to step up to a mile for the May Hill Stakes at Doncaster - a race Godolphin have won for the last two years - on September 14.

"Racing manager Simon Crisford told www.godolphin.com: "I was really delighted with how Certify won today.

"She's likely to step up to a mile now, and we'll look at the May Hill Stakes at Doncaster for her next start."

Would love to see any videos you have of horses with Zen-yatta-like qualities!

Comments