Could you add....

BigMareFanBigMareFan Member
edited March 2012 in Tech Support & Tutorials
I was wondering if there could be a "spell check" button added. I am such a lousy speller. Just a thought.

Comments

• And a way to add photos...I have a few of Zen I wouldn't mind sharing. It would be cool to have font options too if possible...just a thought
  • Oh, yes how to upload video - other than on Z's FB! Thank you!
  • yes how do we upload photo's on here? thanks
  • How about an artists corner?
  • The site accepts HTML markup language, so for videos you can share in any of the ways that the video allows. In YouTube, you can share a link, or you can copy the html so that the video is displayed in the comment box. Works nicely...check a couple of the other discussions here and you will see some that have been added this way.
  • Ann_Maree, you are a small black box. Is this cryptic? LOL
  • kyleakylea Administrator
    Videos are actually embedded automatically in these comments. All you have to do is paste the link from YouTube or Vimeo. It couldn't be easier ;)
  • How about photos? If we link to a photo on another website (for example a photo I have posted on my blog) will it embed in the comments?
  • Any hope of getting an alphabetical "list" of those who have joined the forum (sort of like a directory)? Then if we wanted to get in touch with someone, we wouldn't have to try to remember which discussion we saw them in. Maybe the "Who's Who" discussion could be sorted in alphabetical order of user names?
    edited March 2012
    In order to post images you have to be comfortable with some simple HTML. The HTML I used for this image is below. I added a space between < and img in order to force it to display as text. Remove that space and replace the URL with your own, and you can post an image. You can click "Preview" in the comment box before you post. If you see your photo in the preview box, your HTML and URL are correct.

< img src="http://www.zenyatta.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/zen5a-620x458-220x200.jpg">
    Any hope of getting an alphabetical "list" of those who have joined the forum (sort of like a directory)? Then if we wanted to get in touch with someone, we wouldn't have to try to remember which discussion we saw them in. Maybe the "Who's Who" discussion could be sorted in alphabetical order of user names?
    This is a good idea. We'll see if it's something we can add in the future.
  • Is there any way to get a button or a link that marks all discussions read?
    Is there any way to get a button or a link that marks all discussions read?
    Yes, we'll be adding that soon.
  • Is there any way to get a button or a link that marks all discussions read?

Yes, we'll be adding that soon.
    Excellent.
  • KetaKeta Member
    If we write a comment and realize that is either a duplicate or change our mind about posting it, we need a Cancel button.
    It could be at the top next to Preview and Save Draft.
    Thanks for all you are doing to build and guide us through.
    edited March 2012
    ^ Keta, if you want to delete a draft without publishing, you can do that from the My Drafts tab, which is visible when you're viewing all discussions (but only if you have saved drafts). There's an X that pops up when you hover over the top right corner, allowing you to delete your draft.
  • In order to post images you have to be comfortable with some simple HTML. The HTML I used for this image is below. I added a space between < and img in order to force it to display as text. Remove that space and replace the URL with your own, and you can post an image. You can click "Preview" in the comment box before you post. If you see your photo in the preview box, your HTML and URL are correct.

< img src="http://www.zenyatta.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/zen5a-620x458-220x200.jpg">
    Thanks! I'll try it soon!
  • Is there any way we can have a "reply" button as on the diary, instead of the quote option? Maybe I just need to get used to this way.
    edited March 2012
    ^ The forum uses the Quote feature instead of a Reply button so that all comments stay in the order that they are posted. You'll see how helpful this is once some threads become very long. It's easy to jump to the end and read new content. With a Reply button you might have to read through pages and pages of a discussion and try to figure out what's new to you.
  • Never having posted on the Diary, this way of doing things didn't bother me. Now that I read this explanation, I really appreciate being able to do replies this way. You are so clever to think of things to make this Forum work better for us, even before we realize there is a problem. Thanks.
  • VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited March 2012
    ^ The forum uses the Quote feature instead of a Reply button so that all comments stay in the order that they are posted. You'll see how helpful this is once some threads become very long. It's easy to jump to the end and read new content. With a Reply button you might have to read through pages and pages of a discussion and try to figure out what's new to you.
    Kyle,

Could you post this explanation on the other "technical threads" like "Reply Button" so we find this wonderful clear explanation on other logical threads? I wrote the comment above (2:48 pm) but forgot to click on "post comment" and clicked "back to discussions" and realized that I hadn't seen my comment posted. Took me awhile to find it again because I couldn't remember which thread I was on. Thanks.

I also love having the "Back to Discussions" feature. Very convenient.

Virginia
  • ^ The forum uses the Quote feature instead of a Reply button so that all comments stay in the order that they are posted. You'll see how helpful this is once some threads become very long. It's easy to jump to the end and read new content. With a Reply button you might have to read through pages and pages of a discussion and try to figure out what's new to you.
    Ok thanks for the explanation. Not sure if I get all of this, but I'll try to work it out. Thank you for your patience with the technically impaired.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Kylea,
    what is the reason for the lag in time in posting new information & photos on the Blog?
    Fans are concerned.
    Of course, one major worry is that the Blog will disappear the way the Diary did.
    We all are very grateful to the Mosses and to Dottie and to you for all you are
    doing to update and maintain this site.
    Perhaps, our expectation have been raised to unrealistic levels by the daily Diary post.

If an Update schedule was established on the Blog and announced, it would ease the
    concerns.
    For example: Blog updates will be every Tuesday morning.

As racing fans, we do know that this is an exceptionally busy time of year.
    Thanks, Keta
  • KetaKeta Member
    Kylea,
    Could you put a Top-of-Page button at the bottom of the Comments are in the Blog?
    It would help.
    Thanks
  • You can easily go to the top of the page by using your keyboard and hitting Ctrl + Home. Similarly you can reach the bottom of the page with Ctrl + End. Home and End are just above the Delete between the Qwerty letters etc, and the numbers. Clicking Back to Discussions below the Write Comment box takes you back to the "Table of Contents"-type list of discussions. Hope this helps.
    Virginia