Sorry

edited September 2012 in General Interest
Let me explain, I am on here pretty much 24/7 because I can't go to regular public school (for medical reasons I'd rather not go into) so I type A LOT of comments. Unfortunately most of them are more annoying than insightful, especially when I'm really hyper (because of A.D.D.) so please forgive me =( I love all you guys and think you're all great! First people I've talked to who love horseracing and don't think it's an evil sport.

Comments

• You have never annoyed me and I think I've read all of your blogs and talked to you a couple of dozen times in private discussions, like you told me once no apology necessary. You have a youthful exuberance for life, more power to you. Keep up the good work.
  • Thank you Cathy ^.^ That means a lot.
  • cathycathy Member
    edited September 2012
    Why, it's only the truth, if you annoyed me I would have told you privatly to knock it off, or tone it down. You know me I tell it like it is, even if people don't want to hear it, maybe we are a lot alike even with are age difference.
  • Kiddo, don't be too hard on yourself. In case you don't know by now, horse people are the most accepting people in the world. Keep up the good work - you've done nothing to anyone.
  • @Cathy.....Actually I agree! And I think especially today I have been extremely hyper-happy....Probably because of hearing Paynter has gone out grazing....Just can't get over that!

@lovehorses......I know, but sometimes I can be kind of ignorant and arrogant which is why I'm apologizing.
  • The other thing I meant to tell you, keep reading and learning about horses. There are a lot of people on this blog that are really educated about horses, in particular race horses. People that have been around them all their lives. I can tell you want to learn about these things. Read all the blogs, even the ones that don't seem that interesting. That's where you'll find the treasures. Learn to listen to what others are saying, and don't comment if you don't really know about the subject matter. But in every instance, your delight in horses comes through, so don't worry anymore about annoying people. You're one of us. And we all had to start somewhere, even us late comers. Love you!
  • Don't worry Ruffian, I love your posts and envy your youth and outlook on life! You have great posts and great and fun passion for life and also some of the best worst names ever!! Keep doing what you are doing. It works!
  • edited September 2012
    Aw, thank you! ^^ It's really heartwarming to know there are still people like you guys on the planet.
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    RR12- I totally get the ADD thing.... and remember, there are no dumb questions. And also, NO one, nope no one, knows everything there is to know about horses. Or, as I told an old cowboy once "the more I learn about horses, the less I know about them"
  • Well we've all apologized now, lovehorses and RR12 yours have been received much better than mine was, only because a certain member decided she was the member I was talking about, when in reality she wasn't. Just goes to show you, I don't think any of us have to apologize unless members contact you personally, which is what happened to me, other than that say what is on your mind and in your heart. We are in America, speaking your mind is part of our God given right, and don't ever let anyone tell you different.
  • I wish I could meet you guys in person! You all sound like really nice people ^^
  • I would like that too, and who knows, maybe someday we'll all meet up. In the meantime, we are lucky to be able to share ideas, laughs, tears, and everything in between, as well as learn about our beloved equine friends. I always felt funny about talking about horses all the time; my friends thought it was odd sometimes, I'm sure. So I kept quiet when I really wanted to talk about the animals I had come to love so dearly. Imagine my delight when the Zenyatta blog came along. There are always going to be people who aren't going to "get" you. That's ok. There are plenty of people who will, and that's the friendships you need to cultivate.
  • I suddenly have an idea (mad genius authorness at work here)..Remember my story I did on 12Z and Jess's Dream? What if I did a story where Jess's Dream (or "King Alexander" in the story) manages to be in the same hospital as Paynter? Interesting...No?
  • I also felt funny talking about horses in my teen years until I started getting written up in our local paper about all the Championships my horses and I were winning not to mention the fact that I was Invited to the QH Youth World Championships because I was Top 10 in the Nation, man my popularity increased at school all of a sudden all the cheerleaders and team sports members wanted to be my friend. Like I was stupid or something, like I believed their interest was genuine. I had a lot of friends who were horse owners or lovers and their genuine interest and happiness meant more to me than the "in crowd" so to speak.
  • I was never interested in being popular. If it was up to me I would devote my entire life to horses, and ONLY horses....A lot of my friends think that weird lol
  • I didn't come to my obsession until I was in my 60's. I was living in Florida; had no family there; my husband had passed away. I had friends and a good job, but I was lonely and depressed. Horses got me out of myself, and into their world. They helped me overcome my sadness and loneliness. I was always interested in them, and followed them when the big races were on, but I became so involved with learning about them, that I got better. Winston Churchill said it best: "there's something about the outside of a horse, that's good for the inside of a man." Or, as in my case, a woman. This blog is where I can indulge my love of the horse, by talking to people who understand, and feel the same way. Cathy, bravo to your success. Do you still ride? I like quarter horses too.
  • Sorry I can no longer ride, I'm disabled and need a double hip replacement, walking is a chore, riding would pretty much kill me. I still visit a couple of QH stables in the area and help were I can, but the showing and riding aspect is pretty much done for.
  • edited September 2012
    I have SEVERE depression....But I always felt happiest around horses. I've loved them ever since I was a little girl, when I first started visiting a Clydesdale farm in Oklahoma where I lived at the time. I remember how big and strong they were, and how soft their noses were. As for horse racing, I got into it at a very young age as well, when my grampa would tell me stories of greats like Secretariat, Seattle Slew, Man O' War.... I used to sit there and imagine myself riding one of them, galloping as free as the wind blows. And that's what I do till this day, when I have a favorite horse, I picture myself on the horse. But it is sad that those tales my grampa used to tell me about horses that seemed of supernatural power to me....I'll never see in my lifetime.
  • Well. Cathy, that's too bad. But at least you can go to a couple of QH stables and help. Someday I'm going to retire for good, and I hope I can go help out either at an equine medical facility, or a stable. You can always go to shows too. Do you like dressage? If you like, look up "dancing blue horse Matinee". Trust me, you'll be blown away. I'm 73 and have some mobility problems also, but I still work full-time in a job that doesn't require much physicality. RR12, no, you'll never see those horses, but there are so many that are wonderful today. As for the older ones, the ones that had great careers, and are still alive, its great to study up on them too. I can recommend lots of books about them if you'd like, or just about horses in general.
  • I think it's interesting that both Secretariat and Man O' Wars barn name was Big Red, I think S should be called BR2. Man O' War was the original and when ever I hear the name Big Red I think of him. Hey lovehorses I owned and showed horses for over 30yrs, I have no regrets nor any wish to continue in that cutthroat world, it became a not if you had the best horse, but more of a who you knew and not what you rode.
  • @lovehorses that's why I love A.P. Indy so much, because to me...He is a great. I wish I could see him so much but my parents would never allow it in a million years because of how "stupid" such a trip would be.
  • I can understand that, Cathy, and if you owned them and showed them for 30 years I can understand why you wouldn't want to go to shows either, even as a spectator. I wasn't suggesting you own them and show them as a way of enjoying them. Just thought you'd enjoy a YouTube video of a dressage horse show. You're also right about Big Red (Man O' War). I do the same thing, when someone says Big Red, I think of Man O' War first, even tho Secretariat was such a brilliant copper color, it's hard not to imagine him as Big Red. Big Red 2, as you said.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I like seeing such excitement and happiness in a teenager and there is nothing wrong with horses being the "thing" that brings the excitement out.. If your depression is so severe that it hinders your everyday life, then I am glad that this forum helps you to find friends that loves horses to make everyday special to you.
    I like your posts .............