Awesome Feather

EriNCEriNC Member
edited September 2012 in General Interest
Is now 10 for 10 lifetime starts, could she get 20?

Comments

• at this point im happy for her to get the ladies classic. it will be her first one, she missed it in 2011 due to her injury. her trainer and new owners are doing really good to her letting her take her time.
  • My Happy Face worked 5f in 1:03, raked 28/30 at aqueduct
  • I have 5 two year olds I watching, he's had enough, my happy face, know more, Kauai Katie, and dreaming of Julia.
  • im watching all of those too, well plus more lol, except for Kauai Katie and dreaming of Julia
  • i have: Awesome Feather, Creative Cause, Curlamorous (by curlin, she had a nice win a few weeks back), Hes Had Enough, Junebugred (racing tomorrow in PA derby), just added Kauai Katie, Kinz Funky Monkey (daughter of Green Monkey shes his first winner), Know More, My Happy Face, Rose To Gold, Stanwyck, Sway Away (trying to find out what happened to him), Willy Beamin, and Winding Way.
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited September 2012
    Nasty Storm Stakes at Belmont September 20, 2012
    Awesome Feather wins easily.
    12 lengths 1:33.2
    SHE IS BACK!!
  • Here is the race video
    “Wow” – Awesome Feather – 2012 Nasty Storm Stakes

• She just might be our next supermare...Not holding my breath though.
  • David Grening DRF tweet on Awesome Feather--Going to Ladies Classic
    C. Brown said Awesome Feather, who got a 108 Beyer for Thursday's win,
    came out of race well and will train at Belmont for Ladies Classic
  • so excited for this years breeders cup races, very good horses entered
  • Awesome Feather On Go for Ladies' Classic
    By Blood-Horse Staff Updated: Friday, September 21, 2012 2:28 PM
    ndefeated champion Awesome Feather returned from her victory in the Sept. 20 Nasty Storm overnight stakes at Belmont Park in fine condition, reported trainer Chad Brown, and will train up to the Nov. 2 Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
    "She was good this morning," Brown said of the 4-year-old Awesome of Course filly, who earned a 108 Beyer speed figure for her 11 1/4-length victory in the Nasty Storm. "She was definitely sharp off a layoff, but switched off nicely. They were rolling up front; the pace was fast enough where she wouldn't necessarily be pulling."
    Brown said that owner Frank Stronach was very happy at the race result.
    "He said, 'Great job, just do whatever you think is right with the horse. It would be wonderful if you could make Santa Anita, but put the filly first,'" said Brown. "So I'm going to continue to do that. Hopefully, she keeps herself in good order and is nice and healthy and sound and we'll bring her to Santa Anita."
    The 2010 Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies champion had been training at Saratoga Race Course but will remain at Belmont to prepare for the 1 1/8-mile Ladies' Classic, said Brown. Awesome Feather trained at the downstate New York oval prior to her score in the 2011 Gazelle Stakes (gr. I).
    "She's trained well here, she knows her way around," Brown said. "With the weather, I'm going to leave her here. It's a little warmer here."

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/72976/awesome-feather-on-go-for-ladies-classic#ixzz278E6l9LB
  • Is now 10 for 10 lifetime starts, could she get 20?
    This is such a great filly. So glad that you started this Discussion.
    Her accomplishments can get easily lost in all the other news.
    Keta

• Eric Hamelback‏ tweet
    Great story on Team Adena's, Awesome Feather, BC Ladies
    http://www.michaelwcompton.com/news/awesome-feather-target-bc-ladies-classic
  • My Miss Aurelia made it 6 for 6 lifetime yesterday, out running questing.
  • @EriNC

Do you know what notes mean in the app Horse Races NOW in the work out updates? Kinz Funky Monkey got a note with the letter "h".
  • Turfway park race 2, the grey looked like a rabbit running down the stretch with those ears xD
  • @EriNC

Do you know what notes mean in the app Horse Races NOW in the work out updates? Kinz Funky Monkey got a note with the letter "h".
    I didn't but here is a link that explains workouts including what the notes mean.
    http://helloracefans.com/handicapping/patterns/you-better-work/
  • Can't wait for the Breeders' Cup races!