EXECUTIVEPRIVILEGE . . . A Star Is Born?

markinsacmarkinsac Member
edited October 2012 in Thoroughbred Racing & Sales
At Santa Anita this past Saturday, the most impressive performance was done by a undefeated 2-year-old filly. Her name is EXECUTIVEPRIVILIGE. Saturday she won by 6 lengths making her career record 5 wins in 5 starts. Rafael Bejarano rode her and Bob Baffert trains her.

Some things to consider here: Her time wasn't all that fast, a half-second slower than the 2-year-old boys. However, that could be a good thing in one respect, she didn't have to overexert herself, saving something for the Breeders' Cup. She didn't face any real good rivals. Her main competitor got scratched. She won her prep over the Santa Anita track, a home-track advantage that will work well in the BC. After coming from behind in her previous 4 starts, Bejarano sped her to the lead, where she coasted to victory. That is significant if the track on BC day comes up favoring the front runners or she's versatile, she can also stalk or come from behind.

In this video of the Chandelier Stakes, she's #7 and will go straight to the lead.

Looking good, the jockey rode her perfectly, saving the best for next month!

Comments

• We seem to be having alot of outstanding performances lately by the fillies. Its making up for what we lost in the Triple Crown trail
  • This is her previous race run a month earlier, the Grade 1 Del Mar Debutante. Watch how she will go very wide the whole race, while her main rival will save ground and get a clean trip on the rail. EXECUTIVEPRIVILIGE will be the #8 horse:

• Well Rachel, I don't want to get too high on this young gal. But Baffert is known to excel with 2- and 3-year-olds.

BTW, the owners paid $650,000 for her. It's looking like a great investment.
  • Yea your right, havent seen a horse with him keep racing too long after that, but cheers to the fillies
  • Well, win next month in the BC Juvenile Fillies, then she's the unanamous 2-Y-O champ. Then it's rest time, I doubt he'll go for the Hollywood Starlet. Then a very interesting 3-year-old campaign.
  • She really looked good in the chandelier Stakes; like she didn't even break a sweat. I like how Bejharano(?) never touched her with his stick, not even once. Coming down the stretch she was just loping along. She did that all on her own. Way to go little sister! I'm glad for Bob Baffert; he's got some good horses in his barn.
  • This may be a bit premature, but I think another filly is going to win Horse of the Year. The fillies have shined this year while the colts have fallen by the wayside. I couldn't even begin to tell you what filly would be HOY. Amongst the colts, I think turf star Point of Entry and dual classic winner I'll Have Another are the frontrunners for HOY. As always, it's just my opinion.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My Miss Aurelia or Royal Delta have great chances. But they need to win and have Game On Dude lose. If Game On Dude takes the Breeders' Cup Classic, he's Horse of the Year, no question about it.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited October 2012
    speaking of breeders cup races, filly and mare sprint has been moved to saturdays race card and the marathon has been moved fridays race card. oh and the oak tree has been renamed Twilight Stakes =/

http://www.drf.com/news/breeders’-cup-shifts-marathon-filly-and-mare-sprint
  • So many name changes though, its starting to confuse me. Hard to keep up with, i knew which race was what coming up not that many years ago and now its like huh what race is this? Might as well rename the breeders cup mile to the Goldikova
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited October 2012
    i know! i totally agree. i mean it wasnt even that long ago things were organized and not confusing. i feel like ima need a form just to watch TVG during stakes races to keep up with the race names LOL. i know horse racing is subject to change but dang not THIS much.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited October 2012
    like for example...i thought the John Henry was a new race on turf...it was the Clement Hirsh

im all for john henry being remembered via stakes race, nothing wrong with that.
  • Let's just change every stakes race to The Zenyatta Stakes 1, Zenyatta Stakes 2, etc
  • as much as i love zenyatta even i would have to say no to that lol xD
  • RACHEL (the horse): Thank you Rachel, us Rachels need to stick together. And I agree, "Polytrack Prince" is so fitting!
  • If Royal Delta wins out, she could be nominated for HOY. Yes, Game On Dude would have to lose for her to have a shot at becoming the 4th female HOY in a row. One can hope.
  • RACHEL (the horse): Thank you Rachel, us Rachels need to stick together. And I agree, "Polytrack Prince" is so fitting!
    LOL! Love it
  • I still think it will be Kauai Katie she has had more race experience, and has always won by 5-6 lengths.