Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies

EriNCEriNC Member
edited October 2012 in Thoroughbred Racing & Sales
I have to say that this is the breeders cup race I am most excited about.
For sure we have Kauai Katie, don't know about Dreaming of Julia
since they are owned by the same farm. I would like to see My Happy Face, and may be
Executiveprivilege. It is definitely going to be an interesting race!

Comments

• carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Agreed
  • I was thinking the same thing. And don't forget Dreaming of Sophie too. If all of them go on, this would likely be the best race of the BC.
  • I just wasn't impressed with Dreaming of Julia's Frizzete stakes efffort. Did that take too much out of her and now she has to ship west?

She really looked tired after this race. We'll see . . .
  • My Happy Face wanted her to work for it, shes had it easy up until now. I could understand if it was a photo finish but i could see who won that race before it became official. She fought back could have become intimidated but she didnt. Two impressive fillies that were well away from the rest of them down the stretch im sure it had to make both of them tired.
  • By comparisons, Dreaming of Julia did her last quarter mile in 26.6, Shanghai Bobby did his in 24.3
  • What is up with times? I never really understood about the times. Like what are the standards the times are based on for how fast a horse should run a race? Been watchin horse racing for a long time now and i still have ALOT to learn lol
  • If she does ship west, somehow I doubt it. Yes she is a really good filly, but stonestreet owns both Dreaming of Julia, and Kauai Katie; both undefeated. Why would they set it up so that one would be defeated?
  • If she does ship west, somehow I doubt it. Yes she is a really good filly, but stonestreet owns both Dreaming of Julia, and Kauai Katie; both undefeated. Why would they set it up so that one would be defeated?
    Your right, they at one point were both entered in the same race but one of them was scratched because barbara felt that they are individually unique and she wanted them both to have their own races
  • Somewhere along those lines
  • Also I don't believe Julia would because Katie is already out west, and wouldn't it be too soon for her to race again?
  • There's this thing called the "Eclipse Awards". Any horse who wins a divisional championship is worth much more on the breeding farm. Having two entries instead of one makes sense to me. Plus maybe one of their jocks could try to soften up Executiveprivlege, setting it up for the other. It's been known to happen, and it's racing strategy, I don't have a problem with it.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    julia definitely coming...article on drf..i think...but will they run in the same race? she and katie?
  • Daily Racing Form tweet 12 Win-and-You're-In races

DRF's Breeders' Cup Challenge page has results and video replays of this year's
    BC 12 Win and You're In races

http://www.drf.com/events/breeders-cup-2012-challenge
  • Santa Anita: Gervinho earns shot at Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf
    By Steve Andersen
    ARCADIA, Calif. – Gervinho is bound for the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf on Nov. 3 after winning the Zuma Beach Stakes at Santa Anita on Monday.
    His stablemate Winding Way, a stakes-winning female sprinter at Del Mar, will pass the Breeders’ Cup after her first loss Sunday.
    That was the approach trainer Carla Gaines envisioned Monday for early November.
    Gervinho, ridden by Rafael Bejarano, overcame losing his footing on the turn to close furiously through the stretch and win the one-mile Zuma Beach in his first start on turf and first start longer than 5 1/2 furlongs.
    “I thought he wasn’t going to run a step because his head came up,” trainer Carla Gaines said of the incident on the turn. “He’s got a beautiful stride.”
    Owned by California Horse Racing Board chairman Keith Brackpool, Gervinho won a maiden special weight race for California-breds over 5 1/2 furlongs at Del Mar on Sept. 3 in his first start. The BC Juvenile Turf is “the hope and the aim,” Brackpool said, leaving the winner’s circle.
    Winding Way will not start in the BC Filly and Mare Sprint after her disappointing performance as the 3-10 favorite in the L.A. Woman Stakes. Ridden by Bejarano, Winding Way was last throughout and was never a factor in the stretch. It was her first loss in four starts.
    Gaines said that Winding Way may not start on a dirt track in future races.
    “I’m not running in the Breeders’ Cup,” she said.
    Instead, Winding Way may start on a synthetic track or turf, she said.
    http://www.drf.com/news/santa-anita-gervinho-earns-shot-breeders-cup-juvenile-turf
  • Poor winding way, i wonder what was up with her. Her last start was really good