Royal Delta

Royal Delta has been cross-entered in the Breeders Cup Ladies Classic and the Classic. I hope they go to the Classic!
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/73771/royal-delta-cross-entered-in-classic

Comments

• hmmm im not sure, she went against the boys in the dubai world cup and didnt win it so idk how she would handle the boys again this time
  • not knocking her just think she would have a better chance in the ladie's classic. its definitely a tough decision
  • I would like to see her run against the boys, I think she can handle them. Also adds interest to the race. The Mosses gave Zenyatta the chance, RD deserves it too.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    In Dubai she looked all sweaty and did not do her best....
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    I agree Pati....if they chose the Classic and she stepped hoof on the track and looked dry...as much as I love some of those boys...they easily could be toast
  • I think she should be given every chance and she should run against the boys again. This could be a prep for another Dubai world cup run too. She wouldn't have to rely on Game on Dude losing the classic to have a chance at HOY; she could just go ahead and beat him herself.
  • Royal Delta pre-entered to Classic and Ladies' Classic
    Updated: Monday, October 22, 2012 5:58 PM
    Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 5:09 PM

Champion Royal Delta has been pre-entered to both the Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic and the Classic versus males, Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott told Daily Racing Form Monday. The winner of last year's Ladies' Classic listed a title defense as her first preference, with the Classic as a secondary alternative.

Owner Benjamin Leon, who purchased Royal Delta for $8.5 million at Keeneland a few days after her 2011 Ladies' Classic triumph, wanted to keep all options on the table.
    "He just wants to be in position to have the option if at the last minute we change our mind, if there were a bunch of defections out of the Classic," Mott told DRF
    Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/73774/royal-delta-pre-entered-to-classic-and-ladies-classic#ixzz2A4HMmrAG
  • It really would snag her as a good candidate for HOY honors if she beat the boys including game on dude since this is his home track and does so well at santa anita. But im still a bit hesitant about that.
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    I think the Ladies Classic has a deeper field than the Classic- so many of the contenders have been retired. I would love to see Richard's Kid beat Game On Dude for personal reasons. Ricardo is a love bug now, but he wasn't always. It will be interesting to see
  • I think the Ladies Classic has a deeper field than the Classic- so many of the contenders have been retired. I would love to see Richard's Kid beat Game On Dude for personal reasons. Ricardo is a love bug now, but he wasn't always. It will be interesting to see
    I totally agree the LC is a much tougher field.

• I agree totally, I think RD has a great chance to win the BCC. The girls are going to be tough this year. I always think of the sport in general and what will generate viewers; the cachet of a girl taking on the boys always gets the media buzz. I only want all of them to be safe, of course. Fortune favors the bold, in this case, as it did for Zenyatta.
  • honestly i just cant wait for november 4th and 5th to get here. im excited to see the winner whoever they may be. ladies classic is turning out to have the same excitement as the kentucky derby did for me, maybe even better? its wide open
  • Breeders' Cup‏ tweet
    Big congrats to jockey Mike Smith! W/ a win on Royal Delta in Ladies' Classic,
    Mike is now winningest jockey in @BreedersCup history!
  • Alex Brown‏ AlexBrownRacing tweet
    Royal Delta, wow. Wire to wire.
    Has to be horse of the year!!
  • Lane's End Farm on Facebook
    ‎1-2 in Ladies' Classic as Royal Delta, whose broodmare sire is A.P. Indy, is just stunning with her wire-to-wire win
    while Smart Strike's champion, My Miss Aurelia, gets the second spot.
    Well done ladies!
    And, Mineshaft's Hightail, winner of the Juv. Sprint.
  • Seeing her in person yet again up close before, during, and after the race was such an incredible experience. I was moved to tears. Here's a quick blog about Breeders' Cup Friday: http://pastthegrandstand.blogspot.com/2012/11/breeders-cup-2012-friday.html
  • i was rooting for her to win it
  • hope awesome feather is alright after the race, she looked like she was just tired
  • Royal Delta's victory was awesome to watch! She is such a beautiful lady. Another big, strapping girl; like the Queen. I think she may be a little blockier than Zenyatta.
  • thats the best ive seen royal delta look. the way she had her head held high when mike smith brought her back to the grandstand to go into the winner's circle reminded me of zenyatta. it was like she was trying to channel her in that moment
  • Thanks for the visuals. Being a big RD fan, I'm sad I will never get to see that winner's circle moment unless someone knows of a link to a video. I saw the race replay on DRF.
  • If anyone missed any of the Breeder Cup races or would like to see them again,
    The Breeder Cup site has them all-by day and by race.
    It is easy to naviage and very well done
    http://www.breederscup.com/
    Enjoy!
    Keta