Just Wanted to Say a BIG Thanks!

edited March 2012 in General Interest
I'm actually pretty new to the racing part of the equine world (Zenyatta, Black Caviar, and Delineator where what got me into it) and I didn't know much about the horses, or how the horses race or how racing takes place....Thanks to all of you on this forum thing I am no much more knowledgable of horse racing...I hear about a racehorse, I immediately go to Google and Google their name and learn all about them! Thank you!

Comments

• ZnotLast, another great place to get information on racing and the horse.....bloodhorse.com and drf.com
  • Ooooh yeah I've heard about bloodhorse...I'll deffinately look into it.
  • Another one is Exclusively Equine. Not sure which books they still have in book form but I think most have been Kindled by now.

Sure some of the greats have been geldings--Kelso, John Henry and Forego. But you learn about the people involved and then when they get another great horse you begin to tie things together.

One book that I ADORED as a kid is by M A Stoneridge. It was called Greatest Horses of our Time. While not entirely accurate in places--you do learn names and places. Another way to tie it all together. Sadly I think it's pretty expensive used and not sure if there'll ever Kindle it.
  • Another good source: Thoroughbred Times (thoroughbredtimes.com)
  • Thanks you guys ^^
  • Frankly, I was pretty disappointed when the Blood-Horse magazine missed a great opportunity to thrill their readers with a cover photo of Zenyatta and her foal this past week. This is the greatest race mare ever and they gave her a 1/4 page mention.

Zenyatta deserves much more than that after her popularity has brought a huge boost to the Thoroughbred racing industry. Come on Blood-Horse, you can do it!!!