PLEASE: MORE NEWS ABOUT ZENYATTA

Abigail_1849Abigail_1849 Member
edited December 2012 in Tech Support & Tutorials
I would like to see more recent photos of Zenyatta and news about her. The blog posts are excellent, of course. But I miss my girl!!!!!

Comments

• I miss her, too. When do we get to start pacing again? That will be fun.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • so what is she due in march again or feb sometime? rachel alexandra should be due in 2 months or sooner. baby bernie and baby tapit, what joy ^.^ then we got momma V's baby to look forward to afterwards. so much excitement i cant take it.
  • i miss the blog updates :(
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    I miss her, too. When do we get to start pacing again? That will be fun.
    hi louise....i am going to start PACING PACING PACING... on new years day....i have told myself to wait til then....but its hard
  • I'll start pacing around then too. SO hoping for a grey...Any color is good. But a grey Z13 would light up my day every time I saw it!
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    A grey filly.....my personal choice...but anyone Z chooses to present us with will be loved and cherished
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Carol. I'm wishing for a grey filly, too. What fun. Of course, like you all, I will love whatever Mama Z has! I will start pacing on New Year's day, too. Can't wait!
  • Hope Z and RA both have fillies this time. As long as they are fillies, I'll take any color. But I do love the grays.
  • Her mom produced predominately fillies....Perhaps she will do the same?
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    Her mom produced predominately fillies....Perhaps she will do the same?
    the sex of the foal is the stallion's decision, not the mare.
  • True.... Still hoping for a filly!
  • Me too; me too! Hoping for a lovely gray girl from Zenny. I know Stonestreet checks for sex on a foal check and I thinik RA was to have a filly. Anybody know for sure on that?
  • Me too; me too! Hoping for a lovely gray girl from Zenny. I know Stonestreet checks for sex on a foal check and I thinik RA was to have a filly. Anybody know for sure on that?
    Yes, Rachel is having a filly by Bernardini.

• I hope the Zen has a little girl. And Rachel too. A gray would be spectacular. I hope Vertigineaux has a boy. I'd like to see what a brother to Zenny would be like. Anyway, its all coming soon, and what a great way to start the New Year. All these pregnant ladies, and lots of babies to look forward too.
  • And speaking of Zenny, I miss her too. While I think she'd be the first to say, "that's ok, it shouldn't be all about me", I miss that it isn't all about her, and I wish there was more to talk about specifically related to Zenny. So I think that this is a good thing; for a little while it can be about Zenyatta, and her baby, and her one to come.
  • I agree lovehorses, so many brilliant babies to look forward too! Especially V's foal, a full sibling to Zenyatta is a gift I'm simply overjoyed she is giving. I really hope it's a boy, with a boy and a girl, they will make a pair! Not to say that the other ones aren't just as exciting, it's just....Not being into racing during Zenyatta's reign really makes me feel like I completely missed out on her. By the time I got back into racing, she was retired and in foal. Which is a shame really, because now I won't be able to get regular real-time updates on her.
  • VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited December 2012
    I think they'll provide more updates on Zenyatta as the time nears for the delivery of her new foal. On the one hand, I'm anxiously awaiting that day (& also the start of baseball season soon after), but on the other hand, I've reached the age where I don't want to wish any days away or speed up time in any ways. It'll go fast enough as it is.
  • I think they'll provide more updates on Zenyatta as the time nears for the delivery of her new foal. On the one hand, I'm anxiously awaiting that day (& also the start of baseball season soon after), but on the other hand, I've reached the age where I don't want to wish any days away or speed up time in any ways. It'll go fast enough as it is.
    Oh my gosh, I know exactly what you mean. It is fun looking forward to exciting events, but time is going by WAY too fast for me! Ugh, I hate that about getting "older".
  • To be clear I am not claiming any of the following as fact, just old horsemens' chatter around the feed tub if you will.

There are some broodmare managers who will tell you that a mare can be more inclined to carry one sex foal over another. That there is something about her reproductive system that makes her body more hospitable to X sperm or Y sperm and more hospitable to one sex to the other.

A famous example of this *THEORY* would be Barbaro's dam La Ville Rouge. She has 6 living offspring from 3 different stallions ... all colts. The one time she did carry a filly ( a much desired filly) she slipped the pregnancy in the last months.

I know when I worked on the nursery way back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, we had 3 full time mares who were bred each year. 2 of the mares it was always a surprise on what you got but 1 mare (the mare who was incredibly protective of her foals and dangerous to handle) always threw fillies. Didn't matter what stallion she went too, she threw fillies. 4 in the 6 years I worked there.
  • I think a grey filly would be lovely! Like many of you, I'm curious to see to what extent Zenny's "signature" is like that of her dam. They certainly are 2 peas in a pod in terms of conformation and Vertigineux is an easy foaler. That seemed the case with Zenny & her first born. But, as we all know, first babies don't always indicate how successive deliveries will go. I also think Zenny is likely to be a dominant influence re: her foals, regardless of the stallion. So I'm watching Zenny babies for that as well!
  • No matter what else her foals do or do not get from their dam, I hope they all get her ears.
    I think they'll provide more updates on Zenyatta as the time nears for the delivery of her new foal. On the one hand, I'm anxiously awaiting that day (& also the start of baseball season soon after), but on the other hand, I've reached the age where I don't want to wish any days away or speed up time in any ways. It'll go fast enough as it is.
    Ha! As far as I'm concerned, the first sign of spring isn't robins, but pitchers and catchers reporting to spring training.
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    Ha! As far as I'm concerned, the first sign of spring isn't robins, but pitchers and catchers reporting to spring training.

ROFL, ME TOO!!!!!! Batter UP!
  • that's a good one. Too true - spring coming - foals too. Makes me feel good knowing we have that to look forward to. Why, little 12Z took us right up to here, and we get to watch his developing career too. Gotta tell you, I'm with Ruffian - I hope the Zen has a little girl, and V has a little boy. I want to see what the male version of Zenny would be like. I'm thinking "awesome".........