WE DID IT!!!

caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
edited December 2012 in Thoroughbred Racing & Sales

Comments

• Hooray! I knew our voices could be heard! I just casted in my vote for Paynter, I hope many other people do the same!
  • Once again, I have to say how proud of all of us that I am!
  • This is so cool! There is actually a group that heeds the feelings of it's followers. Hurrah to them for listening and to all who spoke up. It's a good day,
  • I am so glad! Paynter deserved it! I already voted though =(. I hop Paynter wins.
  • Zenmaster, I think you can vote again now.
  • I tried to 're-vote' and just got the thing about having already voted. Will have to check it out again later.
  • I was able to vote again, maybe because I did it on my phone one of the times. I don't know but it worked for me.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    it let me change my vote....but i really wanted to vote for about 4 of them....oh well
  • Now it truly is the "Voice of the People"!
  • I would never have believed it would happen. My hat is off to all those who believed they could do this. I'm humbled by your determination, and apologize for not believing it could be done. As Mary says, now it truly is the voice of the people! Well Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I just cast my vote for Paynter. I had originally voted for Royal Delta, but I'm glad Paynter will get a chance. I wish I could vote for Shackleford too, but Paynter is really the people's choice.
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    For those that have already voted before they changed the ballot, you can vote again, but you may need to refresh the page. Also, the poll reads the computer's IP address, so if you have a smartphone, iPad, laptop, desktop, multiple computers you can go online with at work or school, you can vote from each of those. This will help those who struggled with one or more horses you couldn't decide on ;) However, the poll was set up so that those who had voted, would be able to revote (very thoughtful of them) but again, you might have to refresh your page or hit the F5 key. I'm very proud to have been a part of righting a wrong. Thanks everyone who sent them emails.. Now can I ask one more thing? If you haven't done so already, would you please write to Ms Chenery via information@secretariat.com and THANK her for listening to the voice of the people and amending the ballot. I think too often we are quick to complain and slow to praise. I'm trying to work harder on recognizing those positive acts by sending a note or email or something.
  • Was able to vote again signed on with computer at my office. Hurray! Go Paynter!
  • How wonderful that we had an impact! I am so pleased that Paynter is getting a chance at this award. We truly do need to thank Mrs. Chenery for listening to the people.
  • How great that they added the two horses, they both very much deserve to be nominated. With this, it really is the voice of the people!

But I already voted for my favorite, who hopefully will be getting an Eclipse award nomination as well and will be returning for a five-year old season ;)
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    How great that they added the two horses, they both very much deserve to be nominated. With this, it really is the voice of the people!

But I already voted for my favorite, who hopefully will be getting an Eclipse award nomination as well and will be returning for a five-year old season ;)
    The folks at secretariat.com made it so you can vote again. You may have to refresh the page, but the ballot should come up showing both Paynter and Shackleford's names. Also, if you have a smartphone, an iPad or tablet or multiple computers, you can log on using all of them to vote. :)

• Vox Populi Gets It Right
    The Blood-Horse 07 Dec 2012 2:39 PM
    Steve Haskin Hangin' With Haskin
    Only in Thoroughbred racing can one of the greatest champions in the history of the sport share the same stage with a former $5,000 claimer from Penn National.
    The first two recipients of the new Vox Populi Award, Zenyatta and Rapid Redux, were perfect examples of what the award, created by Penny Chenery, represents – the melding of popularity and achievement and bringing attention to the sport. This award is all about the place a horse holds, not in the record books, but in the hearts of the fans.
    Here are two horses who put together unforgettable, history-making winning streaks, but did it on two distinctly different stages. There was Zenyatta, master thespian, performing in front of packed houses on Broadway, and Rapid Redux reciting his lines in a 50-seat theater in the West Village. The Zenyattas of the world will bring people to tears and win the Tony Award. The Rapid Reduxes also will touch people in a profound way, just on a much smaller scale.
    http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-racing-steve-haskin/archive/2012/12/07/vox-populi-gets-it-right.aspx
  • I went to the Secretariat.com website and to the Vox Populi award and checked Paynter. It just kept saying error. Since I had already voted, apparently it is not going to alow me to change my vote. At least I tried, if any other suggestions, thanks in advance.
  • Try using a different computer....also a different login. That worked for me.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LOL Pati!