Videos that make you Laugh or Put a smile on your face

Comments

• hahaha!!! Peter's gesture at the end of the vid is priceless!
  • These videos make me smile and cry at the same time. Zenyatta - what a girl!
  • These videos make me smile and cry at the same time. Zenyatta - what a girl!
    What a girl, indeed! There will never be another like her.

• Is your horse suffering from an eye condition or flies??? Here's a solution that you can find in your dresser! :o)
    https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/p480x480/942294_10151390044832181_684819809_n.jpg
  • Here is a video thathas nothing to do with horse racing (other than that it features a horse going pretty fast), but it is so cool I thought I'd share it.

• Here is a video thathas nothing to do with horse racing (other than that it features a horse going pretty fast), but it is so cool I thought I'd share it.

Wow. What an amazing video! What kind of event is this? It looks grueling. I wonder who won that competition. What a difficult course. Wow. Thanks for posting.

• edited June 2013
    It is the cross-country phase of the 2013 Rolex CCI **** Three-Day event, which took place in April at the Kentucky Horse Park. It's the only four-star (highest level) event in the U.S. and attracts world-class riders. The event this year was won by Andrew Nicholson of New Zealand, riding Quimbo. (He was also third on Calico Joe.) The horse and rider in the video were 12th after Cross Country and eventually finished in 10th place following a good stadium jumping round.

The fences are huge, at least from the perspective of a human. They're high and/or wide, and many involve ditches, slopes, and/or water. I was on the landscaping crew that planted the flowers around some of those jumps, so I've seen them up close. It boggles the mind that any horse would jump some of these obstacles, but they do. Of course, these horses and riders are world-class athletes. Thoroughbreds do very well in Eventing, and several OTTBs participated this year. I don't know what breed this guy is, though. (I like to imagine what my buddy Scotty would say if he were asked to jump any of these. I am sure he would say "you're crazy"!)

FYI, the Three-Day Event has three components: Dressage, Cross Country, and Stadium Jumping. This team was 28th following Dressage, so they improved quite a bit following their cross country and jumping tests. If you are ever in Kentucky at the end of April, you should go. The event is always the weekend before the Derby. Dressage takes place on Thursday and Friday, Saturday is Cross Country, and Sunday is Stadium Jumping. If you like Western events, the Kentucky Reining Cup is on Friday and Saturday. There is also a huge trade fair with stuff not only for riders but for horse lovers of all types. For anybody who lives in the area, volunteering is a blast. It's fun and you meet such interesting people. This year I met a woman who had Real Quiet on her farm as a yearling.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Oh, Deer: Bambi Breezes Two Furlongs at Keeneland (VIDEO)
    by Natalie Voss The Paulick Report | 06.01.2013
    Morning workouts at Keeneland Racecourse were briefly interrupted on Saturday morning when a rogue deer took to the track for an unscheduled two-furlong workout.
    http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray-s-paddock/bambi-breezes-two-furlongs-at-keeneland/

• RachelRachel Member
    ever see Racing Stripes? who said a deer couldnt join too!
  • Thanks for the info, lauraj_cincinnati. Sounds like fun. I was impressed by how narrow the space was for the horse to squeeze through while jumping some of those jumps. Also wondered why there was no splashing noise or water flying up for those jumping in water jumps. Also liked the way the guy praised his horse after the jumps. Thanks also for posting the video.
  • The water is not very deep--a foot or so, maybe less in some places. The pond at the first water feature hadn't even been filled when we planted it the week before the event. As for splashing, I think you didn't hear it because the of the noise from the wind. I liked the praise for the horse too. They have a good relationship.
  • RachelRachel Member
    not to mention the fact that they race against the clock, hence the reason why he was checking his watch. i like to watch these on tv when they air them. unfortunately they dont play through the whole thing, they cut to a commercial right in the middle of a jump :(
  • ZeebestZeebest Member
    edited June 2013
    My all time favorite video.

• RandyRandy Member
    Love the Rolex video... thank you so much for posting it lauraj. I've ridden quite a few cross country courses but this is the closest I'll ever get to doing this one. I have to add that these jumps can't be knocked down like the ones in show jumping or stadium jumping. If a horse and rider tangle with these monsters, the consequences can be extremely dire.
  • ZeebestZeebest Member
    edited June 2013
    The Queen Dances!

• ZeebestZeebest Member
    edited June 2013
    VA - that Lone Ranger story made my day! Thanks for sharing

• From the "ANIMAL KINGDOM":
    HUMANS...Huh! We should put them in OUR SHOES so they can experience what we go through!

http://static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/14/79/14796a_3222818.jpg

LOL! This actually happened with some guys from Maine. They dressed the truck up with the guy on the roof. The driver and passengers put on Moose heads. They went down the Maine toll road Interstate, causing 16 accidents. Yes; they went to jail... Yes; alcohol was involved...
  • RachelRachel Member
    Oh Funny Junk website, how I have missed u. Used to go on that site all the time when I was younger lol
  • The moose hunter.....now that's funny!!!!!
  • edited June 2013
    Love the Rolex video... thank you so much for posting it lauraj. I've ridden quite a few cross country courses but this is the closest I'll ever get to doing this one. I have to add that these jumps can't be knocked down like the ones in show jumping or stadium jumping. If a horse and rider tangle with these monsters, the consequences can be extremely dire.
    Actually, some of these do have a knock-down feature. The ones that are constructed of elevated logs such as the jump at ~2:30 are hinged such that the log will fall down if hit hard. Of course, the tables, cottages, sculptures, brush jumps etc. are immobile.

I don't believe there were any serious injuries this year. One horse was vanned off as a precaution but only had a minor injury. Very fortunate.
  • RandyRandy Member
    lauraj -- That's good to know. If I lived close enough I'd probably volunteer there every year... sounds like a dream come true. I always look forward to watching it on TV even though the coverage isn't very good.

I'd love to visit the Kentucky Horse Park in person someday... back when I was riding and living on the east coast, it was only in the talking stages.
  • RachelRachel Member
    i saw that on yahoo news. it was so cute
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited June 2013
    I wish they could have found a nurse mare and/or a kind horse that was willing to teach it the ways of being a horse too! Sweet looking thing!