Videos that make you Laugh or Put a smile on your face

Comments

• @msnap12 That is what a breeding stallion should bring to the breeding shed. This is the problem in the breeding program for thoroughbreds today. What an amazing footage and thanks for sharing. He is the best of the best
  • It's not a video but it brings a smile to my face. Thanks to Rachel for posting this on another forum.
    From Backside 55's Facebook page.
    "Life Is Sweet and her foal turned out with Zenyatta - looks like the baby is getting some coaching from Z! If you followed John and Zenyatta during her racing career, you might have known that Z and LIS were great friends and pretty attached to one another. So great to see them out in the paddock together!"

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1235022_661731917191228_1095563010_n.jpg
  • @msnap12 That is what a breeding stallion should bring to the breeding shed. This is the problem in the breeding program for thoroughbreds today. What an amazing footage and thanks for sharing. He is the best of the best

I know :) Frankel was the one and only <3 I am definitely of the opinion that only the best should be bred... You should only breed because your horse has qualities that should be passed on, not because you think it will be a cute foal :-/ imagine how different the industry would be if only a few top stallions were allowed as breeding prospects....
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    that would be way too inbred...all those recessive traits would skyrocket...have seen the results in humans when cousins marry....not good...need some diversity
  • Not stallions closely related to each other, and a big enough number to have some diversity... IDK maybe it just wouldn't work, but one thing for sure is we have WAYYY too many foals being bred and by and out of sires and dams that don't necessarily have anything to pass on :-/ the fragile drug reliant thoroughbred we're breeding these days is not good
  • shaping the breeding to only a select few stallions would dwindle the thoroughbred gene pool very much. if we only had say...10 stallions to choose from, we wouldnt really have diversity. thats why i like seeing a pedigree with horses that ive never heard of, a foreign pedigree as it were. its nice to see something different.
  • and trainers these days do "drug training" they let the drug make the horses good. they dont use knowledge anymore...well for some. there are still some great trainers out there however. but thats also what is killing racing. we all know this. in turn this masks undesirable qualities, the foals end up not being that great and people scratch their heads wondering why.
  • Never gets old and I get goosebumps everytime as she turns for home.
  • I just came across this video and had to share. Oops on the jockeys part!
  • I will not be posting a video because all together its about three hours. If you have not seen Cloud: Wild Stallion of the Rookies I suggest you go to Pbs nature go check it out there are three movies. So go and enjoy.
  • I have the DVDs of Cloud and these are wonderful...love Cloud's pale coat color and his similar colored colt...born out of a black mare from a different band! So nteresting watching these wild horses and their social behaviors...and their constant battle for survival! Ginger did an outstanding documentary series!
  • I have all three Cloud DVDs! :)
  • I have two of the DVds. I wish I had the third.
  • msnap12msnap12 Member
    edited September 2013
    http://www.amazon.com/Nature-Challenge-Stallions-Ginger-Kathrens/dp/B002XDE9D6/ref=pd_bxgy_mov_text_y

Amazon has the third one :) $9.75 with free 2-day shipping and no tax for members!
  • JJfromMNJJfromMN Member
    edited September 2013
    For all of us that enjoyed running with the fastest Girls in town.

• Girl power I love it. Thanks for sharing, it made my day. The fillies/mare's are making a dent in the racing industry. There also finally bring money in the sales.
  • i think i love clydesdales even more now O.O LOL the one on the track, wouldnt it be something to have clydesdale races xD think the track would have to be called Thunder Rumble.
    There's at least one Shire race on Youtube!

These videos are all AMAZING.
  • Loved the girls video. GIRL POWER!!
  • You gotta 'Run like a Girl'!
  • They are the champions.
  • My friend in Yuma adopted a yearling filly from one of these wild herd "rescues." They were forming a good bond and things went well for a few months, then one day my friend found the filly lying dead in the pasture. So sad. Don't know the cause. Maybe the filly died of a broken heart after being torn out of her herd.

Oooops. That won't bring a smile to anyone's face. Sorry.

Don't have a funny video to counter that sad note, but here is a funny thing another friend sent. The comments are NOT mine.

Why Athletes Can't Have Regular Jobs

1. Chicago Cubs outfielder Andre Dawson
    on being a role model:
    "I wan' all dem kids to do what I do, to
    look up to me. I wan' all the kids to
    copulate me."

2. New Orleans Saint RB George Rogers
    when asked about the upcoming season:
    "I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500
    yards, whichever comes first."

3. And, upon hearing Joe Jacobi of the
    'Skin's say:
    "I'd run over my own mother to win the
    Super Bowl,"
    Matt Millen of the Raiders said: "To
    win, I'd run over Joe's Mom, too."

4. Torrin Polk, University of Houston
    receiver, on his coach, John Jenkins:
    "He treat us like mens. He let us wear
    earrings."

5. Football commentator and former
    player Joe Theismann:
    "Nobody in football should be called a
    genius. A genius is a guy like Norman
    Einstein."

6. Senior basketball player at the
    University of Pittsburgh :
    "I'm going to graduate on time, no
    matter how long it takes.."

7. Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach:
    "You guys line up alphabetically by
    height."
    And, "You guys pair up in groups of
    three, and then line up in a circle."

8. Boxing promoter Dan Duva on Mike
    Tyson going to prison:
    "Why would anyone expect him to come out
    smarter? He went to prison for three
    years, not Princeton .."

9. Stu Grimson, Chicago Blackhawks left
    wing, explaining why he keeps a color
    photo of himself above his locker:
    "That's so when I forget how to spell my
    name, I can still find my clothes."

10. Lou Duva, veteran boxing trainer, on
    the Spartan training regimen of
    heavyweight Andrew Golota:
    "He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock
    in the morning, regardless of what time
    it is."

11. Chuck Nevitt , North Carolina State
    basketball player, explaining to Coach
    Jim Valvano why he appeared nervous at
    practice:
    "My sister's expecting a baby, and I
    don't know if I'm going to be an uncle
    or an aunt. (I wonder if his IQ ever hit
    room temperature in January)

12. Frank Layden, Utah Jazz president,
    on a former player:
    "I asked him, 'Son, what is it with you?
    Is it ignorance or apathy?'
    He said, 'Coach, I don't know and I
    don't care.''

13. Shelby Metcalf, basketball coach at
    Texas A&M, recounting what he told a
    player who received four F's and one D:
    "Son, looks to me like you're spending
    too much time on one subject."

14. In the words of NC State great
    Charles Shackelford:
    "I can go to my left or right, I am
    amphibious."

Ah, but they ride to the bank in a
    Mercedes...

• VA_in_CA, You definitely made up for the sad post! These are absolutely hysterical and I am definitely going to have to share these. Thanks a lot!
  • Ditto, louisecastello @VA_in_CA.
  • So... I don't like spiders, but this video is surprisingly adorable..