WILL PRINCE WIN THE KENTUCKY DERBY IN 2015?

BabyZeeBabyZee Member
I THINK YES. WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE THINK?

Comments

• carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Depends on whether develops faster like dad...or slower like mom.....
    However,would love to see it happen
  • Whatever the case he will deffinately be winner.
  • If John trains him and if he has half the talent of his mom and dad I think the sky is the limit for the little guy.
  • Who knows? But win or lose or even never make it to the track--he'll always be "SUPER HUNK" in my book! And for the time being I will call him 12Z. I know others flip flop it--not sure which way it goes...
  • AlexAlex Member
    It's a long way off. If he is big colt and needs time to mature and John trains him, I don't think he will run in the Derby. I would prefer to see him run as a 4yr old and a 5 and 6 yr old. Win the big races during the year and the Breeders Cup in November.
  • I know it's tempting to be so hopeful but let's give him time to develop first before we place such high expectations upon the little feller. Doncha think?
  • That's a long ways off and there is so much that can go wrong. A stallion may post 60% of his foals as runners and maybe half of that as winners, and doing well if 5% are stakes winners. I'm sure that this little guy will be well taken care of but you can't bubble wrap him. We'll be following all of Z's foals very closely and I'm sure she will be a SPR (stakes producer). Don't count out Rachel's Curlin colt for the 2015 KYD. Have you seen photos of this colt? He's already a monster. If these two guys meet up in 2015 or sooner, it will be great for the sport!
  • Diana, I've been thinking the same thing....It's very likely the two will meet in the 2015 KYD if both are ready by then. Also, Tasty's foal is a possibility as well.
  • 2015 Really is something to look forward to but, let's not put the cart before the horse. As many have already said, a lot can happen between now and then. He might not even make it to the track. I'm just going to sit back and watch this lil guys life unfold in front of my eyes and enjoy every single moment of the adventure he will take all of us on!
  • 2015 Really is something to look forward to but, let's not put the cart before the horse. As many have already said, a lot can happen between now and then. He might not even make it to the track. I'm just going to sit back and watch this lil guys life unfold in front of my eyes and enjoy every single moment of the adventure he will take all of us on!
    A wise course of action, Heidi....I'm doing the same....No harm in imagining the possibilities though, yes? =)

• Who knows? But win or lose or even never make it to the track--he'll always be "SUPER HUNK" in my book! And for the time being I will call him 12Z. I know others flip flop it--not sure which way it goes...
    It's a long way off. If he is big colt and needs time to mature and John trains him, I don't think he will run in the Derby. I would prefer to see him run as a 4yr old and a 5 and 6 yr old. Win the big races during the year and the Breeders Cup in November.
    Dear Margaret:

He'll always be special to me too no matter what. Hugs, JB

Dear Alex:

I agree. John won't rush him. His Daddy, Bernie, didn't make the Derby either because he had a few minor health issues and wasn't ready until the Preakness, which he won (and in which our beloved Barbaro broke down). So many things can happen from now til then, but I pray for a healthy, sound and happy life for him. Hugs, JB

• I would love to see him in the Derby. If he can make it to Triple Crown, it will only continue Secratariat's legacy. After all he is the great, great, great, Grandson of Secratariat.
    "Super Hunk" Love it! ^-^
  • A little early to tell, but I'm sure we'll all be following his career. Looking at his cannon bone........it appears he will be a very big boy with good flat bone. The great Secretariat didn't reproduce himself, but he sired some great broodmares that went on to produce many champions. The same may hold true of Zenny, we may not see her greatness shine through until her grand babies start to race.
    The odds of any one foal born this year making into the 2015 Kentucky Derby are pretty low ... there are roughly 30,000 or so foals born each year and only 20 can run in the Derby. If either Zenny's or Rachel's colt makes it to the gate, it will be quite an achievement.

The first lesson I learned from the sport of horse racing is that real life is NOT like the story books. It's a hard lesson but I think I appreciate the triumphs more, knowing how rare they are. That is why Zenyatta was so amazing, for once the story book came true!

• candicandi Member
    zenyatta no comparison,she is amazing and the greatest horse.