Z and Prince Stories By Sierra #2

SierraSierra Member
edited March 2012 in General Interest
So this is where I left off. The post was too long so I had to put it in a different place.
Z woke up to Prince nudging her to get up.
“Mommy wake up look who’s here!” Z opened to her eyes to see Ann and Jerry looking in the stall.
“Oh Jerry look at the two of them. They are so cute together. Prince is getting so big already.” Z got up shaking all of the straw off her back and walked over to Ann and Jerry. Ann pulled open the door and started pet Z as Prince walked up next to her.
“Good afternoon Z look how cute your little boy is.” Ann cooed as she reached out and petted Prince’s face making him come closer.
“Hi Grandma Ann! How are you today?”
“I am great today little Prince how are you?”
“I am so happy today mommy taught me the first part of her dance! One day I am going to be just like her you know.”
“Well maybe next time you are in the paddock I can watch.”
“That would be so cool Grandma!”
“Well, Z how are you today?”
“I am doing great mom. I got to go outside and run around a little with Prince here and Dottie visited me. What did you and Dad do this morning?”
“Well we looked at possible stallions for you and tired to pick out a name for Prince here.”
“But I thought I had a name which is Prince.”
“Well sweetie once you are old enough you will get a name that you will race under. Mine is Zenyatta but everyone calls me Zenny or Z. Your dad’s name is Bernardini but people usually call him Berni. I am sure that Grandma and Grandpapa will pick out a great name for you. But for now we will still call you Prince as will everyone else. But you said something about my next stallion? Do you have any ideas?”
“We do Zenny but we don’t want to reveal them until later on.” Jerry said answering with his business like nature. Ann and Jerry then went into the stall and started to scratch Prince and Z as the visited with their favorite mare and foal.
>>>>Right before they left Ann and Jerry turned to Z and Prince and said.
“You will know soon enough.” Jerry said winking and then Ann and Jerry walked out of the barn hand in hand.
The next day Prince and Z woke up to see Dottie standing outside their stall with a dozen roses in her hand.
“Wake up Z I have a present for you.” Dottie chimed looking into the stall at Prince and Z laying down. Prince sprung to is feet excited and walked over to Dottie as she opened the door of the stall. Z got up and shook all of the straw off of her and walked over to Dottie and Prince.
“Hello you two! I have a present for you Z. It is from your new boyfriend. “
“Mommy those are such pretty flowers! Dottie who are they from who are they from?”
“Well they are from your mom’s new boyfriend. Here I will read the letter he wrote for Z.”
Dear, Zenyatta
When my dear handlers at Gainesway informed me that you were going to be one of my next dates I was ecstatic. I cannot wait to see you. I have watched your race career from the start and always admired your great form and elegance on the track. Now that you have a little one you still look ravishing. So my dearest I am writing to you now because I would like to tell you how much I love you and how I excited I am for our meeting. I have written a poem accordingly.
My oh My Zenyatta
How my heart jumps for you
In Pink and Blue
You shine above them all
I will wait patiently until the day
We meet at last
I get to see your sweet face
But until then
I will admire you from afar
My dearest please oh please
Wait for me until then
For you will see
That when we dance
We will tap our heels
To the beat of our hearts
But until then
Keep me in your heart
Time is all that keeps as apart now
But still our hearts beat as one

Always yours,
Tapit
Zenny started to blush “Oh he is so sweet!” She proclaimed with delight
“Just too cute.” Dottie agreed then she put the vase of roses on the shelf next to her stall and picked up the picture that was enclosed in the letter. “Here he is.” She said as she showed Z the photo.
“Oh look at his ears! Plus look at that color. As you know Dottie I have always been fond of grays.” Prince started to bounce trying to get a glance at the photo.
“I want to see I want to see!”
“Okay 12-Z.” Dottie pulled down the photo so that Prince could see it.
“Oh my Mommy he is handsome! I cannot wait until I get a little brother or sister! Will he be grey just like his daddy?”
“No one knows for sure 12-Z but it is a possibility. But I also have something that Tapit sent you 12-Z.”
“Really?”
“Yep” Dottie pulled out a basket full of stuff. Inside there was a bag full of carrots, a small ball, a new glistening leather halter with a pink and blue cotton lead rope, and lastly she pulled out a set of blue and pink brushes. “This is all for you 12-Z and it came with a special note for you.”
Dear, Prince
I hope that you will let me share your mom she is truly the most amazing mare ever. You are one lucky foal to have a mom like her.
Tapit

Hope You all enjoy!

Comments

• This would make a wonderful children's book. Very nice
  • A High Hoof to you!
  • So adorable Sierra. I can just see Mr. and Mrs. Moss and Dottie and John smiling as they read your story.
  • Again, another great story Sierra.
  • Another great installment, Sierra!
  • Thanks so much everyone! Today I should have two new installments. This really means so much to me and I am glad that everyone has been so kind about it! I am sure that my dad is really proud of me right now. He was always the writer and I am glad that he passed that love and talent on to me. Thanks again everyone for all the encouraging comments it means so much!
  • Thanks so much everyone! Today I should have two new installments. This really means so much to me and I am glad that everyone has been so kind about it! I am sure that my dad is really proud of me right now. He was always the writer and I am glad that he passed that love and talent on to me. Thanks again everyone for all the encouraging comments it means so much!
    Dear S.:

Looking forward to the new installments. Hugs, JB
  • The next installment is up. Look for the >>> I thought I would focus on Tapit for this part of the story.
  • Love it! x
  • I love the letter/poem from Tapit! :)
  • I love the letter/poem from Tapit! :)
    Tapit and a little surprise from an unexpected visitor.

• Ah, Sierra, you are just too, too talented. Anytime a writer can move you to tears, that writer has a gift. As someone else has suggested, you really do need to plan a book. I think it would appeal to children and adults alike equally. Some real photos and then some graphic illustrations would just set it off. I will be happy to stand in line for an autographed copy!!
  • Ah, Sierra, you are just too, too talented. Anytime a writer can move you to tears, that writer has a gift. As someone else has suggested, you really do need to plan a book. I think it would appeal to children and adults alike equally. Some real photos and then some graphic illustrations would just set it off. I will be happy to stand in line for an autographed copy!!
    This means so much to me! Someday I hope that I will be able to publish a book of stories about Z. My dad and I were working on a book about a horse that I had basically trained and who saved my life named Bob but we never got to finish it. I was going to do some drawings for it too but never got the chance. So maybe I will be able to do that with Z and Prince but it may be a while. Counting this book I am currently working on three and my friends are super excited for one of my books so I am hoping to finish it by the end of the school year but my chances are slim. Plus I still have Spike's story I need to finish for my mom. I think I am starting to see just how hard the life of a writer is but I love it too much to stop. But when the day comes that I get to publish a book I will definitely make sure to thank all of the people here for inspiring me and I will make sure to get a autographed copy to anyone who wants one. Wow that makes me so happy to say that. Sorry mental thought. Well off to writing my next part along with a little sneek peak for you all.
  • Okay everyone so I thought I would give you all a small hint into the next couple parts of the story because now it is time to bring some drama in. I have been trying to figure out how to make the story more interesting and I think I have finally found a way to so I thought I would prepare you.
    In the next couple installments you will see:
    -A very unexpected plot twist (It may shock some it also may not.)
    -A new character will be introduced
    -A couple cliffhangers
    -Some people from Z's past will be brought in. (Human and Equine)
    -Lastly Love and friendship will be tested
    Even though this sounds like a lot it will be spread out into several installments. Plus I am not going to take the whole story over with drama just little bits here and there. This is just to make the story a little interesting. Also if anyone has any ideas or anything that they would like to see in the story just go ahead and send me a private message on here. (Don't want the secret to get out if I decide to use it!)
    I hope you all are enjoying so far and I think the next couple installments are going to be great lots of happiness but still a little heartbreak and some shockers.
    Time to really get this story into a plot,
    Sierra
  • Sierra,
    We absolutely love your stories and you too! You definitely have the makings of a real author! I'm glad you have your own thread so we don't have to search.
    Any chance of coming to BC 2012 so that some of us can meet you? Hugs.
    P.S. I'm a former English teacher, and I've read lots of stories that weren't nearly the caliber of yours. Hope you're making good grades. I'll bet you are.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hi Sierra, I finally had time to read your latest installment. Good going another inspired tale.
  • MaxMax Member
    I hope you all are enjoying so far and I think the next couple installments are going to be great lots of happiness but still a little heartbreak and some shockers.
    Sierra

I like your story, but please go easy on adding in any "heartbreak". There is enough of that around everywhere and I would like to see only happiness and lots of it in relation to Z and her foal. Keep up your good work.

• I hope you all are enjoying so far and I think the next couple installments are going to be great lots of happiness but still a little heartbreak and some shockers.
    Sierra
    I like your story, but please go easy on adding in any "heartbreak". There is enough of that around everywhere and I would like to see only happiness and lots of it in relation to Z and her foal. Keep up your good work.

In the case of the heartbreak it will have to do with the new character and an old friend (I will put it that way) but it will be slight and it will be a cutsie kind of heartbreak.
    In short I am sure there will be no crying involved maybe some laughing though.
    Sierra
  • Sierra,
    We absolutely love your stories and you too! You definitely have the makings of a real author! I'm glad you have your own thread so we don't have to search.
    Any chance of coming to BC 2012 so that some of us can meet you? Hugs.
    P.S. I'm a former English teacher, and I've read lots of stories that weren't nearly the caliber of yours. Hope you're making good grades. I'll bet you are.
    Sadly no I will not be at BC 2012. I have never actually been to a race something tells me I won't be for a long time too.
    Thanks for the great compliment again every kind word means so much to me.

• MaxMax Member

In the case of the heartbreak it will have to do with the new character and an old friend (I will put it that way) but it will be slight and it will be a cutsie kind of heartbreak.
    In short I am sure there will be no crying involved maybe some laughing though.
    Sierra

Sierra: This sounds like a great story. I am looking forward to laughing. Laughing is always good. You write very well and have a good imagination.
    Max

• AlexAlex Member
    Another good one Sierra! Love it....
  • It looks like you have some great ideas for the direction of the story, Sierra! I can't wait to read the further adventures of Z and Prince. :)
  • Can't wait for the installment, love it all so far! Every night when I get in from work, I check to see if the next chapter is up yet. Keep it up, girl! By the time the little prince is weaned, you'll have a complete book ready for publication! And I would be one of the first in line to buy it! More, please!!!
  • Sorry for not posting for so long everyone. It is finals week so I will have some more of the story posted on the weekend. I make sure to post a bid entry on the weekend for all of you patient people who have put up with my weird posting schedule.