Comments

• KetaKeta Member
    Racing Post ‏@RacingPost 9s
    Soft Falling Rain leads home Sheikh Hamdan one-two
    in Group 2 Godolphin Mile at Meydan.
    Haatheq second, Moonwalk In Paris third
  • KetaKeta Member
    Breeders' Cup ‏ tweet with PHOTO
    Our #BC11 Turf Champ, St Nicholas Abbey, is running in @DRC_Meydan Sheema Classic. Best of Luck to his connections

• KetaKeta Member
    Shea Shea Smashes His Meydan Course Record
    By Myra Lewyn, The Blood-Horse Updated: Saturday, March 30, 2013 11:52 AM
    Shea Shea showed there was plenty of speed left in his 9-year-old legs as he sizzled to a course record-setting victory in the $1 million Al Quoz Sprint Sponsored by Emirates NBD (UAE-I) on the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) undercard March 30 at Meydan.
    In a stunning display of brilliant acceleration, the National Emblem gelding flew past 10-year-old Joy And Fun in the closing stages to win by three-quarters of length under Christophe Soumillon. Eagle Regiment finished third.
    Trained by Mike de Kock, Shea Shea came into the race having won the Meydan Sprint by 2 1/2 lengths from Sole Power while lowering the course standard for 1,000 meters to :57.02 on the March 9 Super Saturday card. He smashed his own record for the distance in the Al Quoz Sprint when bursting clear late to win in :56.41
    Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/77192/shea-shea-smashes-his-meydan-course-record#ixzz2P2VFhpN8
  • KetaKeta Member
    Lines of Battle Earns Ticket to KY Derby
    Lines of Battle held off a tenacious Elleval to win the UAE Derby (UAE-II) at Meydan Racecourse March 30, earning 100 points toward a probable start in the May 4 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/77191/lines-of-battle-earns-ticket-to-ky-derby
  • KetaKeta Member
    Ray Paulick ‏ tweet 6yo mare SAJJHAA (King's Best, by Kingmambo) gives Godolphin
    the victory in 9F Dubai Duty Free. U.S. hope Little Mike on pace early, tired

Tom Hall ‏ tweet The gr1 Dubai Duty Free to Godolphin's grand mare SAJJHAA,
    by King's Best (Kingmambo) o/o Darshaan mare Anaamil, over The Apache & Giofra
  • KetaKeta Member
    Su-Ann Khaw ‏tweet
    St Nicholas Abbey (Montjeu ex Leaping Wonder) wins the G1 Sheema Classic @DWC_Meydan from Gentildonna. Brilliant ride by Joseph O'Brien
  • KetaKeta Member
    Dubai Racing Club ‏tweet
    St Nicholas Abbey improved on runner-up spot last year and set third course record
    of the night, covering the 2410m turf course in 2:27.7
  • KetaKeta Member
    Su-Ann Khaw ‏tweet
    Gentildonna travelled 3W in the Sheema Classic, finished 2nd.
    Very Nice Name 3rd and Dunaden 4th

Sid Fernando tweet announcers speculated bandaged Gentildonna seemed to be "feeling the ground," and it looked that way.

Brian Zipse ‏ tweet
    Impressive run by St Nicholas Abbey, looking the Japanese super filly, Gentildonna, in the eye, and saying, "Not today young lady."
  • Animal kingdom won the World Cup!!
  • KetaKeta Member
    Marc Doche ‏tweet
    Amazing! @KentuckyDerby winner @animal_kingdom_ romps
    in the $10 @DRC_Meydan World Cup! Congrats to @TeamValor.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Race 9 - Dubai World Cup Sponsored By Emirates Airline
    Published on Mar 30, 2013
    Animal Kingdom (USA) (Joel Rosario)

• KetaKeta Member
    Dubai World Cup Day 2013
    SLIDESHOW The Blood-Horse Monday, April 1, 2013 12:00 AM
    Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/slideshows/slideshow/dubai-world-cup-2013/dubai-world-cup-day-2013#ixzz2PEcj5JC7

Keta Note: Great photos of the race winners. The Gold Cup begins at slide 42
  • KetaKeta Member
    DUBAI RACE NIGHT
    Gary Stevens ‏tweets Good to be home. Appreciate Dullahan and Little Mike. Wasn’t our night. Congrats to The Animal
    I hit the gate. Came out sideways. What an Athlete!
    Little Mike, thanks for saving my a @ @ @!

QUESTION TO GARY Pat Cummings ‏@DubaiRaceNight tweet
    Gary, did he hit the gate on jumping? Thought I saw that.
    Good job hanging in when Spencer cut across, he got 5 days for that, fyi

ANSWER FROM Gary Stevens ‏tweet
    @DubaiRaceNight left shoulder, mine still feeling the bad jump.
    No comment on the suspension. A lot of $$ on the line for placings.

Gary Stevens ‏tweet response to comment
    Good observation.
    Rt“@mac90x: Gary Little Mike looked like he was cruising early, but those were some talented horses behind him.”