Zenyatta Bloodlines by Abigail

KetaKeta Member
edited February 2013 in Zenyatta
If you love Zenyatta, you should read this.
If you love horses & the history of racing, you should read this.
If you appreciate & study bloodlines, you should read this
This appeared in Hangin with Haskin by Steve Haskin 20 Dec 2010 1:14 PM
Here is what Steve had to say in his introduction

The following essay by retired Quebec English teacher Abigail Anderson was written in response to my last blog on Zenyatta. Although it is quite long, it is so brilliantly written and researched I felt it should be shared it with everyone.

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-racing-steve-haskin/archive/2010/12/20/hangin-with-haskin-a-response-to-i-lied.aspx

Thank you, Ann Maree for helping us rediscover this amazing article.
Thank you, Abigail for this walk in history with such love for the great Zenyatta!

Comments

• I think the article was magnificent! A love letter to not only Zenyatta and her human family, but to thoroughbreds in general, and to the mystery, pagentry, and mystique that make them so appealing to those of us that love them so. Makes one appreciate the Mosses and all those who care for Zenyatta all the more. Zenyatta makes the world a better place for me, as well as thousands of others. But in a way, they all do. Going all the way back to the day. Horses speak to us in ways that are unique and so so special.
  • Thanks for sharing Abigail's wonderful article again, Keta. It is always worth a little time to read and absorb her heartfelt words.
  • Abigail's article is amazing in itself, but one of the things I think I most enjoyed about it were the 337 comments. All of the comments were full of awe and the one word that kept coming up was "Wow!"
  • KetaKeta Member
    Chris on ‎Thursday, ‎16 ‎February, ‎2017 PHOTO
    ROBERTO. Inflicts the only defeat of the great Brigadier Gerard
    in the 1972 B & H Gold Cup in a track record 2:07.10
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited February 17
    Zenyatta's Dam
    Vertigineux (foaled, March 8, 1995 – 2014)
    Sire Kris S.
    Grandsire Roberto
    Dam For The Flag
    Damsire Forlì
    Sex Mare
    Foaled 1995
    Country United States
    Colour Dark bay/brown
    Breeder Eric Kronfeld
    Owner Coolmore Stud
    Trainer Michael W. Dickinson
    Record 7: 2–0–0
    Earnings $60,480
    Source: Wikipedia
  • Vertigineaux's grandson, Balance's 2014 Frankel colt, Brooklyn Bobby came in a good second at Gulfstream today.