Blame

Z_ForeverZ_Forever Member
edited February 2013 in Thoroughbred Breeding
I was thinking, I would like to see a Blame x Zenyatta colt, since Blame beat Zenyatta... The colt could be called Blameitonme . Do you have any suggestions for Z's breeding?

Comments

• I was thinking, I would like to see a Blame x Zenyatta colt, since Blame beat Zenyatta... The colt could be called Blameitonme . Do you have any suggestions for Z's breeding?
    Actually, Blame is too closely related to Zenyatta to breed to her....His grandsire is ALSO Kris S.
  • The owners of Blame's foals are going to have a ball naming them.
  • The owners of Blame's foals are going to have a ball naming them.
    That's my first thought when I saw this post too! Lol! To bad they are related or we could have a fun time with that....Really tells you about Kris S. though, one of his grandfoals wins 19 times and is only beaten on her 20th start by ANOTHER grandfoal of Kris S.
  • Sounds like a fairy tale. You can't make stuff like this up.
  • What about Union Rags? Is he too close to her? Or I'll Have Another?
    Most horses are... grr...
  • I'll Have Another is in Japan and actually they have a wide range of stallions they can use with Zenyatta without breeding too closely.
  • I've noticed that pretty much ALL stallions sired by A.P. Indy match extraordinarily well with her pedigree....This is Truenicks of course. But I don't think it a coincidence that ALL the A.P. Indy stallions I tried out on there got an "A" or better. So Bernardini in my opinion was a very good choice for Zenyatta.
  • Tiznow would be a very exellent stallion to use
  • edited February 2013
    I do wonder.....What if Rachel Alexandra were bred to Blame? Seems a sensible match to me.
  • It does to me, too. I just have to think back on her colt that was too large, otherwise Tiznow may be a good choice.
    Is it just me, or is it a trend that mares are relatively tall if they are champs (Rags, Zenny, RA...)
  • Golikova being a tiny little thing, sort of adds to her mystique.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Lady's Secret was not a large animal...HOTY 1986 ..I think....and many of the girls have been petite...just ran really BIG
  • Yes, very tiny little thing...she seemed to "scamper" around the track, as opposed to stretching out. She was amazing, the Iron Lady.
  • I could be mistaken, but isn't Tiznow a big guy? If so might not be right with Zenny and certainly out of the question for breedings with Rachel (if that ever happens).
  • Hehe. Tiznow is a mean tempered guy.
  • Tiznow is a big boy--17+.
  • saw tiznow last month on my ky trip, he is indeed a big boy.. gorgeous stallion!! but gotta agree with others that he may be too big for her..especially in light of RA's big baby and subsequent issues.
  • RosebudRosebud Member
    Your posts are 123 ha ha ha lol!
  • KalarKalar Member
    edited March 2014
    I was thinking, I would like to see a Blame x Zenyatta colt, since Blame beat Zenyatta... The colt could be called Blameitonme . Do you have any suggestions for Z's breeding?
    I realize this is an old post, but it's hilarious....except I would name it "Blameitondad."
    LOL .. or maybe Blamezitondad!!!! bahahahahaha
  • actually the mating would be horrible not only that its Blame LOL but that they are related. Blame has Kris S in his pedigree as well. so wouldnt work out, dont think zenyatta would approve anyways...shed take one look at him..pin her ears and walk away LOL
  • You're right, Rachel. Zenyatta would probably be mortified to be anywhere near Blame (sweet guy that he is though.)
  • KalarKalar Member
    edited March 2014
    Yeh, way too close for comfort in the pedigree. Although there are some that are into that sort of thing. My little sister says that if it works out, they call it 'linebreeding' and if it doesn't work out they call it 'inbreeding.' jeez leweez

If was just a funny name to think about. I agree with lauraj_cincinnati that there will be a lot of fun naming his foals. har
  • KalarKalar Member
    @RoxanneLynn LOL Zenyatta would turn up her nose and stomp off. hahaha
  • Blameitontheguinness....

Iclaimfowl

Mynosegottherefirst

Outrageous

Family Fued
  • KalarKalar Member
    @Rachel Bahahahahahaha