RACING MARCH 16-17 - REBEL STAKES OAKLAWN

Ann_MareeAnn_Maree Member
REBEL STAKES AT OAKLAWN! A potpourri of racing action awaits us this weekend, with a Derby prep, an Oaks prep, a Grade 1 for fillies and mares, along with four other graded stakes for the distaffers. Throw in a Grade 2 contest at a longer distance of 1 ½ miles on the turf for older horses at Santa Anita, and we have an exciting race-filled two days! The REBEL STAKES at Oaklawn looks to be the deepest field of three year olds we have seen all season. Not to mention that several from the jockey colony at Santa Anita will be on hand, including Mike Smith, Corey Nakatani, Garrett Gomez, Rafael Bejarano, along with Calvin Borel, who has been wintering at Oaklawn and who recently got his 5,000th win at that track. Baffert brings a duo, as does the "Coach" himself, D. Wayne Lukas! It doesn't get much better than this! Here we go!!!

My blog can take you through the weekend, with time ordered list of the races, Cards, and race replays!

http://letsgototheraces.blogspot.com/2013/03/march-16-17.html

Comments

• carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Is anyone else going go be at Oaklawn? Hubby and I spending the day....opening the infield for the first time this year....going exploring...
  • The discription said potpourri, all I thought of was a mix of oats alfalfa new leather and horsey smell mixed together. I sure would like to have that in a bag of potpourri lol
  • Super Ninety Nine
  • Thanks so much for your great web site and blog, Ann-Marie. I really do appreciate your putting the races together in time order and providing the entries and links for us. You make it easier to follow, at least for me!
  • RosebudRosebud Member
    yep thanks
  • I was away for a while due to a little thing called a heart attack! I had surgery and am doing very well, and I have started to revive my blog. www.LetsGoToTheRaces.blogspot.com. I did post quite a bit about the Derby and Derby weekend, and of course the links there next to the race information takes you to a replay page by BloodHorse. I should be able to maintain some regularity of posting race information and at the very least I will always try to post the time-ordered Entries and time-ordered List. I actually picked this up from the way races are listed in many overseas venues. I noticed in the UK that all races are listed in time-ordered format. Since I have a couple of services that enable me to watch races all over the world, it is much easier for me to plan my viewing that way.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    glad you are feeling better Ann-Maree...continue getting well..