Midnight Lucky

KetaKeta Member
Midnight Lucky Uber Impressive (RACE REPLAY VIDEO)
Zipse at the Track Horse Racing Nation 3/25/2013 5:01 AM
Trainer Bob Baffert knows a good filly when he sees one. Baffert also knows the Sunland Park Oaks. Winning five of the last seven editions of New Mexico's premier three-year-old filly race tends to do that for you. As successful as the trainer has been in the race, 2013 may be something just a little bit different. Anyone who witnessed Midnight Lucky prancing down the Sunland stretch yesterday knows that the daughter of Midnight Lute is on her way to becoming something very special.
There has been much talk about Midnight Lucky ever since her eye-popping debut last month. A seven length winner of the 6 1/2 furlong maiden race at Santa Anita Park for owners Mike Pegram, Karl Watson, and Paul Weitman, she was sent off as the overwhelming 3-10 favorite in yesterday's field of eight. Midnight Lucky was fully expected to handle the step up in distance, and in class, in only her second lifetime start. She exceeded those expectations.
Able to gain a forward position right from the get-go, Midnight Lucky pressured the early leader, and second choice, Majestic River from second. Keeping Majestic River close through a half mile in :46.44, rider, Rafael Bejarano needed to give little in the way of encouragement as the pair took over after six furlongs in 1:09.95. Switching to the inside for the run down the lane, Midnight Lucky began to show her immense talent. Pulling away from the field with each stride, all Bejarano had to do was hold on. Midnight Lucky made the $200,000 stakes race look like little more than a morning gallop. On the wire, the pretty gray filly was eight lengths ahead of Unusual Way, who grabbed second in the strung out field.
http://www.horseracingnation.com/blogs/zatt/Midnight_Lucky_Uber_Impressive_123

Comments

• KetaKeta Member
    Ed DeRosa tweet
    I think Midnight Lucky could beat Black Caviar going 2 miles on dirt #DerbyChat
  • KetaKeta Member
    Sunland Oaks produces dazzling performance by Midnight Lucky (RACE REPLAY VIDEO)
    By Jay Privman Daily Racing Form 03/24/2013 8:46PM
    SUNLAND PARK, N.M. – It was her first race against winners, around two turns, in a stakes race, and away from her home.
    And it all mattered not a bit.
    In a crushing performance that stamped her as one of the elite candidates for the Kentucky Oaks on May 4, the dazzling 3-year-old filly Midnight Lucky rolled to an eight-length win in track-record time on Sunday when defeating seven outmatched rivals in the $200,000 Sunland Park Oaks.
    “Oh my God,” jockey Rafael Bejarano said after dismounting.
    http://www.drf.com/news/sunland-oaks-produces-dazzling-performance-midnight-lucky
  • KetaKeta Member
    GOVENOR CHARLIE & MIDNIGHT LUCKY
    Jay Privman‏ DRF tweet
    Govenor Charlie, Midnight Lucky came out of Sunland wins in good order,
    Baffert said today. They fly back to CA on Tues. #kyderby #kyoaks
  • I love them grays !!! She was just spectacular to watch!
  • Thanks for posting this race, Keta. It was fun to watch. A new filly to watch now.
  • Greetings'

I just wanted to say' I love this filly. I think Midnight Lucky could easilyl take on the boys.(IMO) I just hope she stays strong and accident free.
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited May 2014
    BH Race Results ‏on Saturday May 3 2014
    Midnight Lucky (Midnight Lute - Citiview) wins the Humana Distaff S..
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/USA/CD/2014/5/3/7/humana-distaff-s-gr-I

Daily Racing Form ‏ ‏on Saturday May 3 2014
    Midnight Lucky making first start since winning G1 Acorn in June 2013.
    Her only loss in five starts a 5th in 2013 #KyOaks after setting pace
    Midnight Lucky and @RosieNapravnik waiting to enter winner's circle.

• KetaKeta Member
    Americas Best Racing ‏tweet Saturday May 3 2014
    Baffert says year-end goal for Midnight Lucky is the BCup FM Sprint.
    "Going a mile or less, this filly is as good as any I have ever had."
  • Midnight Lucky should of won the Kentucky Oaks last year
  • So since COVID-19 (corona virus) has me on a self imposed quarantine I'm bored so, I'll be listing Midnight Lucky's foals:

Midnight Mystery 2016 gelding by War Front
    Miss D Day 2017 filly by Curlin
    Unnamed 2018 filly by Tapit
    Unnamed 2019 colt by Curlin
  • Her 2 year old colt by Curlin is still Unnamed. He is owned by Repole, St. Elias, Gainesway, J. Oxley, Grandview. He is having workouts at Stonestreet Training Llc. Here is his equibase page. https://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=10589765&registry=T
  • Her 2 year old colt by Curlin is still Unnamed. He is owned by Repole, St. Elias, Gainesway, J. Oxley, Grandview. He is having workouts at Stonestreet Training Llc. Here is his equibase page. https://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=10589765&registry=T

He is still Unnamed. Here is his latest workout. Stonestreet Training Llc 5/20/2021 Dirt 3F 37.88 Breezing 1/13

He is still unnamed. Here is his latest workout. Saratoga 6/30/2021 Dirt 3F 37.54 Breezing 6/9
  • He is still unnamed. Here is his latest workout. Saratoga 7/22/2021 Dirt 4F 48.72 Breezing 10/54
  • She was bred to Into Mischief for 2022.
  • He is still unnamed. Here is his latest workout. Saratoga 8/10/2021 Dirt 4F 49.33 Breezing 7/18
  • Her 4 year old filly Miss D Day was unraced and has a 2021 filly by Kantharos. Her 3 year old filly by Tapit has been named Midnight Treasure and is currently unraced with no works. Her 2 year old colt by Curlin is still Unnamed and is having workouts at Saratoga. She also has a yearling filly by Curlin and a 2021 filly by Justify.
  • Here is her 2 year old Unnamed colt's latest workout. Saratoga 8/10/2021 Dirt 4F 49.33 Breezing 7/18
  • Her yearling Curlin colt (HIP #0063) was bought by Trival Partners for $140,000 at the 2021 Keeneland September Yearling Sale.