Curlin

Curlin stands at Lane's End. Ended 2012 top 10 freshman sire by earnings.
Curlin first Foal was a Filly (A beautiful Filly) Lived to be ONLY one month old Had to be euthanasied
Story is a (Paddock Accident) Can't find any information what kind of accident from any
of the sites I go on. Does anyone have info regarding same.

Comments

• Probably broke its leg while playing, maybe shoulder. No info on injury at all.
  • There were never details published about the nature of the accident beyond that it was irreparable damage.

• Has anyone seen Countess Curlin? She is absolutely beautiful! Curlin is putting out a good crop for sure.
  • One of his foals just had a race today, Curlamorous. She came in 2nd
  • I'll have to try to find the race online. He's such an amazing horse it's no surprise he's putting out such a good crop.
  • Palace Malice, a three year old, son of Curlin out of the Mare Palace Rumor will run 3/30 for the $1 million Louisiana Derby Will be a exciting race. Todd Pletcher is a excellent trainer.
  • Yeah, I've been watching Palace Malice. Really hope he makes it to the Derby
  • RosebudRosebud Member
    ME TOO!!!
  • CURLIN: Shh, don't Rachel find out about all these other foals, she'll hit the roof and I just paid for her new perm. Don't want to see that go to waste.
  • Hey, she has no cause for complaint. She dumped him for another stud.
  • KetaKeta Member
    2007 Belmont Stakes – Rags To Riches
    Published on Jun 18, 2012
    No, it did not start well for Rags to Riches, or for that matter the filly’s jockey, John Velazquez, or her trainer, Todd Pletcher. She stumbled out of the gate for the 139th running of the Belmont Stakes, and for a heart-in-your-throat moment, Velazquez and Pletcher had a simultaneous and bitter thought: Why did we do this? Why did we run this girl against the boys when history told us it was foolish?
    Two minutes later, however, Velazquez had Rags to Riches eyeball-to-eyeball with the Preakness champion, Curlin, and Pletcher was on his feet in a clubhouse box, his heart thumping in his chest, his voice uncharacteristically growing louder.
    “Come on, baby! Come on, baby! Come on, baby!” Pletcher cried, his voice growing more urgent with every stride.
    He is a placid man by nature, and a humbled one when it comes to Triple Crown races. He has been the nation’s leading trainer three years running, but before yesterday he had saddled 28 horses in the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness Stakes and the Belmont, and had not visited the winner’s circle.

Keta Note: This is the complete package. The pre-race interviews & horse profiles, an excellent graphic of the Belmont track with a comparison to Derby and Preakness, the race, and the post-race award & interviews. Good prep for the upcoming Belmont.
  • kurtkurt Member
    whatta stretch run!
  • Thanx for the video...always a fan of Curlin...was a great race!
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    this stretch run and the WinningColors/PersonalEnsign breeders cup are two of my all time favorites....4 great horses
  • Rags to Riches - what a gal! That stumble coming out of the gate; no one made a big deal out of it, but that must have taken a little out of her. For her to overcome that, go four-wide, and win against the likes of Curlin and Hard Spun and Tiago is quite a feat. My hat has always been off to her. What a fighter!
  • I would like to also say that Johnny V is a great jockey. And his graciousness at the winning ceremonies says a lot about the better side of horse racing. As Keta said earlier, this whole Belmont presentation is a good illustration as to why many of us love the game.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Stonestreet Farm ‏tweet with PHOTO Wed. June 12 2013
    Speaking of Curlin, check out this yearling colt out of Rachel Alexandra
    named Jess’s Dream… Taco IsItInYou
  • TOP BILLING WINS!
    The Downey Profile ‏tweet Sat. Jan. 25 2014
    Surfing U S A sets honest but not too-fast pace, Top Billing (McGaughey, Rosario) rolls from last to win with authority at GP 1:42.66.
    RT @larrycollmus Top Billing's final time was less than a second off the track record set by older stakes winner River Seven.

Ray Paulick tweet Top Billing owned and bred by WS Farish and EJ Hudson Jr Trust, trained by Shug McGaughey. Bright future for this 3yo colt. Joel Rosario up
    DRFBreeding ‏tweet
    Impressive GP winner Top Billing (Curlin) o/o G3W Parade Queen (A.P. Indy).
    Dam of G3W Untouched Talent, dam of Bodemeister. #KyDerby
  • Yes!
  • Here is that race:
  • Yaay Happy for Top Billing and one of my favorite trainers...Shug McGaughey!
  • Even tho Stonestreet entry came in second, they have to be somewhat pleased that a Curlin kid won.
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited January 2014
    Heard another Curlin baby (filly?) won a turf race a few minutes ago on TVG. The jockey I believe was Gary Stevens and the owner was listed as Glen Hill Farm. Didn't catch the race track (Santa Anita?) or horses name as I was working on something else on the computer. Did anyone catch this race?