-------------------------------------------------------
    21 Uncle Sigh (Indian Charlie) 24
    22 Vinceremos (Pioneerof the Nile) 20
    23 Harry’s Holiday (Harlan’s Holiday) 20
    24 Commanding Curve (Master Command) 20
    25 Pablo Del Monte (Giant’s Causeway) 20
    26 Bayern (Offlee Wild) 20
    27 Social Inclusion (Harlan’s Holiday) 20
  • Ride on Curlin is getting better and better with each race. I really like this colt. He may not win the Derby or even hit the board, but I think we will be hearing more about him past the Triple Crown races. He is on my short list.
  • Ride On Curlin is #10 on this weeks Derby Dozen list: Ride On Curlin William GowanClick Here!

Curlin—Magical Ride, by Storm Cat

Well, he delivered by presenting his connections with an invitation to Churchill Downs, and that’s all you could ask of him, especially under the circumstances and such a freaky performance by a 71-1 shot. He at least did the one thing I was hoping to see and that was come from off the pace and make one late run. Even though he lost valuable ground fanning wide at the top of the stretch, this was a huge step forward, and he now seems as if he’s reverting back to the horse we saw fly home from eighth in the Champagne Stakes. He has the bottom and the experience, and I hope they stick with Jon Court, who has had some tough luck getting to the Derby, despite winning two Arkansas Derbys and getting beat a neck in the Santa Anita Derby. He deserves this shot. So now this colt means business and can take his consistency and his strong pedigree, and his closing punch to Churchill with a live shot at the roses. He’s been first, second, or third in eight of his nine stakes, and was a close fourth in his other race, the grade III Iroquois. He’s run big from 5 1/2 furlongs to 1 1/8 miles and has been second, third, and fourth in his three starts at Churchill Downs, so he knows the track well.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/kentucky-derby-dozen/archive/2014/04/14/derby-dozen-april-14-2014-presented-by-shadwell-farm.aspx#ixzz2ytsfHHvq
  • Hmm,,not sure I like that jockey choice for Ride on Curlin.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Wonder why they replaced Jon Court....
  • carolinarkansas, if you go to Ride On Curlin's on the Kentucky Derby Contenders page you will find the owners reasons. Not sure I agree with them, but not my call of course.
  • Ride On Curlin – This colt took a good bump at the start, but recovered just fine and went three-four wide into the clubhouse turn. He stalked the pace down the back stretch while about six lengths off the lead. Rounding the far turn, he started making his move and was about eight wide entering the stretch. He closed alright, while getting up for the place, but he never threatened the winner. As for his chances in Louisville, see above. I may include him underneath, but I do not like his chances of winning.
  • Ride on Curlin (55) (Jockey: Calvin Borel)
  • i would of really wanted jon court to ride
    i would of really wanted jon court to ride
    Me too.....he and RoC seemed to get on so well at Oaklawn
  • Ride On Curlin 30-1 Arkansas Derby, 4/12 Kentucky Derby, 1 1/4 m JP: No match for Ark. Derby winner, but certainly fought on bravely for second over Bayern.
    by Curlin 2nd by 4 3/4, 94 Churchill Downs, 5/3 MW: I thought he was only picking up the pieces late. He needs to take a healthy step forward.
    Owner: Daniel Dougherty; Trainer: William Gowan; Jockey: Calvin Borel
  • ik jon court is a really talented rider and i think noone really sees it
    ik jon court is a really talented rider and i think noone really sees it
    I agree ....and he had great rides with this colt....
  • Ride on Curlin: He arrived at Churchill Downs on April 15.
  • RIDE ON CURLIN (No. 11) – Daniel Dougherty’s Ride On Curlin, runner-up in the Arkansas Derby (G1), galloped after the renovation break under exercise rider Bryan Beccia for trainer Billy Gowan.

Ride On Curlin, who arrived here last Monday, is scheduled to work Saturday or Sunday depending on weather according to Gowan. Three-time Kentucky Derby-winning rider Calvin Borel has the mount for Derby 140.
  • Curlin stands at Lane's End. Ended 2012 top 10 freshman sire by earnings.
    Curlin first Foal was a Filly (A beautiful Filly) Lived to be ONLY one month old Had to be euthanasied
    Story is a (Paddock Accident) Can't find any information what kind of accident from any
    of the sites I go on. Does anyone have info regarding same.

Was that Rachel Alexandrea's foal?
  • @Amylizm no Rachel's filly was born 2 years later I believe
  • Ride On Curlin is #7 on this weeks Derby Dozen list: Ride On Curlin William GowanClick Here!

Curlin—Magical Ride, by Storm Cat

This colt has an interesting distinction. In the first Derby Future Wager back in November, of the 23 individual betting interests, he is the only one remaining who currently is in the starting Derby field. The only other one with a chance of getting in is Pablo Del Monte. This colt definitely has earned his way in, scraping and clawing and picking up stray points wherever he could get them. The bottom line with him is that he’s run nine times (God bless him), has finished in the money in eight of them, and was a close fourth in his other start. This year especially, we need a good old-fashioned runnin’ hoss who gives his all every time. He’s finished in the money at 5 1/2 furlongs, six furlongs, one mile, 1 1/16 miles, and 1 1/8 miles. He’s hit the board in six stakes, and with Cairo Prince gone, is the only 2-year-old dirt horse of note still on the Derby trail. All winter, I’ve been waiting for him to return to his Champagne Stakes running style, making that one big run. He needed to get as far off the pace as possible, and he finally succeeded in the Arkansas Derby, going six wide at the head of the stretch and rallying out in the middle of the track for second. Although I would have loved to seen Jon Court stay on him, getting Calvin Borel certainly won’t hurt his chances, but it will hurt his price. Expect to see him even farther back than he was in the Arkansas Derby.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/kentucky-derby-dozen/archive/2014/04/21/derby-dozen-april-21-2014-presented-by-shadwell-farm.aspx#ixzz2zYrfwYgY
  • Do not like the jockey change for Ride on Curlin, but guess it is not my place to judge.
  • Daniel Dougherty's Ride On Curlin, runner-up in the Arkansas Derby in his most recent start, galloped after the renovation break under exercise rider Bryan Beccia. Trained by Bill Gowan, Ride On Curlin is scheduled to breeze Saturday or Sunday, depending on weather, with jockey Calvin Borel up.
  • RIDE ON CURLIN (No. 11) - Daniel Doughtery's Arkansas Derby (GI) runner-up Ride On Curlin galloped a mile in 1:57.40 but stretched his legs down the lane and finished the final quarter in :26.20 after the renovation break under exercise rider Bryan Beccia.

Conditioned by Billy Gowan, Ride On Curlin is scheduled to breeze most likely on Saturday, depending on weather.