Animal Kingdom

Comments

• Thanks, Mr. Haskin, for the wonderful article on Animal Kingdom. He's a great horse, and I hope he has good racing luck in the UK, and most importantly, that he stays well and sound!
  • KetaKeta Member
    Andrew Bensley ‏tweets ANIMAL KINGDOM Monday April 15
    @ArrowfieldStud reports this morning Animal Kingdom will be aimed at Queen Ann
    on opening day of Royal Ascot. Trainer very positive.

John Messara told @SkySportsRadio1 a start in the Queen Ann will depend how Animal Kingdom copes with undulating tracks in preparation.

John Messara says the plan with Animal Kingdom is too probably retire him after Royal Ascot. Stand at stud in Australia for $35,000 + GST.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Graham Motion ‏ tweet with ANIMAL KINGDOM PHOTO
    AK coming back from his first gallop this morning at Kingsdown.

• KetaKeta Member
    Channel 4 Racing ‏tweet Wed. April 24
    First race of #RoyalAscot could see Queen Anne clash between
    Black Caviar's half-bro All Too Hard and Dubai World Cup winner Animal Kingdom.
  • John Velazquez will ride his 2011 Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Animal Kingdom when the recent Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) hero makes his career finale at the mid-June Royal Ascot meeting in England.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/77802/velazquez-to-ride-animal-kingdom-at-ascot#ixzz2RaLg7mqu
  • KetaKeta Member
    Team Valor ‏tweet
    John Velazquez confirmed for mount on Animal Kingdom at Royal Ascot.
    (Here is link to press release)
    http://www.teamvalor.com/news/April2013/VelazquezAK.pdf
    Keta Note: Just supporting Rachel's post
  • Graham Motion ‏ tweet with ANIMAL KINGDOM PHOTO
    AK coming back from his first gallop this morning at Kingsdown.

Didn't see this photo when it was first posted. Just want to say it's a beautiful photo aesthetically speaking: brilliantly colored horse and rider against a fantastic grey sky. And talk about long-bodied horses. Wow, he sure is.

• KetaKeta Member
    Channel 4 Racing ‏tweet CORAL ECLIPSE ENTRIES
    A quality 60-strong entry – with 45 Group 1 wins between them – has been unveiled for the £425,000 @Coral Eclipse @Sandownpark on 6 July.
    Selected Eclipse entries: Animal Kingdom, St Nicholas Abbey, Camelot,
    Cirrus Des Aigles, Snow Fairy, Red Cadeaux, Dawn Approach, Kingsbarns.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Graham Motion ‏tweets with Animal Kingdom PHOTOS on Monday May 27
    AK following Perpetually up the short this morning.

How many people does it take to shoe a Dubai World Cup winner?

• AlexAlex Member
    I hope he really runs well at Royal Ascot!!! He is such a Terrific horse!
  • He is phenominal! I'm sure he'll do well at Ascot.
  • KetaKeta Member
    GrahamMotion ‏tweet Wed. May 29
    Ak breezed 4 furlongs at Ascot this am.
    He picked it up from five furlongs out and
    went the final 1/4 in 24.6 on soft ground with JRV up
  • KetaKeta Member
    HallmarcStallionsLLC ‏tweet with PHOTO
    The Americans are coming! The Americans are coming.....!
    AK by LEROIDESANIMAUX #TheMidnightRideOfAscotRevere

Loved Pati's Reply Tweet
    Yep, and we're bringing our World Cup winner with us. :-)

• RachelRachel Member
    Runs in the red white and blue, wins like a european ;)
  • kurtkurt Member
    AK alone has me considering another ky trip next January..one of the most stunning horses ive ever had the opportunity to see in person..i imagine what he'll look like as a stallion with a few pounds on him will be breathtaking
  • I never noticed the little heart-shaped mark on his hind end before.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Its his go button ;)
  • I wonder... What would an Animal Kingdom - Zenyatta breeding make? Tantalizing idea....
  • RachelRachel Member
    i have a feeling that Animal Kingdom will look alot like his daddy when he goes to stud and puts on those pounds
  • kurtkurt Member
    RACHEL- thinking your probably right, i saw a pic of leroide..... galloping in his paddock and thought it was ak.
    wondering, AK is 5 so hes considered a full grown horse now, any idea how tall he is?
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited May 2013
    im thinking 16 hands or a littel over 16 hands. hes not too big. how wonderful is it that our past kentucky derby winner is still winning races and running in general and all over the world at that. i love it.
  • RachelRachel Member
    helmet cam for Animal Kingdom. his work 2 days ago

http://www.hrtv.com/videos/on-top-of-the-kingdom/?VideoCategoryId=2
  • KetaKeta Member
    Emotional return
    Tim Richards Thoroughbred Owner & Breeder Wednesday, May 29, 2013
    Englishman abroad Graham Motion won the world’s richest race with Animal Kingdom; now he’s back in his homeland to fulfill a lifelong dream
    http://www.ownerbreeder.co.uk/2013/05/emotional-return/#.UaYf9xFKIWw.twitter
    Keta Note: This is an in-depth Q & A interview with Graham Motion.
    Covers his training in the UK (Flatterer), his relationship with Team Valor,
    where he is staying in UK and why, and training in the USA and Animal Kingdom..
    Long but well worth the read.
  • That photo of Animal Kingdom is superlative! It actually looks like an oil painting to me. He is a magnificent horse, for sure! I love to see them run as older individuals.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Royal Ascot 2013: Animal Kingdom feature
    AtTheRacesUK Published on Jun 5, 2013
    Graham Motion's Animal Kingdom looks set to take up his Royal Ascot engagement
    and here we feature the former Kentucky Derby winner.