Animal Kingdom

Comments

• KetaKeta Member
    Channel 4 Racing ‏ (UK not NY) tweet Thurs. June 6
    They're running scared of Animal Kingdom in the Queen Anne Stakes.
    Farhh might be switched elsewhere, now Cityscape is out

• RachelRachel Member
    oh dear, how many horses are going to be in the race? lol
  • Maybe it'll be a "walkover" for Animal Kingdom.
  • kurtkurt Member
    anyone know what time..preferably i california time, the race is on tuesday?..guessing late monday night/early tues am for us?..is tvg going to show it?
  • Tuesday will mark the end of the great Animal Kingdom's career as he takes on rivals in the Queen Anne Stakes at arguably the most prestigious race meet in the world, Royal Ascot. What a career it has been for this awesome horse!

Please check out my latest Horse Racing Nation article, "The End of the Animal Kingdom Saga": http://www.horseracingnation.com/blogs/grandstand/The_End_of_the_Animal_Kingdom_Saga_123
  • KetaKeta Member
    HallmarcStallionsLLC with PHOTO
    CHAMPS beget CHAMPS!
    Happy Fathers Day LEROI...Long live the KING! #LEROIDESANIMAUX

• KetaKeta Member
    ANIMAL KINGDOM on Bred to Win
    Arrowfield TV Duration: 07:34 minutes
    The new Arrowfield acquisition, Dubai World Cup & Kentucky Derby winner
    Animal Kingdom stars in Sky’s Bred to Win feature ahead of the
    2013 Royal Ascot Queen Anne Stakes G1.
    http://tv.arrowfield.com.au/index.php?videoID=594946#.Ub8zyjfD7fo.twitter
    Keta Note: Excellent video. Combination of interviews & race/horse footage.
    Describes thinking behind Animal Kingdom breeding.
    One thing I noticed-it is better watched on small not full screen. Not sure why but blurry on full screen.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Animal Kingdom, and American racing, are winners regardless of Queen Anne result
    Dubai Race Nights This entry was written by PatCummings,
    posted on June 17, 2013 at 6:56 pm, filed under Perspectives.
    They can run the Queen Anne (G1) at Royal Ascot just about any time they want. The expected reactions to Animal Kingdom’s performance are most likely already cemented. These reactions are predictable, and they’ve essentially been festering via social media for weeks, crystallizing as the field solidified for the race, but they really miss the point of this historic event.
    If any of the four results below occur, you WILL hear/read/experience these thoughts. How could one be surprised if the stories aren’t already drafted?
    Excerpt from later in article
    …mostly because Kentucky Derby winners are so rarely seen around, let alone in the winner’s circle, in the years after their Derby tally.
    Giacomo, the 2005 Kentucky Derby victor, was the last Derby winner to take a race in his 4-year-old season, a score in the San Diego Handicap at Del Mar. The last Derby winner to have a win after his 4-year-old year was 2003 champ Funny Cide (a winner at six and seven), but he was a gelding. The last non-gelding to have won the Kentucky Derby and a start beyond his 4-year-old season was Silver Charm, taking the 1999 San Pasqual Handicap, two years after his 1997 Derby score. Before that, it was 1991 winner Strike The Gold, who took down a non-descript allowance race in April 1993
    http://www.dubairacenight.com/animal-kingdom-and-american-racing-are-winners-regardless-of-queen-anne-result/
  • KetaKeta Member
    Team Valor tweet Monday June 17
    Lexington folks, check out @LEX18News tonight for a story on Animal Kingdom
    with @cutler18.

• RachelRachel Member
    race is tomorrow and time is 9:30am Eastern
  • Woohoo!! I'm excited and nervous for him!
  • I wouldn't miss it for anything. AK is such an incredible horse.
  • Only an hour to post time...I am at the office with no way to dial in to anything associated with racing, gambling, social media, and a virtual host of other forbidden web sites (government agency=STRONG firewall, and taboos all over the place), so I hope one, or some of you will post...as you are so generously wont to do. I will have to admit I am nervous for him also. Ascot is such an awe filled event. Pomp. Ceremony. And, not presented by Yum Brands.
  • He didn't win. Beat only 3 home according to BBC radio.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited June 2013
    I have sad news :( AK was beaten by Declaration of War. AK was in a good position but he tired, probably the uphill finish that did him in plus he was rank a little bit. But Declaration of War is a son of War Front.
  • RachelRachel Member
    They said this win wouldnt do much for him stud value wise so it wint tarnish his record
  • kurtkurt Member
    you could tell the entire race he wasnt comfortable...hey, he tried, 99.9% of other american horses wont even give it a shot..hes still a champ in my book AK!!
  • RachelRachel Member
    Well Omaha couldnt do it either so hes in good company of losers lol being that hes only the 3rd american horse to try in over 100 years
  • So sad to see that he did not win this. I am so enamored of this horse, I just knew he was going to relish the turf and win this big one by large margins. :( It looked to me like he had a tough time doing the uphill, must have been a little confusing too - he's used to making those turns in our oval racing. Guess it just was not to be, but as long as he is healthy and sound, that is truly what really matters. He is very special to still be racing at 5 after all the setbacks he has had. Happy Retirement, Big Guy!!!!
  • kurtkurt Member
    @celeste- agree 100%!!..first time i saw AK in person at SA last november, been a huge fan, hes gorgeous in person. as long as hes sound at the end of the day, im happy! AK lost the race, but i think him and his connections deserve TONS of respect for giving this a shot. AK loses nothing in this defeat
  • Declaration Of War is sired by War Front! Makes the Moss' look very right indeed.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Race Replay: Queen Anne Stakes, Ascot, 18-06-13
    racingpost.com Published on Jun 18, 2013
    Declaration Of War gets the Royal meeting off to a great start for Ballydoyle
    as the hot favourite Animal Kingdom beats one home

Keta Note:Declaration of War (KY) B , C, foaled April 29, 2009
    ( War Front - Tempo West, by Rahy)
  • RachelRachel Member
    speaking of War Front he has another in this next race at Royal Ascot called War Command and he looks gorgeous. i think this resulting foal is going to look European