Trainer John Shirreffs

Comments

• today at Santa Anita, Sheriffs has Dynesque in race 6, its a maiden special weight. Dynesque is by Dynaformer out of Super Freaky (Smart Strike).

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=9107329&registry=T
  • Sheriffs also has Rookie Sensation running in the 8th race, an allowance. Rookie Sensation is by Unbridled's Song and is a huge 17 hand gunmetal grey colt.
  • @rachel Stanwyck is also running in the Santa Margarita.
  • Stanwyck came in a respectable 3rd; ran well I thought.
  • Rookie Sensation lost by a very short nose, he closed like a rocket on the inside. i thought it was going to be a dead heat but it wasnt. he got into some trouble before the wire, that might of cost him a bit. great race tho
  • Supreme Commander trained by John, owned by Stronach Stables, and ridden by Aaron Gryder was in the 1st race today at Santa Anita. He finished 6th.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited March 2014
    we got Cool Samurai in race 8 at SA as well, its an allowance

nevermind, hes now scratched. idk why
  • Stanwyck is entered in the Apple Blossom Stakes on Friday April 11th at Oaklawn Park. John Shirreffs is the trainer and Gary Stevens is the jockey.
  • The complete field for the $600,000 Apple Blossom Handicap from the rail out with riders and weights: Close Hatches, Joel Rosario, 121; Rose to Gold, Calvin Borel, 115; Stanwyck, Gary Stevens, 115; On Fire Baby, Joe Johnson, 115, and Let Faith Arise, Corey Nakatani, 117.
  • JanDJanD Member
    I was really hoping he would enter Ebby for this race.
  • We would of known in advance if she was
  • Rutile (half sis to Giacomo, Tiago, and Stanwyck by Medaglia d' Oro) is entered in race 2 a 7 furlong maiden special weight for fillies 3 and up on Thursday (April 10th.) She is owned by the Mosses, trained by John Shirreffs, and will be ridden by Aaron Gryder.
  • Rutile ?
  • Rutile (half sis to Giacomo, Tiago, and Stanwyck by Medaglia d' Oro) is entered in race 2 a 7 furlong maiden special weight for fillies 3 and up on Thursday (April 10th.) She is owned by the Mosses, trained by John Shirreffs, and will be ridden by Aaron Gryder.
    According to my equibase app she was scratched by the vet.
  • I wonder why she was scratched.
  • Stanwyck seems to have been on our radar for a long time. How is it I am just now becoming aware of Rutile?

The name shows thought went into it...Daddy is MDO and Rutile is a mineral composed primarily of titanium.

Rutile (KY)

DK B/, F, foaled April 16, 2011

( Medaglia d'Oro - Set Them Free, by Stop the Music)

Connections as of last Start:Jockey: N/A
    Trainer: N/A
    Owner: N/A
    Breeder: Mr. & Mrs. Jerome S. Moss

Connections as of last Start:
    Jockey: N/A
    Trainer: N/A
    Owner: N/A
    Breeder: Mr. & Mrs. Jerome S. Moss

Career Statistics:
    •Starts: 0
    •Firsts: 0
    •Seconds: 0
    •Thirds: 0
    •Earnings: $0
    •Earnings Per Start: $0
    •Highest N/A
  • Please notice that the Discussion Title has been changed to just "Trainer John Shirreffs" (was "Trainer John Shirreffs to Try East Coast String" )
  • i wonder where stanwyck, cool samurai, and blingo because ik i dont work at the jhon shirreffs barn but i think these are his top horses of 2014
  • KetaKeta Member
    Steve Andersen tweet Sunday April 20 2014 CONFIRMATION
    Trainer John Shirreffs said that Eblouissante was scratched from Sunday's Santa Lucia with a respiratory ailment. #santaanita
  • Such a bummer....hope she is better soon!
  • John A. Shirreffs
    Entries
    April 25 - Santa Anita
    Rookie Sensation Race 4 Last Tycoon S.
  • Rookie Sensation is a big gun metal grey colt by Unbridleds Song. He has yet to win
  • Rookie Sensation was 3rd in G3 Last Tycoon Stakes, stuck in traffic early stretch. Jockey Mike Smith - "I rode him horribly."

That has yet to be determined if i can see the replay
  • Rookie Sensation was stuck behind everybody. He was the trailer and then couldn't get out from behind because there was a row of horses spread in front of him. He finally went all the way outside and actually made it to first place in really fast, fast time. Unfortunately he was about a length beyond the finish line when that happened. He was really close. A better ride would have got him to the front sooner, I think.