Sendario (3-year-old colt)
    Date: June 24, 2013
    Track: SARATOGA
    Distance: Four Furlongs
    Time: 50:51 Breezing
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt training
  • RachelRachel Member
    According to Backside 55 fb, Morning Line is entered in the Triple Bend handicap. He drew post 1.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    I just saw on tvg that there are appx 6 grade 1 winners in the triple bend...
  • RachelRachel Member
    Yup, its gunna be one good race. Comma to the Top will be one of them. An ex derby contender that ever since he got the bone chips removed hes been winning races and never looked back
  • RachelRachel Member
    Im so excited! Mentor Cane finally hits the track at Belmont Park today in race 6 at 3:41pm eastern. He will be post position 9 in a field of 11. I cant wait :D its been forever since he has raced and thats cuz john sheriffs has been trying to get him to chill out during races. He was so head strong and so green he was almost lime! LOL. Speaking of Green, that means when a horse is new to the races they dont know how to act and sometimes will be head strong or weave on the track going down the stretch. It basically means a novice or new.
  • DoreenDoreen Member
    edited July 2013
    Congratulations to Mentor Cane, John, and the Mosses!! Mentor Cane was much the best today. Wicked fractions for the first four furlongs. Very impressive. Beautiful picture captured by Barbara Livingston:
  • Oh, he is gorgeous!
  • Congratulations to Mentor Cane, John, and the Mosses!! Mentor Cane was much the best today. Wicked fractions for the first four furlongs. Very impressive. Beautiful picture captured by Barbara Livingston:
    Stunning photo!
  • RachelRachel Member
    Wow he sure beefed up
  • EEowza....Mentor Cane ran really well; nice win! Barbara's photo was super.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited July 2013
    ROFLMAO!!! OMG! Mentor Cane won his race but kept on running! guess he really got the hang of this racing thing ;) :P

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1044131_622688794428874_36132321_n.jpg

(outrider caught him and brought him back to the winner's circle where his jockey re-mounted and they had their pic taken ) lol so hilarious
  • RachelRachel Member
    hes such a pretty horse https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/532_622688204428933_207057279_n.jpg im glad hes matured enough to know when to relax and run a good race. he was an accident waiting to happen last year
  • What coat coloring would you call Mentor Cane's? Is he considered a black? or Grey that will lighten later. What throws me off is his bleached blond lower half of his tail. Beautiful horse though!
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • edited July 2013
    Grey/rn on Pedigreequery.
  • JJfromMNJJfromMN Member
    edited July 2013
    I saw the race he was magnificent coming down to the wire. I see nothing but bigger and better things for him. Love his coloring.
  • What coat coloring would you call Mentor Cane's? Is he considered a black? or Grey that will lighten later. What throws me off is his bleached blond lower half of his tail. Beautiful horse though!
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    I think they call his coloring Steel Grey.
  • Joanna_TXJoanna_TX Member
    edited July 2013
    The whole gray/roan thing is so variable too. Some are quite dark when young and get lighter, some are quite dappled looking and some seem to be more evenly a darker gray with dark/black points. All lovely!
  • RachelRachel Member
    hmm apparently when Morning Line retires, he will stand at Lanes End. i went on their webpage to view The Factor and the link when you click on his name brings up Morning Line instead
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited July 2013
    speaking of The Factor, hes another horse that has that grey/bay look to him and infact he has actually gotten lighter with age http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/files/2011/03/thefactor.jpg racing days

and now hes a Grey! https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/487931_425335174182017_1092825863_n.jpg i would never recognize him lol
  • RachelRachel Member
    oh and by the way, The Factor is by War Front :P
  • Wow, he's gorgeous! I love how they can change so much over the years.
  • RachelRachel Member
    yup, my favorite kind of color is one that changes...except for 13z i like him the way he is lol
  • Rachel, since the factor is grey, does that mean Z14 could be grey or did The Factor get that from the dam?
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited July 2013
    i believe that came from his dam. War Front i dont think has any grey gene at all. its pretty hilarious actually...The Factor's dam is called Greyciousness and shes grey LOL and well what do you know? shes related to Ruffian http://www.pedigreequery.com/greyciousness
  • Thanks Rachel. I still can't wait to see the baby and what it will look like. So fun.