Trainer John Shirreffs

Comments

• Blu Jon finished 6th :/
  • foalwatcherfoalwatcher Member
    edited November 2013
    I decided to share in case others hadn't ran across the article. It's long but was still alot of fun to relive the Breeders Cup Classic moments through the eyes of John and a friend.

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/racinghub/archive/2010/11/03/Zenyatta-John-and-Me.aspx
  • Thanks for posting the link to this great article. Hard to read it through the tears, but wonderful description of the race.
  • Wow! The best insider piece written about the race.
    Thank you for sharing.
  • I often wondered who this man was in the race film...now I know. What an amazing piece of journalism...my heart is still pounding, my face is smiling at the memory of it all.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited December 2013
    Sheriffs won the Twilight Derby with Rookie Sensation, well hes back again with Rookie to contest the Hollywood Derby. theres already a scratch in the race with Dice Flavor opting to go in the Native Diver on Dec 14th. Heres the post line up:

http://www.horseracingnation.com/race/2012_Hollywood_Derby#

Rookie Sensation is by Unbridled's Song. Theres actually some good sires in this race for today, Jack Milton is by War Front and Dry Summer is by Any Given Saturday.
  • Sheriffs won the Twilight Derby with Rookie Sensation, well hes back again with Rookie to contest the Hollywood Derby. theres already a scratch in the race with Dice Flavor opting to go in the Native Diver on Dec 14th. Heres the post line up:

http://www.horseracingnation.com/race/2012_Hollywood_Derby#

Rookie Sensation is by Unbridled's Song. Theres actually some good sires in this race for today, Jack Milton is by War Front and Dry Summer is by Any Given Saturday.
    Don't forget Kitrten's Joy.
  • Go Rookie Sensation, post time 3:04 (PST)
    If you don't get TVG you can watch at calracing.com
    It's free, but does require you to register. I know most here know about this, but I'm adding it just in case............
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited December 2013
    crap move by the jockey to put him on the lead all the way around, his last race he came out of the clouds to split horses on the rail with no use of the whip at all from what i saw. he looked great though, hes just not the leader type. hes so big like Unbridled's Song, hes got speed but not for the front...more for stalking and pouncing.

he was on the lead all the way only to tire out and finish 5th
  • crap move by the jockey to put him on the lead all the way around, his last race he came out of the clouds to split horses on the rail with no use of the whip at all from what i saw. he looked great though, hes just not the leader type. hes so big like Unbridled's Song, hes got speed but not for the front...more for stalking and pouncing.

he was on the lead all the way only to tire out and finish 5th
    I agree time for a new jockey?
  • announcer stated that he was practically cantering on the lead lol but it is very unfortunate, however hes 3 and still has plenty of races to go yet.
  • Who won the race, and is it available yet on YouTube or wherever?
  • Thanks, Ashton. Seek Again is really red! Makes me want to see what 13Z is looking like these days.
  • Sheriffs has Super Sam in race 1 at Hollywood Park today. It is THE last day. He won a race yesterday with Katies Garden, how fitting. Hope he can do it again today
  • Hmm well Super Sam finished last
  • At Santa Anita on 27th, Sheriffs has Mosses owned Cool Samurai in post position 3 in race 3 for Maiden Special Weight
  • At Santa Anita on 27th, Sheriffs has Mosses owned Cool Samurai in post position 3 in race 3 for Maiden Special Weight
    Mike Smith is entered as rider.

• Sounds promising. Hmm, one to watch.
  • Cool Samurai did it! He won his first race!
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited December 2013
    Haha the Mosses beat a Baffert horse! In Bafferts own backyard lol
  • rowdeerowdee Member
    edited December 2013
    Cool Samurai did it! He won his first race!
    I thought I had seen Cool Samurai race and win before, so I checked it out. According to Equibase, this is his second start; and they show him with $52,000+ in earnings, and this is split down to $26,000+.
  • edited December 2013
    Cool Samurai did it! He won his first race!

I thought I had seen Cool Samurai race and win before, so I checked it out. According to Equibase, this is his second start; and they show him with $52,000+ in earnings, and this is split down to $26,000+.
    I don’t think Rachel was alluding that Cool Samurai won his first start, but got his first win…he won his first race in his second start (was second in his race debut).

That $52,000 is some nice earnings for this soon to be three-year old. I wouldn't mine having him in my barn. lol
  • It was a maiden special weight for 2 yr olds. It sounded lkke it was his first race. Got confused