Trainer John Shirreffs

Comments

• blingo finished 2nd last
  • edited January 2014
    Stanwyck is entered on January 12, 2014 at SANTA ANITA PARK. Paseana S.
  • Katie's Garden won her race at Santa Anita, I believe it was, this afternoon and looked good doing it! Another Shirreffs/Moss production.
  • I was watching TVG off and on this afternoon and tuned in just in time to see Katie's Garden head for the winner's circle. So missed that race. Watched a few others and then was watching them load the horses into the starting gate for the race in which Stanwyck was running when the station switched away from TVG's race coverage and went to golf instead. Bleah! So here I am to learn the results of that race. It must be on this Forum somewhere. Very frustrating. Got to see some other good races though.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    I believe Stanwyck was second by a head....
  • Yes, Stanwyck came in a close second; she looked good! I have HRTV; they NEVER show golf. Now maybe if a game develops where golf is played on horseback, it might make it on air. LOL!!
  • Yes, Stanwyck came in a close second; she looked good! I have HRTV; they NEVER show golf. Now maybe if a game develops where golf is played on horseback, it might make it on air. LOL!!
    How about Polo! Is that close enough! :o)
  • I thought about Polo, which HRTV does show now and then. They call themselves the 'network for horse sports' and that says it all. Now maybe if Polo shots had to go into a hole rather than a goal line. But then again, holes in the ground could be dangerous to the horses. I have seen something like basketball played on horseback... looks sort of fun! The ball has handles on it so it can be manipulated with one hand.
  • Joanna_TX...you just rang a bell with me regarding Clydesdales playing football on the Budweiser Commercials! :o)
  • I remember that one! All those commercials were so special. I miss them. I wonder if there will be one for this coming superbowl.....
  • Can't wait to see what Budweiser has for their 2014 Super Bowl!
    Sorry Joanna_TX...I think we'd better get back to the John Sherriff's thread topic! :o)
    Anyway...I'm closing up shop soon need to...zzzzz!
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    to Va in Ca...... some tvg carriers do not have them on full time....only certain hrs of the day....I watch tvg and they never cut away on my carrier....so do not blame tvg...talk to your carrier about expanding the amount of time they show tvg...I have direct tv....my sister has a different one....senior moment cant remember which...and they have both tvg and hrtv ...
    ok back to John S
  • Yea i have Direct TV too amd TVG never cuts to sports it plays all day and into the night
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited January 2014
    January 12 - Santa Anita
    Katie's Garden finished 1st by 1 1/4 lengths Race 5 (Owners: A & J Moss)
    Stanwyck finished 2nd beaten by a head Race 7
    Razorbill finished 9th beaten 8 1/4 lengths Race 8 (Owners: Ingordo, David and Desert Sun Stables)

• I did get to see the races on YouTube, so I'm okay with my TV service. I have Verizon Fios, which also does my Internet and telephones both land and wireless. The channel that has the horse racing also carries the Dodger games during baseball season. But next season the Dodgers will have their own network which I'm not sure I'll get. I have only basic cable. Back in 2010 the channel was broadcasting a race with Zenyatta and the time expired just as the horses were going into the starting gate. But that time the Dodger fans had to wait so that they could brpadcast the entire race. Good decision.
  • I wonder if Kylea can update the name of this discussion thread to just "Trainer John Shirreffs" instead of "Trainer John Shirreffs to Try East Coast String". There is a lot of discussion we don't want to "break" away from, but the East Coast focus isn't so relevant anymore.

Just a thought.
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited January 2014
    I wonder if Kylea can update the name of this discussion thread to just "Trainer John Shirreffs" instead of "Trainer John Shirreffs to Try East Coast String". There is a lot of discussion we don't want to "break" away from, but the East Coast focus isn't so relevant anymore.
    Just a thought.
    Good Idea Especially_Horses! Kylea seems busy right now...But the person who initiated the discussion can go back to the title and edit it herself without needing Kylea's help. I guess if GloriaJeanneOCCali is checking the forum...she could decide on changing the title that you requested. There's an [Option] button on the right of originator's posting if you hover around the gray star. When you click the option button, you will find the word "EDIT"...BUT...it only show's up if you are the initiator of the thread.
  • Cool Samurai (Worth Watching) -- The good: Cool Samurai finished second to Wicked Strong in his debut. The bad: He only beat The Admiral by a half-length in his maiden-breaker next time out. At couple of works at Betfair Hollywood Park in January, and we'll have to see what's next.
  • Eblouissante (5-Year-Old Mare)
    Date: January 22, 2014
    Track: BETFAIR HOLLYWOOD PARK
    Distance: Four Furlongs
    Time: 47:80 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: All Weather Track
  • Clockers Corner ‏@ClockersCorner tweet Sat. Feb. 1 2014
    The one and only John Shirreffs out ponying @santaanitapark

• Clockers Corner ‏@ClockersCorner tweet Sat. Feb. 1 2014
    The one and only John Shirreffs out ponying @santaanitapark

Thanks Keta, what a treat to see that photo.
  • Sheriffs has 3 in 3 different stakes this weekend

http://www.drf.com/news/jay-hovdey-shirreffs-going-long-saturday-stakes
  • Best of luck to Trainer Shirreffs as Race 5 at SA, up next, is the first of his 3 race entries today.

John A. Shirreffs
    Entries
    February 8 - Santa Anita

Blingo Race 5 San Antonio S.
    Utopian Race 7 San Marcos S.
    Cool Samurai Race 8 Robert B. Lewis S.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited February 2014
    YES!!! BLINGO PUTS AWAY GAME ON DUDE!! WOOOO