13Z

VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
edited April 2013 in Ziconic
Don't you think he deserves his own thread now that he's "out" ?

Comments

• Not sure if he was born April 1st.... Or simply April Fools' joke...
  • Well, since it came on Zenny's twitter page it should be real and not a joke.

I'm so happy!!!
  • It was confirmed this time by Team Zenyatta on Twitter and on the Waiting Room Thread in this Forum by kylea. I'm sure they wouldn't joke about this. They have promised pictures after they leave the foaling barn.
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    And Ray Paulick and the DRF have confirmed it as well
    http://www.drf.com/news/zenyatta-delivers-second-foal-colt-tapit
  • It IS confirmed..................I read the article at the DRF myself.............also got the announcement via (LOL of ALL places) via El Vino's Facebook page (he was Zenyatta's workout mate for anyone who doesn't know who he is).
  • I can't BELIEVE she actually "did it" before midnight so that they can share a birthday!!!!!
  • i saw the el vino update on facebook as well, got super excited and remembered its april fools day. then i saw he responded to a comment saying that the mosses wouldnt joke about that so yup, cant wait for the pics
  • and this time the mosses were present lol
  • Great article!
  • Rachel they were there when Z12 was born, too
  • 13Z born in 2013 with 13 minutes left in the day. It's a sign, a good sign!
  • Congratulations, Zenyatta! And to all your people, too! Another little boy - well done, Zenny! Can't wait to see his picture.
  • i meant that when zenyatta foaled they werent actually there at the time, they had to come back to the barn. this time they were there.
    Rachel, they were there when she foaled the first time, but she went into labor after they had left to go get dinner. They did get back in time to see her foal 12Z
  • Picture up, link on waiting room thread.
  • LlnayLlnay Member
    Yea! She had her foal on her b-day. Another little colt. Too bad Z12 won't get to meet him. So happy this is over now we can all breath better. And maybe get some sleep. Can't wait to see his picture. Love you big girl. Lou in Tx
    here he is!!!

• Rats I missed being here! Congrats to all who were. Had to take the trash out cause the disposal company's early tomorrow.

Well how bout that! Z and her second born share the same special day! Now like mother like son...I can rest eBay tonight knowing I'll have pics soon.

Thank you to all Team Z known and unknown for letting us in on this special night. To share in the joy. It's a wonderful thing to have owners who set the bar so high about how to treat the fans.

Please give Z our best. I hope all went smoothly and well. Will look forward to hearing all about the news. Just so very happy!
  • Ooh a chestnut with facial markings like mama!
  • Rachel, they were there when she foaled the first time, but she went into labor after they had left to go get dinner. They did get back in time to see her foal 12Z
    i know they did, im not saying they missed the whole thing

• KetaKeta Member
    Zenyatta delivers second foal, colt by Tapit
    By Nicole Russo Daily Racing Form 04/02/2013 12:44AM
    Champion Zenyatta delivered her second foal, a colt by popular commercial sire Tapit, late the night of Monday, April 1 at Lane's End Farm in Versailles, Ky.
    The colt was foaled at 11:47 p.m. Eastern time. He shares a birthday with his dam, who was foaled April 1, 2004.
    Zenyatta, a daughter of Street Cry, has been boarded at Lane's End for owners Jerry and Ann Moss since her retirement from racing in late 2010. The mare delivered her first foal, a colt by Bernardini, on March 8, 2012. The as-of-yet-unnamed yearling resides at Lane's End.
    Zenyatta, the 2010 Horse of the Year and champion older female in three consecutive years, won 19 of her 20 career starts, including the 2009 Breeders' Cup Classic and the 2008 Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic. The victories make her the only horse ever to win two different Breeders' Cup races.
    She won 13 total Grade 1 events, including three editions each of the Vanity Handicap and Lady's Secret Stakes, and two editions of the Apple Blossom Handicap. She finished second by a head to Blame in the 2010 Breeders' Cup Classic in her career finale. She retired with earnings of $7,304,580, making her the all-time leader among North American females.
    http://www.drf.com/news/zenyatta-delivers-second-foal-colt-tapit
  • KetaKeta Member
    Team Zenyatta ‏tweet
    It's a boy! Born April 1, 11:47 pm.
    Happy birthday Zenyatta!

• KetaKeta Member
    Ray Paulick tweet sums it all up
    Congratulations to Zenyatta, Jerry & Ann Moss, @LanesEndFarms,
    & Gainesway stallion Tapit on April 1 birth of a colt. Happy Birthday Z
  • The picture of Zenyatta and her new son on the blog page could be an equine "Madonna and Son." She is the picture of motherly love in the photo. Her babies are so lucky to have her as their mom. Congratulations again, Zenny!
  • Zenny gave herself a birthday present!