changing email

edited April 2013 in Tech Support & Tutorials
I am trying to change my old email to my new one. It will not let me change it. Any suggestions?

Comments

• I am trying to change my old email to my new one. It will not let me change it. Any suggestions?
    shouldn't there be a edit button by the email box?
  • I can put in the new email and click on "save" but it just keeps acting like its saving it for 5 minutes and never does.
  • I can put in the new email and click on "save" but it just keeps acting like its saving it for 5 minutes and never does.
    I can put in the new email and click on "save" but it just keeps acting like its saving it for 5 minutes and never does.
    Did you try to reload the page?
  • Yes, and actually tried it for 30 minutes. Nothing different. No change of email. just the little "blinking" that shows it is downloading on the site but no changes.
  • VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited April 2013
    Are you referring to changing your e-mail for the Zenyatta Forum? If so, maybe the Tech Support and Suggestions--the last category above right--could help you.
  • I had this happen to me as well when I accidentally typed a wrong internet carrier after the @symbol when signing up. I tried to edit and correct the address but the wheel symbol went on and on for over an hour.
    I gave up trying to correct my email error so I ended up having to register a totally new username, email address and password. My original incorrect registration address is lost somewhere in cyber space.
    There truly is a problem regarding the editing option.
  • Hi Paniolo_Gal. What does your username mean? Sorry, just curious.
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited April 2013
    Paniolo is what we in Hawaii call a cowboy...except I'm a gal...not a guy. That's how I derived my user name. But I think Paniolo came from a Latin or Spanish derivative. Paniolo just got absorbed into the Hawaiian language. I believe in the 1800s...They brought in Mustangs and the cowhands who were mostly from Mexico/Lower states. We still have a few wild horses from these mustangs still roaming in Waipio Valley on the Big Island (Hawaii).
    Just thinking...I should have used the word Pa'u Rider instead. Here in Hawaii, we celebrate Aloha Week & Kamehameha Day where Pa'u Riders (all females) ride a horse...the women are draped in long lengths of cloth. Each Hawaiian Island has a certain color and flower from which the Pa'u Rider dresses in. Since the introduction of horses in Hawaii, Queen Kaahumanu (King Kamehameha's Wife) and other Hawaiian Princesses in the past would ride on horseback to special occasions. But to protect their dresses...they draped yards of fabric to prevent their gowns from getting soiled.
    Thanks for your interest on my user name :)
  • Wow. Very interesting. A whole new part of the country I know nothing about. I've never been to Hawaii or Alaska or Mississippi or Alabama, but I have been in the other 46 states. I had not idea that there are wild horses in Hawaii. Amazing, as they must have been brought there by ship. Were they sailing ships? How does your time zone relate to the mainland time zones? I always say I live on Hawaiin time (without really knowing what that is) because I usually stay up to 2:30 AM and get up at about !0 or 11. I'm in the Pacific Time Zone.
  • Right now for me its 11:25pm. I'm usually 6 hours behind the EST.
  • Oh...in regards to transporting the horses to Hawaii...yes! They were brought in by ship back in the 1800s. When I get a chance, I'll check when the first horses arrived in Hawaii.
  • VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited April 2013
    I AM on Hawaiin time. Going to bed at 11:30 to midnight is just right and that would mean I was getting up at 7 or 8 in the morning. EST is 3 ahead of PST and PST is 3 hours ahead of you. I'm right in the middle. I'm going to bed soon. Don't see much point in staying up to watch a bunch of rotund mares sleeping. G'night.
  • Good night VA_in_CA. Nice to converse with someone still awake. Hope when there's another foaling...there will be more than just IKC & myself observing. It was a rough first week since signing up...Although I've been reading everyone's comments since they first created Zenyatta.com
  • Oh...in regards to transporting the horses to Hawaii...yes! They were brought in by ship back in the 1800s. When I get a chance, I'll check when the first horses arrived in Hawaii.
    Here's a brief synopsis on the First Horses and Paniolos in Hawaii:
    In 1803, American Richard Cleveland presented a stallion & mare to King Kamehameha I. The king was so impressed by a riding demonstration, that he requested more of these animals to be shipped over. The first cattle were brought in as a gift to the King in 1793 by Captain George Vancouver...but because cattle became a nuisance and a danger after they multiplied to over 25,000, they brought in "vaqueros" from Spanish Califiornia to teach cattle handling skills. They were referred to as "Espanoles" (Spaniards) which native Hawaiians pronounced as "paniolos". In time all cowboys in Hawaii became known as paniolos.
  • Wow! This is really fascinating. I love history and am sorry I missed this part. I love the way "espanoles" evolved (or maybe devolved) into "paniolos." Kind of like the way the Indian pronunciation of "English" evolved from "Yengeez" to "Yankees."
  • kyleakylea Administrator
    @wyominggrandma If you send me a private message with your new email address, I can help you change it.